The Ki Atsushi/LWK Trump Supporter Topic

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I know you say that you're not either a Dem or a Rep...but somehow, your words speak loudly contrary to that. I've read much of what you've typed over the years and I'd say you lean more than you think.

As for me? The answer is simple I choose what I see to be the lesser of two evils. I look at the overall picture and think to myself "what things will these people pass that really will effect me?" Does that make me a selfish prick? Maybe...then again, I don't care and I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm no humanitarian, and I'll openly admit to it.

I look at what these parties claim they want to ban/regulate, then I look at what they historically ban/regulate. I look at where they want power to go, how they give out funds, why they help, and who they ignore. I try to see what side will do best by me, not by you, or my neighbor, or someone else I've ever met. Everything I do on a daily basis is in the realm of how it will effect myself and my family. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'll say that there is a large amount of ground both the L and the R share...far larger than most admit.

In the end, I often vote Republican...not always, but often. I'll never say that I agree with anyone 100%...as a matter of fact, I've long said I really do not care for anyone in national politics (or state politics for that matter). the problem is, I only get to choose one or the othe

Lastly...the transgender issue. I'm a coward, I won't deny it. I do not have the courage to "come out" to a vast majority of people in my life. Truth be told, I regret bringing it up here. This place, at times, skims too closely to my "real" life and in many ways, that truth would ruin me...possibly even my career. Bringing it up here was a huge mistake. I had a few good discussions but for the most part, it's been thrown in my face like some sort of weapon (not saying you did that, because you didn't).

I'm not so foolish to think that Trump, or Clinton, or Obama, or Bush, or whomever is in the White House is going to effect the reality of trans people. That kind of change takes social conditioning, not laws.

Was that really necessary?

Bravo for an honest answer.

I'm still going to disagree with you on things surrounding this for no reason other than I don't like people acting for purely selfish ends, whether they are aware of it or not (the only difference being people who aren't self aware are even more frustrating to talk to).

What your attitude represents is a race to the bottom, in my opinion. None of the things you complain about so vocally here will ever get better if people make a conscious decision to only look out for themselves. Anything that does improve will be in spite of you.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
I know you say that you're not either a Dem or a Rep...but somehow, your words speak loudly contrary to that. I've read much of what you've typed over the years and I'd say you lean more than you think.

As for me? The answer is simple I choose what I see to be the lesser of two evils. I look at the overall picture and think to myself "what things will these people pass that really will effect me?" Does that make me a selfish prick? Maybe...then again, I don't care and I'm not afraid to admit it. I'm no humanitarian, and I'll openly admit to it.

I look at what these parties claim they want to ban/regulate, then I look at what they historically ban/regulate. I look at where they want power to go, how they give out funds, why they help, and who they ignore. I try to see what side will do best by me, not by you, or my neighbor, or someone else I've ever met. Everything I do on a daily basis is in the realm of how it will effect myself and my family. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'll say that there is a large amount of ground both the L and the R share...far larger than most admit.

In the end, I often vote Republican...not always, but often. I'll never say that I agree with anyone 100%...as a matter of fact, I've long said I really do not care for anyone in national politics (or state politics for that matter). the problem is, I only get to choose one or the othe

Lastly...the transgender issue. I'm a coward, I won't deny it. I do not have the courage to "come out" to a vast majority of people in my life. Truth be told, I regret bringing it up here. This place, at times, skims too closely to my "real" life and in many ways, that truth would ruin me...possibly even my career. Bringing it up here was a huge mistake. I had a few good discussions but for the most part, it's been thrown in my face like some sort of weapon (not saying you did that, because you didn't).

I'm not so foolish to think that Trump, or Clinton, or Obama, or Bush, or whomever is in the White House is going to effect the reality of trans people. That kind of change takes social conditioning, not laws.

