Template:CharacterInfoboxCharlotte Christine de Colde (シャルロット＝クリスティーヌ＝ド＝コルデ, Sharurotto Kurisutīnu do Korude), better known as Charlotte, is a recurring character of the Samurai Shodown series, who was introduced in Samurai Shodown. She was dropped from the series after Samurai Shodown II but, like Tam Tam and Jubei Yagyu, she returns in Samurai Shodown IV. Her physical design is based on Oscar François de Jarjayes from the manga The Rose of Versailles; her name is actually a distortion of the Japanese phonetic interpretation of Charlotte Corday.
She is a minor French noble who prefers the company of commoners. Whilst on her travels through the French countryside, she caught word of a "series of calamities" with no natural pretenses. She leaves her home to investigate and ends up traveling to Japan in order to do battle with Amakusa who is the source of the evil plaguing her home country. Afterwards, she returns home to take part in the French Revolution. In Samurai Shodown II, she finds Ambrosia to be the further source of the malice occurring around the world and journeys again to defeat the deity. At this time, she admired Haohmaru greatly but ends her affections when she sees his lover, Oshizu. She returns to Japan for similar reasons in her other appearances.
In Sen, she learns that someone powerful is supporting the royalist faction. Charlotte, a loyal member of the civil army, decides to inspect the source in Japan. After she left the care of the reformation to her comrades, she attended a bull fighting event while traveling through Europe. By this time, one of Golba's assassins had caught up with her, attempting to take her life. Her actions spark the interest of the torero Kirian.
She is a proud woman, perceived to be a bit manly from those of her home country as she talks in the same manner as a soldier. Though harsh and boastful during fights, Charlotte is a gentle and generous wanderer who truly loves her countrymen. She generally avoids womanly attire though she will dress in it if the occasion calls for it.
- Multiple Attacks - Charlotte can deliver several slashes at once.
- Energy Projectile - Charlotte can fire a triangular projectile of energy.
- Sense - Charlotte can sense the presence of people nearby.
- Energy Attacks - Charlotte can put energy in her blade.
Common with most fencers, most of her slashing attacks revolve around stabbing from a distance, avoiding body contact as much as possible. Her most powerful strike is a three-point slash, forming a triangle when completely drawn. It is powerful in the sense not only does it inflict remarkable damage, but it allows for unexpected and blind crossups while jumping and as jump-in attacks, it also has range that can provide some anti-air protection and quick enough to counter most attacks in frame traps. Her standing kicks hop her across a short distance and is capable of avoiding some low ground attacks. When first introduced, her move set only consisted of Splash Front -a button mashing move which traveled her forward- and Power Gradation - a perfectly vertical anti-air attack. Her next appearance in Samurai Shodown II granted her access to Tri-Slash, a chargable projectile. In her Bust form in Samurai Shodown IV, she gains access to Violet Thrust and a new super attack called Chrysanthemum. In V and beyond, her Bust skillset is integrated into her normal gameplay, unlike other characters whose Bust movesets became basis for new characters.
- Foreign Woman - Samurai Shodown
- Foreign Woman - Continued - Samurai Shodown II
- Foreign Woman - Original - Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits Bushidō Retsuden
- Continuation of the Woman From Far Away - Samurai Shodown IV
- French Lady - Samurai Shodown (2019)
- Harumi Ikoma - Samurai Shodown~Samurai Shodown V Special
- Mayumi Shindou - Samurai Shodown VI
- Afumi Hashi - Samurai Shodown (2019), The King of Fighters: All Star
- Sakiko Tamagawa - Samurai Shodown: The Motion Picture
- Tiffany Grant - Samurai Shodown: The Motion Picture (English voice)
- Yumi Nakatani - Samurai Shodown Dengeki drama CD series
- Yumi Tōma - Samurai Shodown Dengeki drama CD series (part 3)
- Samurai Shodown
- Samurai Shodown II
- Shinsetsu Samurai Spirits: Bushidou Retsuden
- Samurai Shodown IV
- Samurai Shodown!
- Samurai Shodown! 2
- Samurai Shodown V
- Samurai Shodown V Special
- Samurai Shodown V Perfect
- Samurai Shodown VI
- Samurai Shodown Sen
- Samurai Spirits ~Kengou Hachi-ban Shoubu~
- Samurai Shodown (2019) (also in Retro 3D graphics)
- Samurai Spirits - Makai Rineki
- The SAMURAI Kingdom
- SNK High School Collection
- Kimi wa Hero
- Samurai Shodown Tenkadaiichi Kenkakuden
- The King of Fighters: All Star
- Puzzle & Dragons
- Honor of Kings
- Samurai Shodown III - in the staff roll; cosplays as Zankuro
- Samurai Shodown 64 - in the San Francisco stage
- Days of Memories (third title) - in-text cameo
- Samurai Spirits Gaiden: Cham Cham
- Samurai Spirits Oni
- The King of Fighters XIII - in the Burnt Remains stage
- Soulcalibur VI - indirectly mentioned by Haohmaru while taunting Raphael or Amy Sorel
- Her nickname with the development team for SS II is "Charuko" (シャル子).
- When asked "The path of the sword is?", Charlotte's response is "Winning a complete victory without getting hurt."<ref name=SamSho>Official character profile from Samurai Shodown anniversary website.</ref>
- Her favourite type of mate is "A person who has both intellectual and martial strength."<ref name=SamSho>Official character profile from Samurai Shodown anniversary website.</ref>
- Her first crush was an educated man who was excellent in his studies as well as his fencing skills. After she shared a dance with him at Versailles Place in her teenage years, he succumbed to illness and died.
- In the 2019 Samurai Shodown game, her voice now includes hints of Japanese, unlike before where spoke mostly French and English.
SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters' Clash SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters' Clash 2 Expand EditionSNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters DS File:SVC Card Charlotte.png 110px 110px Kimi Wa Hero KOF All Star KOF All Star
Samurai Shodown! 2 Shinsetsu Samurai Supirittsu: Bushidō Retsuden Samurai Shodown Samurai Shodown II Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge Samurai Shodown II (Doll Transformation) Samurai Shodown VI (Doll Transformation)
Samurai Shodown artwork.
Samurai Shodown IV artwork.
Samurai Shodown VI artwork.
Samurai Shodown III cameo.
Charlotte in Samurai Shodown V Special