The King of Fighters All Star
Template:GameInfoboxThe King of Fighters All Star (ザ・キング・オブ・ファイターズ オールスター, Za kingu Obu faitāzu ōrusutā) is a free to play, mobile beat’em up RPG game released for iOS and Android, developed by a South Korean gaming company Netmarble authorized by SNK. The game brings together all the characters of the KOF series up to The King of Fighters XIV.
While including KOF series fighters, the game also includes limited crossover events with other franchises and companies. Most notable crossovers have been Gintama (2018, 2020), Samurai Shodown (2019), Tekken (2019), WWE (2020), Seven Knights (2020) and The Seven Deadly Sins (2021). Netmarble stated that more crossovers are in discussions. In addition to crossovers, the game also holds special events that introduces fighters with holiday themes and genderbent characters.
The game initially released in Japan in July 26, 2018.
After high demand from South Korea, the game was released there in May 9, 2019 having gone through tests at events there since the end of 2018 and holding special venues for promotion.
Netmarble announced a release for a global server (including Americas, Europe and China) in October 22, 2019 with pre-registering being available until then.
The game was ultimately a success for all servers and has been one of the most successful mobile games for The King of Fighters franchise up to date.
- Gintama - First updated in October 12th, 2018 only for Japanese servers. On July 23rd, 2020 a 2nd event was released, this time being released in all versions. 1st event Added Gintoki Sakata, Shinsuke Takasugi, Sougo Okita and Toushirou Hijikata with Kagura and Isao Kondou being free and unlockable, respectively. 2nd Event added White Yaksha Gintoki Sakata, Kamui, Kotarou Katsura, & Elizabeth, with Elizabeth being given for free while Kagura and Isao Kondou are unlockables.
- Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge - First updated in May 20th, 2019 for Japanese and Korean servers. Added Haohmaru, Genjuro Kibagami, Charlotte Christine de Colde and Rimururu with Ukyo Tachibana and Shiro Tokisada Amakusa being free and unlockable, respectively.
- Tekken 7 - First updated in November 20th, 2019. Added Jin Kazama, Kazuya Mishima, Heihachi Mishima, Ling Xiaoyu (two variants) and Paul Phoenix with "Traditional" Jin Kazama and Armor King II being free and unlockable, respectively.
- WWE - First updated in May 13th, 2020. Added The Rock, John Cena, The Undertaker, Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch with Kofi Kingston, "The People's Champion" variant of The Rock and the "Doctor of Thuganomics" variant of John Cena being free and unlockable, respectively.
- Seven Knights (2020) - First updated in November 26, 2020. Volume 1 adds Rudy, Shane and Rachel Agni, with Rachel being given for free. Dellons and Eileene Heron are included at Volume 2 around early December 2020.
- The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon's Judgement - First updated in March 30th, 2021. Volume 1 adds Meliodas, Ban, Merlin, and Elizabeth Liones, with Elizabeth and the "Tavern Master" variant of Meliodas being given for free. King Harlequin, Diane, and the "Dancer" variant of Elizabeth Liones are included at Volume 2 around at early April 2021.
The player wakes up in the world of The King of Fighters without any memory to remember. With the help of an energetic girl named Noah, the player must participate in the tournaments from The King of Fighters '94 (and onward), and wins the tournaments in order to regain their memory. Starting from the very beginning (KOF '94), the player must go through each chapters (categorized in specific years) for each saga with NESTS saga being the most recent update.
While including all fighters from the main KOF series, the game implements a gacha system where certain characters are only available for a limted time. These "festa" characters are only obtainable through summons and not by regular unlocking.
Another feature is the battle card system, where certain special moves are unlocked by equipping a matching battle card suited for the specific fighter. Depending on the card, it unlocks super skills that may cost from three bars to five bars of power with having weaker stats for lesser costs. Most cards need to be pulled or manually selected (with the use of tickets), but some are unlockable through Epic Quests (usually costs three bars).
