The most average Neo game you've played

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Fighters History Dynamite - probably the most inoffensive Neo Geo brawler. It's just totally "meh".

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Except Saturn Bomberman; the adventure and master modes are fun. Though, it's multiplayer is also epic and of course the primary reason to own it as well as a saturn multi-tap or two.

Bomberman 93, 94, the Supers, etc all have decent one player modes with the later ones being more elaborate and cool. Bomberman Land 2 on GC is great also. I’ve only done them once or twice though whereas that multiplayer is so good and entertaining over and over for years. SS is probably the best version still.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Andro Dunos.
Andros Dunos 2 was fun. I beat that recently.

One more Puzzle De Pon/R

I mean the core mechanics are good but why play this over the Puzzle Bobble/ Bust A Move Series

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
This is the NEO•GEO we're talking about here.
There is nothing average about any of this.
Every single game is obviously a top tier AAA+A title and simply can't be matched.
GOD!!!!

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Man…I really love 2020. It’s a top five Neo game for me. It’s probably one of the reasons I’m still a Neo fan.
Fair enough. I think I’m definitely playing on nostalgia, BBS2 was the second homecart I bought and really the first since I got KOF 94 with my system in a deal. I think if we’re talking sports Football Frenzy is an awful game way worse than SB 2k20 but I have nostalgia for that as well since it was one of the first Neo games I was exposed to in the arcade.

I bought SB 2020 recently for PS4 since it was on sale this past week and thought I’d revisit it. and it just doesn’t click with me as much.

I never gave the EA Genesis version a shot as I was playing Tony La Russa at the time. Maybe I’ll play that on my Pocket.

I did watch this recently but I think it’s a stretch what he’s saying.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
isnt the bulk of the library average... by definition.

also.... its pretty average regardless.
Yup. There are so many neo games no one would ever talk about if they came out on the snes or genesis instead.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Mutation Nation is a super average beat 'em up, but compared to most of the others on the system it seems good by comparison. Fuck Sengoku, for real
I find sengoku 1 and 2 near unplayable. How they where ever popular I wont know. Like who the fuck played 1 and was like "yes more of this please". However 3 is great.

Johnny16Bit

Camel Slug
Lol, I love Sengoku! It's one of my favourite games on the Neo :)

It's got its obvious flaws of course, but the atmosphere is great - and most of all it's a completely oddball close-combat-R-Type-for-sperg-score-bitches. I'll always wonder what was intended and genius, or the result of chance, but playing it seriously in one credit was one of my best arcade experiences.

If you want to take a look at how it's got to be played, watch this vid by a top Italian player (not of those tool/savestate assisted rubbish playthroughs):

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Sengoku was the second game I bought for the AES. I also like the second one. Sengoku 3 can't be the best Sengoku when it isn't even a real Sengoku anyway. Not a bad game but plays completely different.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Sengoku was the second game I bought for the AES. I also like the second one. Sengoku 3 can't be the best Sengoku when it isn't even a real Sengoku anyway. Not a bad game but plays completely different.
I've always stated that Sengoku 3 should have been the sequel to Ninja Combat....but yeah,nothing wrong with the Sengoku titles at all with the exception being Sengoku 2 doesn't have enough levels.
BB

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
My vote goes to Fight Fever.Thats one game I played and forgot it even exists...
BB

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I'd probably have to say Blue's Journey so far in me beating every neo-geo game. As for Fatal Fury 2, pending on skill set, at default 2 rounds, take almost 30 minutes to beat with each character. That was more of a pain than anything.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
One more Puzzle De Pon/R

I mean the core mechanics are good but why play this over the Puzzle Bobble/ Bust A Move Series
Because it's fun to knock that plate loose at the top of the field instead of just clearing the screen. The bonus items are fun too. I enjoy playing through the 30 stages of each Puzzle de Pon!