WTB shitty 5 port SCART selector in USA

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I wanna try a little experiment to see if I can mod one of those low quality (dims the image) scart switchers into something halfway decent. Rather than pay to have one shipped from the UK, I figured it would be worthwhile to see if anyone in the USA would be interested in selling me their poor quality 5 way switch. It has to be a model that at least has some sort of switch mechanism such as the ones I have linked below. The simple switchless splitters are completely hopeless, so I definitely don't want one of those :P

I'm looking for something like these abominations:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390758718107
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400444335999

If you haven't bothered to throw your switch away yet and would like to unload it, send me a PM :D

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Hit up "broken" on here. He had a few of the last one that you linked here I think about a year ago. He modded one to work directly with the 8pin din of the mini xrgb for me and it performs equally as good as the more expensive Hama 100s, but with a couple extra ports.

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Oh? Does your switcher not cause any picture degradation / interference on RGB lines when you have multiple consoles running? I had read that the doorstep shaped 5 port switch was one of the of the bad ones (which is why I wanted it :P )

Last edited:

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Oh? Does your switcher not cause any picture degradation when you have multiple consoles running? I had read that the doorstep shaped 5 port switch was one of the of the bad ones (which is why I wanted it :P )

It's a non-issue as I don't have 2+ consoles on at the same time. Why would you?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
I have one of these as well and as mentioned up top, as long as you don't have more then two consoles hooked up your good. Vig, If you need one I have a spare.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I use the second one and yes you can. Just take it apart and correctly solder the ground wires.