A semi-serious discussion on transgender issues

Alphabet

Zero's Secretary
Show me I’m wrong. Things are going slowly but surely...
Both the GDP and GNP show a negative growth along with greater business failures and unemployment.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Show me I’m wrong. Things are going slowly but surely...
Both the GDP and GNP show a negative growth along with greater business failures and unemployment.

Never mind, I re-read your post and now understand what you were writing.

And I agree with you that a deflationary period is a possibility.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
This is the heart of the matter.

it's 100% my choice. The reality is, it would possibly cost me my marriage, definitely cost my friendships, and 100% cost me my job. They'd find some way to let me go outside of the opposite, but I'd be fired nonetheless. Looking to the law to protect me from that is not a good move.

I dunno I think you frequently spew a bunch of BS, but I have to disagree with this point the most. How does you still having your cock and nuts affect the way you do your job? Once you get them chopped off will that take away all your trade skills? Is all your knowledge of low voltage electrical stored in your testicles? Now you won't be strong enough to lift a 50 pound spool of wire? No you'll be fine. Your profession is a predominantly male and you'll have to deal with the machismo. Maybe the company will have to deal with the stigma of having a tranny on the crew.

No that's exactly who should look to the law to protect them in doing, getting and keeping a job. Those who can do the job, do it well and are willing to do it. There's million of people out there that can't and are not willing to do a job but still somehow have it. While others could do the job better but are not afforded the opportunity or are let go because of some unrelated issue. That's cancel culture.

Screw women that have and get jobs they can't do physically as well. It isn't that common though or as common as you would think. I'm sure there's at least a handful of them in this world though.

We all talked about this a few years ago. I still don't understand older people transitioning. I talked about how it's awkward pissing next to a old dude with a beard and titties wearing an ugly dress and a pearl necklace.

Guy I know my age from Jr High is transitioning now. Says his parents died not he feels free to do it. Me Shrugs..

I don't understand why you can't just identify with the set of junk you have?

Guess it takes time and money to get all that stuff done. A bunch of this seems manufactured though.

You have a penis you go to men's jail prison. Once you don't have it you can go to women's prison.

Pretty sure there's been femmes in prison for the last 50 years. Dudes with long hair and possibly breasts. If they are being hoes or getting raped you separate them for a bit and figure it out.

Dating sites have been mixing everybody up these days too. I guess you don't want to exclude anybody. Seems like BITD they used to have their own niches or at least sections. Same thing, to me the million dollar question is do you have a snatch or a dick?

That's nice most self identify though you can usually spot them anyways but some chicks look like dudes and vice versa. I read a local profile and a lady was like no I'm not a tranny, I have a Vag and popped 7 kids out of it, no i wont show it to you.

Just saying most guys don't appreciate getting penis surprise. If you were making out with somebody and they were like surprise, look at I have a penis.

Men have penises and women have vaginas. I'm sure some people can take decades to transition and some I bet change their minds. Until they are post op I don't understand why they are not considered drag or a transvestite/cross dresser depending on sexual preference?

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I would consult a lawyer in your state before trying to sue a company for sexual identity discrimination. I’m not sure it’s a protected class in IL. If it is, put on your red shoes and dance the blues. Your boss has deep deep pockets.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Men have penises and women have vaginas? Can't confirm, but, a wise kindergartner once told an undercover police officer masquerading as a substitute teacher that very same thing, so, it MIGHT be legit info.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Men have penises and women have vaginas? Can't confirm, but, a wise kindergartner once told an undercover police officer masquerading as a substitute teacher that very same thing, so, it MIGHT be legit info.

I’d love to see Kindergarten Cop 2, which would take place in a university, with millennials. Get it?!

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
This time, it's DEFINITELY not a tumor!

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

You kind of bounce around quite a bit there...but I'll do my best.

I socially came to grips with my "issue" in 2015...and like I do most things I'm interested in, I then researched the hell out of it. I spent years processing things, getting counseling, and working with it along side my wife. Let me be clear on this, it was never my intention to transition, ever. It was my intention to "come out" and get some help...or, at a minimum, understand more about it.

This isn't the popular thing to say at the moment, but giving into it does not seem to be the answer for many people, and I'm not the only one to say that. Suicide rates of those with gender dysphoria is already high...and based on studies I've found, that rate goes up after somone transitions. There's also all kinds of people that have basically had to move away from their life to transition, just popping in as the opposite sex one day doesn't have a good outcome. Living where I do and doing what I do for a living, I assure you that transitioning around here would 100% not only cost me my job, it would cost me my career. Honestly, I wouldn't blame them.

The problem is that with the whole "hate speech" witch hunt going full steam, nearly anything that doesn't state that transgender people are all A-OK, mentally healthy people is taken as slander, so getting objective data isn't always the easiest.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
The problem with a lot of movie sequels is that they wait too damn long to do them, when the actors and actresses are nearing retirement age. Strike when the iron is hot, for chrissakes! Ahnuld is probably too damn old to be in Kindergarten Cop 2, but, I suppose it could work if he was a crotchety older mentor figure to a younger officer, but, that just wouldn't be the same. It WOULD be funny is said younger officer was trans and another kid tried the same line on them and they had a response that reflects the current times.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I assure you that transitioning around here would 100% not only cost me my job, it would cost me my career. Honestly, I wouldn't blame them.

