Recent content by Vigormortis

1. Vigormortis

Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

I'm pretty sure he's got plenty to hide. That red front cover on the "CMVS" looks like it might just be a piece of paper lol .
  2. Vigormortis

Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

https://www.ebay.com/itm/163190728167 Come get your special limited edition CMVS :lolz:
  3. Vigormortis

CRT Fetish Thread

For these TCL TVs, an OSSC would probably be a better choice than a Framemeister. The OSSC's display compatibility issues just aren't a problem for the S405 & P607. Framemeister adds 20ms lag, while OSSC doesn't add any lag. That was my exact experience too. I bought the Framemeister to use...
  4. Vigormortis

CRT Fetish Thread

Framemeister is the better choice in terms of compatibility with displays and capture devices. However, that's not an issue with the TCL 55p607, because it doesn't have any trouble displaying the OSSC's signals according those those who have tried it. As Mega mentioned earlier, this TV...
  5. Vigormortis

CRT Fetish Thread

I didn't see magic smoke, but I could smell it. I'll decide whether to hunt down another CRT after I try out an OSSC. The OSSC & TCL P55607 might just be a winning combo for completely replacing a CRT in my setup.
  6. Vigormortis

CRT Fetish Thread

A moment of silence for my PVM 20M4U. It gave up the ghost yesterday with a sizzle and a pop. For now, I don't think I'll be going back to a CRT. I recently purchased a TCL 55P607 4k TV, which has an amazingly low 15ms input lag. I'm really enjoying it with the Framemeister. I plan to...
  7. Vigormortis

Post Your Recent Purchases!

To access the bulb, you need to remove the rear panel on the marquee assembly. It's just a few screws. After you remove the panel, you should also be able to remove the cam lock without doing any drilling. From back there, you can also access the wiring to the speakers if you need to convert...
  8. Vigormortis

Luckily, it looks like you have the control panel and front panel already open, so you don't need to mess with a drill. You can just get behind the other locks and remove them, with the exception of the coin drawer. For that, you can use a flathead screwdriver and hammer to chisel the cam down...
  9. Vigormortis

Who else has gone back to consumer crts?

If I had the room, I would do my retro gaming on a late 90s-early 2000s SD CRT with component inputs, and just use an RGB -> component encoder. I might even settle for S-video. For 240p and 480i gaming, composite to s-video is by far the biggest leap in quality.
  10. Vigormortis

WTB 1Chip Super Famicom

Another game to watch out for on the 1chip is Super Ghouls & Ghosts. On my Super UFO 8 flash cart, the sprites are really glitchy. I believe the SD2SNES may suffer from this issue as well on a 1chip system. However, it plays fine on the 1chip on my Super Everdrive. I presume the original...
  11. Vigormortis

When was the AES released?

Yes, there are indeed two different versions of Magician Lord. In one version, your lifebar has 3 units + another 3 when transformed. When you die, you respawn at a checkpoint (usually the last door you entered) In the other version, your lifebar has 2 units + another 2 when transformed...
  12. Vigormortis

You may just want to get 240v AC adapters instead of a step down converter. It takes up less space. For the Framemeister, the power supply for the PSP 1000 or 2000 should work. For the Super Famicom, a Sega Mega Drive model 1 adapter will work. DO NOT use a PAL SNES AC Adapter. I think that...
  13. Vigormortis

WTB MVS multicart MVS

PM sent
  14. Vigormortis

Lets discuss repros and where they belong in the community.

I find repros pointless if a game can be played on a flashcart. I will soon find repros pointless on a Neo Geo ;P