The game also features multiple remixes of BGM's from previous installments depending on the character or his/her team. In addition to soundtracks, the game also includes many stages reminiscent of previous SNK series and respective franchises (for crossovers i.e. Tekken).
<tabber> Orochi Saga=
- Kyo Kusanagi ('94~'98, XIII-NESTS, and Special Signature variants)
- Benimaru Nikaido ('94~'97, '99 and 2001 variants)
- Goro Daimon ('94~'97 and Merry Christmas variants)
- Terry Bogard ('94~'97 and 2003 variants)
- Andy Bogard ('94~'98, 2001 and New Year variants)
- Joe Higashi ('94~'97 and Sakura Festival variants)
- Ryo Sakazaki ('94~'98 and XIV variants)
- Robert Garcia ('94~'98 variants)
- Takuma Sakazaki ('94, '95 and '98 variants)
- Heidern ('94, '95, '98 and Halloween variants)
- Ralf Jones ('94~'97 and Ranger variants)
- Clark Still ('94~'97 and Ranger variants)
- Athena Asamiya ('94~2000, Festival, Wonderland and Special Signature variants)
- Sie Kensou ('94~'97 and '99 variants)
- Chin Gentsai ('94~'97 and '99 variants)
- King ('94~'98 and Valentine variants)
- Mai Shiranui ('94~'98, XIII, New Year, Summer Vacation and Special Signature variants)
- Yuri Sakazaki ('94~'98, Softball, Merry Christmas and Wonderland variants)
- Kim Kaphwan ('94~'98, 2001 and Pretty variants)
- Chang Koehan ('94~'97, Merry Christmas and Pretty variants)
- Choi Bounge ('94~'97 and Merry Christmas variants)
- Heavy-D! ('94 and '98 variants)
- Lucky Glauber ('94 and '98 variants)
- Brian Battler ('94, '98 and Pretty variants)
- Rugal Bernstein ('94 and Bottomless Desire variants)
- Iori Yagami ('95~'98, XIII, Wonderland, and Special Signature variants)
- Eiji Kisaragi ('95 variant)
- Billy Kane ('95, '97, Sakura Festival and Pretty variants)
- Saisyu Kusanagi ('95 and Fake Trial variants)
- Omega Rugal ('98 and SNK Boss Syndrome variant)
- Leona Heidern ('96~'97, XII and Merry Christmas variants)
- Kasumi Todoh ('96, 2000, Valentine and Christmas variants)
- Mature ('96, '98, XII, Halloween Party and Swimsuit variants)
- Vice ('96, '98, 2002 and New Year and Swimsuit variants)
- Geese Howard ('96, XIV, New Year and Pretty variants)
- Wolfgang Krauser ('96 variant)
- Mr. Big ('96 and Pretty variants)
- Chizuru Kagura ('96, '97, Sakura Festival, and Repressed Demon Fury variants)
- Goenitz ('96 and Mecha variants)
- Yashiro Nanakase ('97, '98, Halloween Party and Pretty variants)
- Shermie ('97, '98, Halloween Party and Baseball variants)
- Chris ('97 and '98 & Halloween Party variants)
- Ryuji Yamazaki ('97 and Dark Society variants)
- Blue Mary ('97, Madness, Valentine, Halloween and Swimsuit variants)
- Shingo Yabuki ('97, '98 and Christmas variants)
- Orochi Iori ('97 variant)
- Orochi Leona ('97 variant)
- Orochi Yashiro ('97 and Fake Conspiracy Company variants)
- Orochi Shermie ('97 variant)
- Orochi Chris ('97 variant)
- Orochi ('97, Fake Advent and SNK Boss Syndrome variants)
- K' ('99, XIII and Summer Vacation variants)
- Maxima ('99 and Pretty variants)
- Whip ('99 and Merry Christmas variants)
- Li Xiangfei ('99 and Halloween variants)
- Jhun Hoon ('99 variant)
- Bao ('99 variant)
- Krizalid ('99 and Boss Syndrome variants)
- Vanessa (2000, Wonderland and Baseball variants)
- Ramon (2000 variant)
- Lin (2000 variant)
- Seth (2000 variant)
- Hinako Shijou (Sakura Festival variant)
- Kula Diamond (2000, Halloween Party, Summer Vacation and Valentine variants)
- Clone Zero (2000 and Pretty variants)
- May Lee Jinju (2001 and Valentine variants)
- Angel (2001, Halloween Party and Summer Vacation variants)
- Zero (2001 and Pretty variants)
- Igniz (2001 variant)
- Nameless (2002 UM variant)
|-|Tales of Ash=
Original & NPCs Characters
Noah (ノア, Noa)
The first individual the main character encounters after a coma. She helps the MC by providing tutorials and tips.
