Neo Candy Club

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Spent the afternoon rotating the monitor in my Super Neo. The MS-2930 frame had to be modified a bit but nothing too drastic. Finally ready for some shooters!

Running GroovyMAME ;)

vert1.jpgvert2.jpg

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Recently installed new repro CP from codecrank plus new LS-38 sticks and buttons. Some yellowed plastic pieces removed pending painting.

DSC01302 (Large).JPG

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Love the neo candies, the super doesnt have that glass top :(

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Had a few people on FB and Instagram ask me about the marquee light replacement, I got a replacement at home depot:

Under the CP looks gross I know, but its far better than what it was when I first got it. Anyone know what the stock sticks are? These have some heavy rust and I'd like to get stock ones or close to stock ones.

Last thing before I get back to cleaning- does anyone know where I can source a replacement cp wiring? This one is pretty ratty and I'd really like to have the 4 pin connector for the joysticks.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Had a few people on FB and Instagram ask me about the marquee light replacement, I got a replacement at home depot:

Under the CP looks gross I know, but its far better than what it was when I first got it. Anyone know what the stock sticks are? These have some heavy rust and I'd like to get stock ones or close to stock ones.

Last thing before I get back to cleaning- does anyone know where I can source a replacement cp wiring? This one is pretty ratty and I'd really like to have the 4 pin connector for the joysticks.

I have all the stuff to make these, even the 6 pin connector for the select buttons.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
And we are done with the physical parts of the restoration! Just need new sticks now, and Kiel is working in the 4 slot.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Wow, looks great man!! :D

What type of paint did you use on the plastic?

jdoll

Kuroko's Training Dummy
great stuff out of curiousity are the majority of you guys owners due to finding locally via sites like craigslist or some other internet forum or site? or have you had long drives and or deliveries?

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Last week I painted the yellowed parts of my Neo Candy 29 and picked up a Super Neo 29. It was a good week! :D

neo candy.jpg

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Last week I painted the yellowed parts of my Neo Candy 29 and picked up a Super Neo 29. It was a good week! :D

View attachment 43823

Holy moly, that super neo 29! And that other candy is looking fresh!

Alright, so whoever owned my cabinet before removed the degauss from the PSU. I see where the cord from the monitor connects but the part that connects it to the power supply are missing. Anyone fabricate these now?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Moved the Super Neo 29 back into the spare room today, finally got some space back in the garage too. Cleaned up and ready for shooters! Unfortunately the convergence strips I used have shifted as I relocated the machine... corners are all fuzzy :(

cabindahouse.jpgcabindahouse2.jpg

NoAffinity

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Available domestically too: http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/532-locks

i think my super neo 29 used the 5/8" 15mm ones for the access doors, not 100% on that.

Can any of my Neo 25 compadres help me out? Which lock at the above link would be a correct replacement for the control panel locks in the Neo 25?

I know (or expect) the lock won't have the correct "locking bracket" that extends up off the lock and latches into the control panel hold-downs, but I'd like to start with the correct base lock, and then worry about fashioning (or jerry-rigging) a bracket to secure the panel through the hold-downs.

Any help is appreciated.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Can any of my Neo 25 compadres help me out? Which lock at the above link would be a correct replacement for the control panel locks in the Neo 25?

I know (or expect) the lock won't have the correct "locking bracket" that extends up off the lock and latches into the control panel hold-downs, but I'd like to start with the correct base lock, and then worry about fashioning (or jerry-rigging) a bracket to secure the panel through the hold-downs.

Any help is appreciated.

I've got the same problem, and I haven't been able to source a replacement. My CP sits a little uneven without it.

NoAffinity

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I've got the same problem, and I haven't been able to source a replacement. My CP sits a little uneven without it.

I got this help from a Arcade Otaku forum member, a while back. Looks like it's a 5/8" lock (or equivalent in mm).

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?p=471432#p470829

I'm going to try the 5/8" lock from paradise and see if I can't jimmy-rig a hold-down bracket.

There's also pretty extensive measurements there, of the hold-down bracket that bolts to the lock.