Neo Candy Club

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Hey guys, is there a volume control somewhere in my Neo Candy 25? Can't seem to find it :/

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
Probably not, SNK didn’t bother with sound amps to my knowledge.. Quality.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
LOL, every time I change games the cab turns itself up to 11.

Shakepants

Crossed Swords Squire
Probably not, SNK didn’t bother with sound amps to my knowledge.. Quality.

But they had the decency to place the power supply to right side instead of in the middle of the freakin' PCB mounting area. Like on the AC. That's retarded. :D

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Ive been thinking about swapping a ms-2930 from my blast city into the super neo candy 29. does anyone know if it will fit the bezel or cabinet with the right frame?

EDIT: Answered my own question and yes it does! It actually fits perfectly (monitor mounting frame wise...) the only issue is there is a small maybe 8-10mm gap between the monitor face and the bezel. Nothing a bit of glue backed foam wont fix.

monitor1.jpgmonitor2.jpg

Last edited:

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
What did you do about getting power to the Toshiba, since the super neo’s stock Hitachi has a cord that plugs directly into the PSU?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
The remote board will be under the CP, is about the same size as the Hitachi's.

I haven't wired it up yet but I was thinking of using the Hitachi's cord or simply buying the US plug and wiring one myself. I'll also need to wire up the demag circuit, that wiring is also hard wired to the Hitachi's chassis. I have a spare blast city monitor loom which will be used.

In the coming days I should have some pics up of it running.

EDIT: Wiring done! I used a spare Blast City monitor loom and ended up removing the demag and power wires from the Hitachi for compatibility.

finished.jpg

Also cleaned up the monitor loom to some extent tonight. Just need to tidy up the control boards loom and we're square.
Because the monitor chassis on the MS-2930 is wider than the Hitachi's it does reduce the cabinet space somewhat. The Hitachi's chassis was set to one side and square. You could still stack 3 CPS2's there I bet.

monitorclean.jpg

Last edited:

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
Where can I find a 6 button control panel for the Neo 25 cab? I'd like to add a little bit of variety without restorting to making my original control panel look retarded.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Where can I find a 6 button control panel for the Neo 25 cab? I'd like to add a little bit of variety without restorting to making my original control panel look retarded.

There isn't one. However, I will happily trade you my modified 7 button CP for your OG 4 button :D

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
There isn't one. However, I will happily trade you my modified 7 button CP for your OG 4 button :D

The 6 button CP is real! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGnIZJ9VM_M

A trade is out of the question. Your cab looks like the 29 inch version. Your CP is bigger than the one for my 25 inch cab. I was wondering how they managed to cram the bottom row of buttons in until I realized that the CP was larger :P

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member

They are out there. I'm not sure who made them but they look legit. I wouldn't drill holes in your stock panel since everybody that goes to the street fighter panel eventually goes back to the original panel after they get it out of their system. Which leads me to say why bother to swap panels in the first place.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
The 6 button CP is real! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGnIZJ9VM_M

A trade is out of the question. Your cab looks like the 29 inch version. Your CP is bigger than the one for my 25 inch cab. I was wondering how they managed to cram the bottom row of buttons in until I realized that the CP was larger :P

6 button CP is aftermarket. Sorry, I thought you meant original. Mine is the Neo 25 here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?225904-Neo-Candy-Club&p=3882020&viewfull=1#post3882020

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
6 button CP is aftermarket. Sorry, I thought you meant original. Mine is the Neo 25 here: http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?225904-Neo-Candy-Club&p=3882020&viewfull=1#post3882020

That really looks like a 29. On the 29, the body of the cab is wider than the marquee and speaker assembly. On the 25, the marquee is the same width as the body, and there is less real estate on the CP.

Neo Candy 29
2l95kiu.jpg

Neo Candy 25
20150407_114508_zpsun07yvrk.jpg

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member

This is my 25 With the panel you are looking for. Notice no game select button.

Like I said they are around, you just have to hunt for them being parted out here and there. And I guarantee you will want to swap it back to stock after a couple of months. There is something so right about playing Neo games on this machine, why would you ever do otherwise?

Congrats on the Neo Candy 25! It's best machine ever.

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
attachment.php

Neo Candy 25 4 button panel.jpg

Hmmm, they did a better job of centering the artwork on the 12 button panel vs the 8 button one. Now I want one even more :P .

It really is a fantastic Neo Geo cab. However, it's the only cab I have room for. I wouldn't want to replace it with a bigger cab, so I'd really love the option to swap in a 12 button panel.