CV: Kana Hanazawa
Ryugo (リューゴ, Ryuugo)
The "PLANNER" of the trio. Sees the MC as a bug in the system and plans to get rid of it.
CV: Tomokazu Sugita
Ein (アイン, Ain)
The "DEBUGGER" of the trio. Sees the MC as a bug in the system and plans to get rid of it.
CV: Saori Hayami
Kaya (カヤ, Kaya)
The "ARTIST" of the trio. Sees the MC as a bug in the system and plans to get rid of it.
CV: Ayane Sakura
- The King of Fighters All Star (Loading Texture Noah).jpg
Noah's Biography (Japanese)
- The King of Fighters All Star - Noah (Loading Screen).png
Noah's Biography (English)
- The King of Fighters All Star (Loading Texture Ryugo).jpg
Ryugo's Biography (Japanese)
- The King of Fighters All Star (Loading Texture Kaya).jpg
Kaya's Biography (Japanese)
- The King of Fighters All Star (Loading Texture Ein).jpg
Ein's Biography (Japanese
|-|Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge=
|-|The Seven Deadly Sins: Dragon's Judgement=
- Welcome to The King of Fighters ALLSTAR
- The King of Fighters ALLSTAR Story Trailer
- The King of Fighters ALLSTAR Cinematic Trailer
SNK Characters Trailers
- Omega Rugal - NOW AVAILABLE in The King of Fighters ALLSTAR!
- Sentai Ranger Clark - NOW AVAILABLE in The King of Fighters ALLSTAR!
- Zero (Original) - NOW AVAILABLE in The King of Fighters ALLSTAR!
- KOF ALLSTAR JHUN HOON TRAILER
- Li Xiangfei - NOW AVAILABLE in The King of Fighters ALLSTAR
- Mr. Big NOW AVAILABLE in The King of Fighters ALLSTAR
- Orochi Shermie - NOW AVAILABLE in The King of Fighters ALLSTAR!
- KOF ALLSTAR NAMELESS FIGHTER TRAILER
- KOF ALL STAR ROCK HOWARD TRAILER
- KOF ALLSTAR ADELHEID TRAILER
- KOF ALL STAR BAO TRAILER
- KOF ALL STAR Terry Bogard KOF 2003 Trailer!
- KOF ALL STAR May Lee Trailer
- KOF ALL STARS VANESSA TRAILER
- KOF ALL STARS SILVYE PAULA PAULA TRAILER
- BattleCard All None Hanami Neighborhood Big.png
- BattleCard All None GintamaXRugal Big.png
- BattleCard All None NestsJunk Big.png
- BattleCard All None Report Big.png
- BattleCard All None JustMomentPeace Big.png
- BattleCard All None HeyItsme Big.png
- BattleCard All None Hanami TeaTime Big.png
- BattleCard All None HeroineOfJustice Big.png
- The King of Fighters All Star is the first game to include all characters with new or recurring voice actors.
- The game is also the first to use 3-D assets rather than sprites in a mobile KOF game.
