Explosions near finish of Boston Marathon

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
Sharp eye you got, stevenk — respects to you if you also do copyedit work in newspapers or publishing. Chalk it up to fatigue from my editing until 2 a.m. in the morning practically every day this week, due to deadlines.

chalks up his grammatical error to having been up correcting grammatical errors all night

Marek

Banned
chalks up his grammatical error to having been up correcting grammatical errors all night

zjSRjJv.png

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member

see that log? this explosion is small! I'm no expert and didn't say I was anyhow.

if thats what you take away from it and want to get hostile and accuse me of spamming being a dumbass and such because I think its possible that people could be sacrificed by a government [to gain further control over the population] that has killed people in the past for being ''associated'' with arsonists and excersing their rights thats fine.

{HoLy SHiT tYpO!!!}nobody plants fags in their yards. well maybe some extreme homophobe has but I think you just forgot an L {HoLy SHiT tYpO!!!}

aria

Former Moderator
Have I missed something or is there an argument happening in this thread?

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Have I missed something or is there an argument happening in this thread?

Kaoru and Popcorn had a few choice words but otherwise a normal, everyday thread in the Neo :)

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
I hear the twat run over his brother too.
I hope this incident deters others after seeing theres nowhere to run or hide.
Credit to the way Boston took no shit.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
It's probably not going to be a separate charge against him, since his elder brother has already been ripped wide open by the time he fled.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Anyone wanna place bets on whether or not he tries to pin everything on his brother? "It was all his idea. He forced me to do it. He brain-washed me."

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Anyone wanna place bets on whether or not he tries to pin everything on his brother? "It was all his idea. He forced me to do it. He brain-washed me."
That's a given. The question is whether he has the guts to try this defense: 'When the police finally gave me an opportunity to get free of my bro's evil influence I ran him over. I am the hero that killed the real bomber!' ;)

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

On CCTV cameras:

"They're a great law enforcement method and device," the congressman told NBC News' Andrea Mitchell the day after the bombing. "It keeps us ahead of the terrorists who are constantly trying to kill us."

A pretty shitty and misleading way of pushing policy change - I read that annually more people in America are crushed to death by their televisions tipping forward than are killed by terrorism, and of the Americans killed, 90% of them are Muslim Americans who are visiting dodgy countries and just get caught up in the crossfire.

aria

Former Moderator
It's probably not going to be a separate charge against him, since his elder brother has already been ripped wide open by the time he fled.

Shaka, when the walls fell.
Zinda, his face black, his eyes red.
The beast at Tanagra.
Sokath, his eyes uncovered.
Mirab, with sails unfurled.
Tamerlan, his guts wide open.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
The beast at Tanagra.

:D

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
The beast at Tanagra.

Boy, what a random Star Trek: TNG episode to write a post about...

On a related note, Data would like to share some Cat Poetry with you. :)

Jon

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Hearing plenty of reports that lawmakers (King R-NY notably) and plenty of civilians want him to be charged as an enemy combatant, stripped of his rights to due process, assfucked, and gutted like a fish.

Luckily at least the ACLU is still functioning with more than half a brain.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
3 dead, 300+ million injured.

Oh, it's true. It's damn true.

What role surveillance played in the capture remains to be seen. Didn't the "break" come from an eyewitness whose legs were blown off? That the heavy surveillance already in place at the Boston Marathon and that Tamerlan was already being monitored by the FBI did not manage to prevent the attack is beyond dispute.

It's such an insane fantasy to think that these kinds of attacks can be prevented entirely, if only we have enough cameras, enough stop-and-frisks, enough checkpoints, enough warrantless eavesdropping. If only Mirandization, habeus corpus, and attorney-client privilege were a little more conditional.

It's not even that those who would give up an essential liberty to purchase a little temporary security deserve neither, it's that you don't get either.

Idle speculation follows:
Spoiler:
Speaking of the FBI, they have a habit of flushing out potential terrorists by devising terror plots, enlisting Muslims to carry them out, and then foiling their own plots. See: Mohamed Osman Mohamud, Hosam Maher Husein Smadi, Farooque Ahmed, Rezwan Ferdaus.

I would not be surprised if it came out that Tamerlan was the target of such a plan. I would also not be surprised if it never came out that Tamerlan was the target of such a plan.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
On the news this morning I heard a really quick thing saying the older brother I believe was married and they want to talk to his wife. If I heard them correct this would be the first I have seen that mentioned which is surprising since I figure something like that would have been brought up before.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
good thing we naturalized them

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. Citizen or non-citizen, held for a crime committed on U.S. soil, they still have a due process right under our constitution.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The only ones who profit from public surveillance cams are those who make and install them. Other than that, it's a giant waste of time and tax money.