Sure I lean, but here's the thing, I recognize I lean and will make decisions counter to the direction I tend to lean in because I know what my inherent biases are. Am I always successful? Absolutely not. I can tell you without hesitation I identified as a Republican long ago when I first joined the site. That was over 16 years ago now. I started having a massive shift in a lot of my views on that front because I started reading a lot of other viewpoints and had no qualms about challenging myself to see other viewpoints. In particular the last couple of years, a lot of circumstances in my life changed, and a lot of that shattered a number of preconceived notions I had for a long time. If you read my views on politics on this site long ago (before when you joined) you'd see they're probably vastly different from I am typing now. In spite of identifying as a Republican, I never pulled the lever for a single Republican in my life. I also have never pulled the lever for a Democrat. I look at it in these terms: both parties want you to believe there are only two choices in every political election. This is not true. You always have a choice. My choice was not to vote for either party unless I knew my vote solely determine the outcome of the election, in which case I would vote for whomever I thought was the best qualified candidate based upon all available information.

At the core of it all, I believe in striving for personal growth. But part of personal growth --that often never is talked about-- is recognizing that it's not all about just you. Certainly you have to make decisions based on your personal benefit and well-being, but at the same time you have to understand that taking that route is what can lead to problems for the group as a whole. It's the whole game theory/prisoner's dilemma model at play in the real world. Human nature has an inherent selfishness that we're all going to be guilty of...which leads us into the heart of the matter. The 2016 election at its core was representative of how selfish interest of voters, led to an outcome that while will be good for various individuals, was not a beneficial outcome for the group as a whole. One candidate exploited the inherent selfishness of people by selling them on the idea that the outcome would in turn lead down a path to a world that was representative of a time and place that never really existed anywhere but in the minds of the creators of 1950s TV shows, or Happy Days.

You said you made a decision on what you personally thought was best for yourself as well as your family, as was the case with Tonk. I certainly understand the given situation and thought processing involved in each decision. But I would also add that considering the long-term implications of such a decision is what few took into account. Everyone was so obsessed with the short-term benefits they believed to come from the election of the Republican candidate, that they forgot to consider long-term ramifications of a decision. It's the same issue with a lot of other problems in this country - people want short-term solutions or as I term them, "light switch solutions" that can easily be implemented with no pain. Reality is much different from this as a number of issues in this country require long-term solutions that cannot be achieved overnight, even though our President sold 60 million on the idea such a thing was possible. Congrats on voting for a person who represents the short-term I guess.

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
If anyone wants to know what our approaching future holds regardless of who's in office, watch the Black Mirror episodes "The national anthem" "the entire history of you" "men against fire" and
"15 million merits" in that exact order.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Speaking of light switches I guess they've been having meetings in the dark because nobody can find the light switch or how it works in the cabinet room.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/us/politics/trump-white-house-aides-strategy.html
https://www.google.com/#q=trump+light+switch

I guess Trump didn't read his executive order putting Bannon on the security counsel, Bannon just took the initiative himself.

Hey Smokehouse were you ever in the military?
I thought I remembered you saying you were, but then I noticed it as absent when you posted up your resumes here.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Speaking of light switches I guess they've been having meetings in the dark because nobody can find the light switch or how it works in the cabinet room.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/us/politics/trump-white-house-aides-strategy.html
https://www.google.com/#q=trump+light+switch

I guess Trump didn't read his executive order putting Bannon on the security counsel, Bannon just took the initiative himself.

Hey Smokehouse were you ever in the military?
I thought I remembered you saying you were, but then I noticed it as absent when you posted up your resumes here.

I posted my resume? I don't recall doing that.

Yes, I was in the Army, nothing glorious, construction equip maint.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
Just curious and I won't mention the issue again, but, when did you "come out" on the forums? I wasn't aware of this until last month. Until then, I thought of you as a manly man with manual labor skills, etc.

Also, I think it's pretty clear that we're in the midst of an attempt (emphasis on "attempt") at social conditioning. Fake news, "alternative fact", blatant lies coming out of the press secretary and the president... They're blurring the lines between truth and fiction, and are hoping to condition the public into thinking more conservatively (e.g., find umbrage in immigrants, minorities, non-heterosexuals, humanitarians, environmentalists, etc.).
Gender identity is quite fluid. People who are staunch in theirs, the cisgendered are actually more the minority I'd imagine. One can feel masculine and feminine. Strong and subtle. And sometimes a person doesn't feel the need to completely align with the physicality of one gender or another. Biologically we are assigned a gender before birth. Mentally that can change with the tides and our emotions. Most people can be as nurturing and caring as a mother with her kids. And as demanding and stern as a general over his troops. But even then the words have certain engendered qualities. That make them feel more masculine or feminine. We aren't defined as one or the other. But often walk the line between both. What we feel our outward appearance should be is a personal decision that we all go through whether we notice or not.