You didn't answer my question.
Then you just repeated yourself.

Do your testicles help you do your job properly?
Is having a penis a requirement for your job?

Again things that you do outside of work that nothing to do with your job performance are the reason why workplace discrimination laws exist in the first place.

Anybody ever heard that tired old expression I don't care what you do outside of work, that's none of my business. Meh put your money where your mouth is.

You are a bootlicker. You constanlty lobby against your own best interest and then defend a messed up system. Why, what does it get you? You always come up with the same lame tired talking points from talk radio and defend it all.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member

Again things that you do outside of work that nothing to do with your job performance are the reason why workplace discrimination laws exist in the first place.

Anybody ever heard that tired old expression I don't care what you do outside of work, that's none of my business. Meh put your money where your mouth is.

You are a bootlicker. You constanlty lobby against your own best interest and then defend a messed up system. Why, what does it get you? You always come up with the same lame tired talking points from talk radio and defend it all.

First off...why the need for insults here? It doesn't progress the conversation. There's a massive difference between being a "bootlicker" (as you so lovingly put it) and not being so stupid as to bring a butter knife to a bazooka fight.

Second...I fully understand your stupid and obvious question. No, genitals have no role in my job, I just felt no reason to answer such an absurd question.

I also understand the real world and how things really work. A company can come up with nearly endless reasons to let you go that have zip with the issue at hand. More power to you attempting to sue them and get it to stand in court. Like Wasabi said, the "boss" certainly does have deep pockets, do you as well?

I'll say this again, laws will NEVER push social change, especially in the acceptance dept. Try all you like, pass all the laws you like, see where that gets you. I'm not defending anyone and I'm certainly not defending absurd feel-good laws, either.

Honestly, you often come across as confused...which boots are you licking? Sometimes you're in favor of the anti-gov stance...then another, you're sticking up for them (like you are in this case, citing anti-discrimination laws).

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member

I think many of us sacrifice our personal lives for our Career. Don't act like we all live as our true selves in the workplace....

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Workplace discrimination laws don't protect you from discrimination. And oftentimes, workplace culture isn't something you can just report without feeling the very real and job/career threatening retaliatory brunt. There are tons of cultural circumvention of your rights and they happen every day.

And saying 'get another job' isn't easy when you have something that works well for you and your family. Especially during COVID

And saying 'well, that's on you, that's your choice" is also equally ignorant and myopic, IMO

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Not saying discrimination doesn't exist or get another job.
Not saying we don't all have to do acts.
I understand there's very little you can do about it as well.

I'm saying things are broken and that's not how it should work.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Not saying discrimination doesn't exist or get another job.
Not saying we don't all have to do acts.
I understand there's very little you can do about it as well.

I'm saying things are broken and that's not how it should work.

This much we absolutely agree on.

And this isn't directed towards you because you're not implying this (I don't think), just a general observation.

All the laws and rules and workplace compliance guidelines in the world won't really fix the problem. That's just more reliance on authority figures vulnerable to subjectivity, bias and preference.

Leadership is always a fail-state building towards critical mass.

Don't ask me for a solution to society's problems. I can not produce that result for you. If I could, I'd certainly not have the time on my hands to bullshit about it on a forum dedicated to an overpriced legacy gaming console.

It's about surviving in the terrain in which you find yourself. For me, it's just about myself and my wife.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
But since money to lefties is just some imaginary, magical concept where enough always appears with absolutely no deleterious consequences, make it $15. Better yet, make it $20. I mean if it doesn't matter at all, why does the number even matter?

:lolz:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This much we absolutely agree on.

And this isn't directed towards you because you're not implying this (I don't think), just a general observation.

All the laws and rules and workplace compliance guidelines in the world won't really fix the problem. That's just more reliance on authority figures vulnerable to subjectivity, bias and preference.

Leadership is always a fail-state building towards critical mass.

Don't ask me for a solution to society's problems. I can not produce that result for you. If I could, I'd certainly not have the time on my hands to bullshit about it on a forum dedicated to an overpriced legacy gaming console.

It's about surviving in the terrain in which you find yourself. For me, it's just about myself and my wife.

Not trying to solve is a cop out.

The solution is to convince society to accept a new social contract. People need to stop selling each other out in the workplace for shit wages. People need to listen to their hearts when they’re sick of their jobs, and quit.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

The solution is to convince society to accept a new social contract. People need to stop selling each other out in the workplace for shit wages. People need to listen to their hearts when they’re sick of their jobs, and quit.

This.

The unemployment rate in our lifetimes is historically low. It might have bumped during the pandemic, but that aside, anyone who has been scared of quitting a job they hate during our lifetimes is statistically the biggest pussy in human history.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member

Sounds like you believe you know what needs to be done. Good luck.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm still developing my political theory that will allow people to enjoy their freedoms of speech, assembly, the press and so forth, but with a closed off government that makes decisions behind closed doors so that the people won't feel exhausted and struggling with the problems of politics. I'll invite you guys to my new country when I figure it out.