Template:CharacterInfoboxTemplate:Nihongo is a video game character in The King of Fighters series who is a member of the Orochi Team (temporarily under disguised team name, "New Faces Team" in KOF '97).<ref>https://kofaniv.snk-corp.co.jp/english/history/history.php?num=kof98</ref><ref>https://kofaniv.snk-corp.co.jp/english/history/history.php?num=kof2002</ref> She is one of the Four Heavenly Kings of Orochi who is the dark counterpart to Benimaru Nikaido.
Aside from the main body of the King of Fighters series, Shermie also stars in her own character image album. Her official nickname is Roaring Lightning.<ref name=SNK>SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy Artbook, p.40</ref>
Shermie and her teammates were created to offset the remaining top three characters. <ref name=KOF>Official character page from KOF anniversary website.</ref> It's stated on her KOF 10th anniversary profile that she was based on the character Fujiko Mine from the manga/anime series Lupin the Third. The developer states that the design for Shermie was easily decided on, given that her long bangs never revealed her eyes. They would go onto calling her Tesse from Waku Waku 7 at one time.<ref name=KOF97>Official character profile from KOF anniversary website.</ref>
Shermie is very outgoing and friendly. However, like some people, she has reservations about society at large, as she considers them stupid, when it crosses beyond her interests and profession. She doesn't seem to take battles and fighting too seriously, often dancing around and picking up her cellphone during battle. Shermie blows a kiss towards her opponent before the battle begins. She only seems to do this when fighting against a male character that she finds attractive. She seems to dislike noisy people, as seen in her special intro with Brian Battler in KOF '98 UM. Shermie has an affinity for hamsters, and owns two of them as pets, a male and female pair named Template:Nihongo and Template:Nihongo.
Her long bangs makes it difficult to see her eyes but underneath them lies a glare with strong murderous intent.<ref name=KOF97/> Even though she considers human society stupid, it's been noted that she enjoys her lifestyle working as a fashion designer. <ref>Gamest Mook Vol. 117: The King Of Fighters Perfect Art Collection. page 269</ref>
In her other (mostly non-canonical) appearances, she seems to be aware of her own Orochi heritage, which sometimes reflects in her quotes. However, while she's clearly not antagonistic as with her Orochi form, she can be just as murderous, manipulative and ruthless if provoked, especially if faced with particular foes, most notably perverted men like Kukri, and to a lesser extent, Brian.
- Ignore Weight - She can grab and throw anyone in spite of their weight.
- Elektrokinesis - Even while in her base form, Shermie can still project half of her Orochi lightning element in few of her move sets. This power is used in The King of Fighters 2002, The King of Fighters Neowave and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum.
|-|Fighting Style= When not using her Orochi powers, Shermie relies on grappling as her combat style. She is also quite agile and some of her moves represent gymnastics. She performs a variety of body slams, most involving acrobatic moves, some counter throws and a few face-sitting throws. Her grappling gameplay is further improved in KOF '98 and further expanded in KOF 2002. She seems to be based on Joshi Puroresu, that being female Japanese professional wrestling. She uses the Diamond Dust move, which is popular in Japan and her bridging German suplexes, specially her Shermie Flash resemble the way joshi wrestlers execute the move. The SDM version of the Shermie Flash has her hold her enemies and trying to count to three, if she is successful, the enemy will lose all of their health. This is a nod to the bridging German suplex in wrestling, as it consists in the wrestler execute the move and holding the opponent with his/her shoulders touching the mat. The referee will count to three, and if the opponent does not kick out of the bridge, the match will be finished and the attacker will be the winner. Shermie's new command move for King of Fighters '02, "Baku New Suplex", is a play on the Japanese slang "bakunyuu", which can be used to imply that a woman has large breasts.
In Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, Shermie uses a few of her Orochi power. </tabber>
- Bloody - The King of Fighters 97, 98/UM, R-1, R-2 and 2002
- Re:Bloody - The King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
- Fanatic Waltz ~SNK Heroines Edit~ - SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy
- Resonant Objects - The King of Fighters XV
- The Song of Fighters II - Shared image song with other King of Fighters characters
- Believe - NEO-GEO DJ Station 2
- Hazuki Nishikawa - The King of Fighters '97 ~ 2002 UM, Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
- Erina Seto - The King of Fighters: World ~ present, SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy
- The King of Fighters '97
- The King of Fighters '98
- The King of Fighters R-1
- The King of Fighters R-2
- The King of Fighters '98: Ultimate Match
- SNK Gals' Fighters
- The King of Fighters 2000 - As a Striker for Clark
- The King of Fighters 2002
- The King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match
- The King of Fighters Neowave
- Neo Geo Battle Coliseum
- The King of Fighters: Kyo
- CR The King of Fighters
- SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy
- The King of Fighters XV
- Days of Memories (second and fifth title) - unplayable
- SNK Beach Volley Gal's Attack
- KOF Gals Mahjong
- SNK Gals Island Jintori Puzzle Miseteagemasu
- SNK Gals Island Techu Typing Omigotodesu
- SNK Gals Island Beauty Dungeon Mimi to Kimashita!
- SNK Girls Island Beauty Dungeon Bibitto kimashita!
- Tower of Saviors
- Kimi wa Hero
- Puzzle & Dragons
- The King of Fighters: World
- The King of Fighters All Star
- The King of Fighters Destiny (Game)
- The King of Fighters: Orochi Go
- Freestyle 2
- SNK vs. Capcom: The Match of the Millennium - compatibility warning when cartridge is inserted into a monochrome Neo Geo Pocket.
- The King of Fighters 2003 - in the edit team's ending
- The King of Fighters XIII - in the France stage
- KOF: Maximum Impact 2 - background cameo
- The King of Fighters '94: Rebout - background cameo in the Art of Fighting Team and Women Fighters Team stages
- The King of Fighters (pachinko)
- The King of Fighters 2
- Shermie's outfit in battle was designed by herself, being a fashion designer by profession.<ref name=SNK/>
- In Neo-Geo Freak 1998, the characters in KOF '98 have their own interviews. Here are Shermie's response to the questions.<ref>Neo Geo Freak 1998-08 archive The King of Fighters '98 character interviews.</ref>
- What is your aspiration in this competition? - "Like a power shutter (everyone killed) - like!"
- Who would you like to fight the most? - "Monsieur Nikaido."
- Who would you like to team up with? / Who would you not like to team up with? - "Wouldn't it be good if it were a team centered on breaking. Oh, I like throwing. Then Clark Still, Goro Daimon."
- What is "KOF" for you? - "You can't do it again, right? It's more fun than video games in that regard."
- Finally, please give a word to your fans. - "There are unexpected bonuses for those who came … please wait, Mon Chéri!"
- Shermie and Angel are both tied with having the largest bust measurement of all of The King of Fighter females fighters (both clocking in at 92 cm).
- In Neo Geo Freak's August 1998 issue, she was ranked as the 4th best character.<ref>Neo Geo Freak 1998-08 archive Neo Geo Freak 10 best character set original image collection.</ref>
- In SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy, during an interaction with Kula Diamond, Shermie breaks the fourth wall by mentioning that the last time they've met was in 2002, to which Kula is confused by her claim.
SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters' Clash SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters' Clash 2 Expand EditionSNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters DS 110px 110px 110px KOF98UM OL KOF98UM OL Kimi Wa Hero Kimi wa Hero KOF All Star KOF All Star KOF All Star KOF All Star KOF All Star KOF All Star
The King of Fighters 98 Artwork
The King of Fighters 2000 artwork
- Shermie pachinko.jpg
Shermie in the first KOF pachinko
- Shermie beachattack.jpg
Shermie in SNK Beach Volley Gal's Attack
SNK Gals Island Techu Typing Omigotodesu
- Snkcharasound shermie.jpg
Character image album cover