- It is also the first game to introduce Bandai Namco (Tekken) characters along side with SNK characters (SNK being the home game).
- It also marks the first time both manga/anime series from respective another Shonen companies to fight along side each other. In this case, Gintama from Shueisha/Shonen Jump and Seven Deadly Sins from Kodansha/Shonen Magazine.
- Collaboration-based franchises, except Gintama has the rarest features. Not counting both Game Start and Finish icon designs:
- Samurai Shodown (except Nakoruru):
- Announcer: Provided by Daichi Nakamura (Haohmaru’s current Japanese voice actor) instead of Hiroshi Naka (Kuroko’s Japanese voice actor).
- BGM: Rather than their reused latest BGM from Samurai Shodown (2019), all characters except Amakusa shares two BGMs based on their respective genders.
- Voice Clips: The fighters reuse current achieved voice clips from Tekken 7, rather than also reusing voice clips from Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Capcom-developed crossover fighting game Street Fighter X Tekken (particularly Japanese one).
- BGM: Fighters’ BGM reused from Tekken 7 stages.
- Announcer: Also from Tekken 7.
- Hit Sound: Reuse the current sounds which are heard in Tekken 6 onward.
- Super Move Battle Card: Rage Art (also universal Rage Drive and 10-Hit Combo Supers) on specific still have no official move name(s) for each characters. Although some characters’ official super move name already existed in crossovers featuring playable Tekken characters like Street Fighter X Tekken and Namco X series, yet not used in Tekken 7 nor KOFAS.
- Unique Trait: Rage Mode which first appear in Tekken 6 onward. When health is low.
- Voice Clips: Because the wrestlers are made silent like the current WWE mainline video games, the current commentator, Michael Cole provides commentary voices for the wrestlers’ attacks. This is because due to asking the WWE wrestlers to directly voice themselves would shoot the licensing fee to the stratosphere.
- BGM: Wrestlers reuse their current wrestling BGM themes, while John Cena being given a BGM from his early post-WWE debut incarnation. If they won, their themes will play.
- Announcer: Also by Michael Cole.
- Seven Knights:
- Voice Clips: The warriors reuse achieved voice clips the first game. It has English, Japanese, and Korean languages. However, as overseas uses English voice clips only, while Japanese and Korean voice clips are exclusive to their respective language, there isn’t an option to change the characters’ language voice clips.
- BGM: Like Samurai Shodown warriors, Seven Knights only have 2 BGMs based on their affiliations between Team Light and Darkness.
- Seven Deadly Sins:
- Voice Clips: The warriors reuse the voice clips from its anime series and from its Grand Cross mobile game.
- BGM: All characters only have one BGM.
- Samurai Shodown (except Nakoruru):
- Few SNK cast use pre-existing voice clips from previous installments of each franchises.
- This marks the first KOF game for Wolfgang Krauser to be voiced by a Japanese voice actor.
- The Question Mark on Characters’ Original Team CODEX designates for the characters or/and their variants who have yet to be included in the game will arrive in the future updates, such as 2002 Iori and Kukri, including license issue-based KOF-related SNK characters like Love Heart and K9999.
- Ironically, the variant versions of the characters already in the game, but have yet to be officially included as playable, such as True Rugal (as a Round 2 boss), both '98 Leona and Chizuru (Valentine storyline), and '99 Shingo (John Cena's WWE storyline).
- Official Website
- Official Twitter Account
- "1st Anniversary" Event Page
- "2nd Anniversary" Event Page
- "The King of Fighters: All Star" × "Gintama" Event Page
- "The King of Fighters: All Star" × "Samurai Spirits: Amakusa's Descent" Event Page
- "The King of Fighters: All Star" × "Tekken 7" Event Page
- "The King of Fighters: All Star" × "WWE" Event Page
- "The King of Fighters: All Star" × "Seven Knights" Event Page
- "The King of Fighters: All Star" × "Nanatsu no Taizai: Fundo no Shinpan" Event Page