Smoke is in a tough situation. He's got a wife, kids, and a career. And all of these things in one corner of life heap the idea of being a penis toting, masculine, man. But if that isn't what someone identifies with. It's a dark place their mind ends up. I feel bad for smoke. Happiness is for everyone. Achieving it is sometimes the hardest thing in life. There is beauty in all things and love in all people. Sadness doesn't need to be something that defines this moment in your life. All politics aside. The day you do it, the day you say something will be one of the hardest, and most relieving days of your life. And I wish you the best of luck. Yours is not an easy struggle, nor one I'd wish to undertake alone. But despite the trolls and troglodytes here. A lot of us here would gladly listen. Despite the fact that we voted for opposing candidates.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I posted my resume? I don't recall doing that.

Yes, I was in the Army, nothing glorious, construction equip maint.

Ok because I remember you saying you didn't need no college and besides you and your family were too poor.
You could have used the GI Bill if you really wanted go.

Edit; Just saying no need to paint yourself as a victim, you didn't want to further your education and you've done alright for yourself and your family. If you really wanted to though you could've figured out a way.

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member

Do you support stronger welfare programs? Do you support cutting taxes on yourself?

(Interestingly, I usually see this presented as an argument against welfare - in other words, "liberals just vote to give themselves money". )

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Blue Collar white men in flyover country have been voting republican for going on 40 years. And we see how that is working out for them.

Last edited:

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Ok because I remember you saying you didn't need no college and besides you and your family were too poor.
You could have used the GI Bill if you really wanted go.

Edit; Just saying no need to paint yourself as a victim, you didn't want to further your education and you've done alright for yourself and your family. If you really wanted to though you could've figured out a way.

No, actually, I couldn't. I didn't get the GI Bill...

What I did get was a 1972 Maverick, which I was living out of in late 1996. I was forced to get a job so I could put a roof over my head. When you're homeless, and 19...college is a bit off the radar.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
My folks had a 72 Maverick, hated that car.

I hear ya, I lived in a 78 Cougar when I was 17 for a few days.
Luckily I had a good job and had enough money to live in a motel for a bit.
Found an apartment.

Marek

Banned

Dude this is some of the most pathetic shit I've ever read in all my time here. Straight up.

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
There is no correct way to use that word and spelling it wrong isn't an issue because, even if it's a word, it's an awful and redundant stupid word.

You can ask newly minted Attorney General Jeff Sessions to prosecute me for it bud.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Dude this is some of the most pathetic shit I've ever read in all my time here. Straight up.

I wasn't going to reply to much of this...and I really did not want to further derail the conversation...but I thought I'd reply to you.

You can view it that way...and I'll admit I wasn't in the best mood when I typed that yesterday. But. I don't look at what I said in a negative way.

I have an obligation to a few people in my life. My wife, my daughter, my few close friends. I live my life to do my best to make sure they have the best life they can have. These people are my family, not yours, not others. A vast majority of my life, I do what I am supposed to do to serve these people that serve me. I do not have an obligation to the family down the street, or across the state, or across the world.

Who I vote for, what I say, the actions I take...I try my best to do what will help those that I am tied to. Not you, not someone else. If this is harsh...so be it, but at least I'm telling the truth.

Lastly, the transgender issue. I do what I do because I feel it is the best for my family and the best for my life. My wife wants a husband, my daughter needs a father. My job would not tolerate my "transitioning". It is reality. I am what I am, and I've chosen this path because I feel this is not only what will make me the happiest, but more importantly, what will make those in my life the happiest. I am happy being a husband, I'm happy being a father. My mind pulls me and at time tears at me...this is just a reality of a transgender mind. In the end though, selfishly dumping my life in a pursuit that may or make my life better...but definitely would harshly impact everyone I care about.

