Recent content by steveold

1. S

so... there's a 1 cent wrestling pay-per-view on tomorrow night (tonight)....

Anyone gonna check it out? For one penny they got my support. I think the fed's called NWA and supposedly I've heard good things about them. I saw a commercial of it flash by Monday night and saw former WWF wrestler D-LO Brown on the card... so that's where he went, after his stint with...
  2. S

FREE!! Dragon Force US version Sega Saturn (you help me, I help you) NEW FREE STUFF!

Yes, new free stuff thrown in. See the 12th post of this thread... 1. You must have paypal 2. You must agree to paypal someone, living in Australia, $225 (two-hundred and twenty-five, yes) in US currency 3. I'll pay you back 225 in a US money order in a quick time span, and also when I send...
  3. S

I can smell and see it... Halloween's a-coming ... and FAST

I sense something in the air... I smell something in the distance... the skies have suddenly turned dark with thunder clouds... the sun goes down a little sooner... it's coming... Ghosts goblins witches and ghouls... SAMHAIN!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Seriously, I love the Fall/Winter time... when...
  4. S

Saturn In the Hunt/Kaitei Daisensou

I recently got Kaitei Daisensou (JPN In the Hunt) and at first the game would not boot up. It scared me b/c I recall hearing rumors that it would not run on US modded Saturns, also I've heard from a well knowledgable Saturn friend that Kaitei is stubborn and will not work ALL the time. So...
  5. S

Simpsons Season DVDs...

My brother just bought seasons 1-3 on the net, costing him 100 bucks. He's not a hardcore Simpsons freak, but said it'd be nice to have in the "collection." He was also browsing imdb.com for fun when he typed in SAVED BY THE BELL and guess what? SBTB Seasons 1-2 DVD will be out ... tomorrow...
  6. S

just curious: what was the freakiest nightmare you ever had?

The kind where you actually woke up and did a double check to made sure you were OK. That KIND. My worst was probably when I was five years old. I had just watched HalloweeN and that night I dreamt Michael Myers was stalking my ass. Now that was NO fun, and I was 5 years old no less. It was...
  7. S

Thunder Force V (Saturn, PSX)

I been playing this game lately. Let me just reaffirm... this game ROCKS. The graphics on the Saturn version get a little pixel-ly at times but it's no big deal. The game just feels right on the money. Let's talk about TF V, the weapons, the enemies, who's actually beaten the game, etc. all...
  8. S

Late night/early morning pseudo-rant (just saw Freddy vs. Jason)

I waited 10-plus years for that CRAP?!?! Shit. Let me direct it. I guarantee you I would have made the clash of two horror movie icons a bonafide B-movie classic, then that crap they put on... you know, the one that is America's #1 movie right now (based on sales) I'm serious, I almost...
  9. S

how adamant about video game manuals and cases are you?

Just curious. If a game is disc only, would you still go after it, or MUST you have it complete for your interest to be poked? I kinda do care, on certain occasions. I wouldn't say I'm a completist, but if it comes w/ the manual and case I'll be much more thrilled. I only buy disc only if it...
  10. S

SNK in the rounds of latest EGM issue

Page 50, one full page that talks about the rise and fall of 2D powerhouse SNK. Shows SNK 2D Forever t-shirt that says 1978-2001. Article mentions a special KoF 2-in-1 package for PS2 (KOF 2000 and 2001) and a GBA Metal Slug, and MS3 on PS2. Future plans include $9.99 PS1 versions of old...
  11. S

Beat em up fans who own a Saturn, you must click here, NOW...

I finally got my hands on it. It took me forever to find. This Saturn beat em up is so rare and expensive, it took me ages to locate. And I don't even own it! Ha, no. I found a buddy who has it and he let me rent it. So now I'm here to spread the word on a little unknown Saturn beat em up...
  12. S

Interesting take on "who should post feedback first: buyer or seller?"

I was checking out some auctions earlier, and came across this seller's ME Page. ME pages usually make for some good reading... Anyway, I always personally felt that the seller should leave feedback for the BUYER immediately once payment is recieved and good. This guy has a different P.o.V...
  13. S

Video game rage

Alright, fess up. Who gets it, and what is the worst thing you ever did when you got pissed off by a video game? To be honest, I no longer get "game rage." I used to have it but I quickly dropped it like a bad habit. My theory is... if games cause you stress, you're taking it a little too...
  14. S

Q&A for you fine folks inside...

Hello. Here are some statements, you answer "Yes" as in "more times than not" or "No" as in "less times than successful." Generally speaking. 1. The best things in life are worth waiting for, yes or no? 2. The best things in life come in small packages, yes or no? (interpretation will...
  15. S

Any Elevator Action fans...

I don't really recall the original but now I will get the chance to. Got EA Returns in the mail today; so far I like what I played. It's fun, the blood is a nice touch, and it just feels right. Seems to me like Saturn EAR has a bit of a mixed reaction. Some love it, others scream at it for...