On a related note, discrimination from within my supposed "group" sickens me. The whole "well, you haven't taken my path, so you aren't what you claim to be." approach is a horrible way to be towards someone. It is typical though...discrimination from within minority groups is typical and rampant, I guess I should expect no less. I have chosen to be what I am...it's sad that some feel the need to invalidate me because I don't act like they choose to act.

My being transgender is only one part of me, and an even smaller part of my life. When someone asks me "how could you possibly vote for Trump when you claim to be transgender", my answer is simple; I cannot let a single thing sway my entire vote, I have to take everything into consideration. Every part of my life, weighed out and measured in order of impact and importance. After it is all sorted, I'll make my choice.

So...call it pathetic, call it whatever you like. I try my hardest to make every major choice in my life based on what it the best for my family, not just myself and definitely not some other family that I have nothing to do with.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I wasn't going to reply to much of this...and I really did not want to further derail the conversation...but I thought I'd reply to you.

You can view it that way...and I'll admit I wasn't in the best mood when I typed that yesterday. But. I don't look at what I said in a negative way.

I have an obligation to a few people in my life. My wife, my daughter, my few close friends. I live my life to do my best to make sure they have the best life they can have. These people are my family, not yours, not others. A vast majority of my life, I do what I am supposed to do to serve these people that serve me. I do not have an obligation to the family down the street, or across the state, or across the world.

Who I vote for, what I say, the actions I take...I try my best to do what will help those that I am tied to. Not you, not someone else. If this is harsh...so be it, but at least I'm telling the truth.

Lastly, the transgender issue. I do what I do because I feel it is the best for my family and the best for my life. My wife wants a husband, my daughter needs a father. My job would not tolerate my "transitioning". It is reality. I am what I am, and I've chosen this path because I feel this is not only what will make me the happiest, but more importantly, what will make those in my life the happiest. I am happy being a husband, I'm happy being a father. My mind pulls me and at time tears at me...this is just a reality of a transgender mind. In the end though, selfishly dumping my life in a pursuit that may or make my life better...but definitely would harshly impact everyone I care about.

On a related note, discrimination from within my supposed "group" sickens me. The whole "well, you haven't taken my path, so you aren't what you claim to be." approach is a horrible way to be towards someone. It is typical though...discrimination from within minority groups is typical and rampant, I guess I should expect no less. I have chosen to be what I am...it's sad that some feel the need to invalidate me because I don't act like they choose to act.

My being transgender is only one part of me, and an even smaller part of my life. When someone asks me "how could you possibly vote for Trump when you claim to be transgender", my answer is simple; I cannot let a single thing sway my entire vote, I have to take everything into consideration. Every part of my life, weighed out and measured in order of impact and importance. After it is all sorted, I'll make my choice.

So...call it pathetic, call it whatever you like. I try my hardest to make every major choice in my life based on what it the best for my family, not just myself and definitely not some other family that I have nothing to do with.

Sit your daughter down and tell her how you voted for a guy who hung out with Jeff Epstein, infact even flew Epstein's pedophile air, and that him raping little girls is okay. Tell her that when she meets a rich guy, or even a guy who is financially suffocating under mountains of debt, but appears new-rich, she should let him touch her inappropriately.

I mean, you have a duty to your wife and daughter, that's why you voted for a rapist, pedophile, misoginistic, sexist, bankrupt, fucking, loser, with a combover.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Sit your daughter down and tell her how you voted for a guy who hung out with Jeff Epstein, infact even flew Epstein's pedophile air, and that him raping little girls is okay. Tell her that when she meets a rich guy, or even a guy who is financially suffocating under mountains of debt, but appears new-rich, she should let him touch her inappropriately.

I mean, you have a duty to your wife and daughter, that's why you voted for a rapist, pedophile, misoginistic, sexist, bankrupt, fucking, loser, with a combover.

My daughter is 8. We talk about her simple multiplication time tables, My Little Pony, Sullivan P Cat, and out mutual love for Pee Wee's Playhouse.

Last edited: