Rittenhouse Trial

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
It's not even about shooting to kill. It's about shooting to hit. If you've never fired guns, you have no idea how much you don't know. You have this magical idea based on movies that has no relation to reality.
I was going to say Videogames instead of movies but the point is the same honestly.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
It's not even about shooting to kill. It's about shooting to hit. If you've never fired guns, you have no idea how much you don't know. You have this magical idea based on movies that has no relation to reality.
It’s not like we don’t have guns here. People have guns and the use them at shooting ranges or hunting parties. Nobody says we hate guns. First time I shot a hunting rifle I was 10 years old. Some dude at a New Year’s Eve party came up to me and said: “You looked bored wanna go shoot some lampposts?” We timed it right that every time fireworks went of we would take out a lamp. To this day I have no idea who that guy was. I told my parents and they weren’t even mad.
Why I am telling this ? Just to show you that we have guns here.

One of the few active shooters we had here in Belgium, was taken out by a street cop who was enjoying his lunch. He shot the guy in the belly. The guy lived. He stood trial and now he is serving a life time in prison. The cop later told the news that it was his first time outside the shooting range that he had to draw his weapon. But they are trained to not shoot to kill. They are cops not killers.

Now I know you live in a different country where different rules apply. But the fact is that Kyle was a minor who shot to kill. Maybe he only trained to kill. In my mind he should serve a lifetime in prison. Also the situation was badly handed by the police. In Europe no way he would have entered the protests. He would have been picked of the streets before he got there.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
There is a reason why you shoot to kill. Shooting at the legs or stomach does not guarantee the attacker will stop. It could end up just being a flesh wound or you could completely miss. You aim at the Chest Region because it's the biggest target to hit and higher percentage of taking down your target. Cops here in the States who hesitate or go for the legs sometimes end up dead. I'm glad your shooting experience was shooting a stationary object and not a mob of people running at you from different angles. Shooting at stationary lamp posts is so much more stressful.

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
I feel like this whole thing is a textbook example of "Play a stupid game - Win a stupid prize" I've not seen all the evidence so I can't really make a knowledgable judgement. With that being said, I feel like everyone involved was in fault to some degree.

Also, the way things are getting to be, I wouldn't be too surprised if someone shoots the kid.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I feel like this whole thing is a textbook example of "Play a stupid game - Win a stupid prize" I've not seen all the evidence so I can't really make a knowledgable judgement. With that being said, I feel like everyone involved was in fault to some degree.

Also, the way things are getting to be, I wouldn't be too surprised if someone shoots the kid.

The best he can probably do is say goodbye to his existing life, go underground for a while, change his name and try to start over somewhere else.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
There is a reason why you shoot to kill. Shooting at the legs or stomach does not guarantee the attacker will stop. It could end up just being a flesh wound or you could completely miss. You aim at the Chest Region because it's the biggest target to hit and higher percentage of taking down your target. Cops here in the States who hesitate or go for the legs sometimes end up dead. I'm glad your shooting experience was shooting a stationary object and not a mob of people running at you from different angles. Shooting at stationary lamp posts is so much more stressful.

You can still be gravely injured or killed by a wounded/bleeding out assailant.
If it's come to that point you press until the threat is gone, not knocked over.
Your best bet is always to remove yourself form the situation if possible but recognize when you can't.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The fact that STK had to post about the inanity of “shooting to wound” shows how completely out of touch of reality such an idea is.

The reality is that you are going to die getting shot anywhere due to blood loss if you do not receive medical attention, particularly within the hour. Assuming you aren’t killed outright due to irreparable essential organ failure.

Firearms aren’t something to be fucked around with.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
It’s not like we don’t have guns here. People have guns and the use them at shooting ranges or hunting parties. Nobody says we hate guns. First time I shot a hunting rifle I was 10 years old. Some dude at a New Year’s Eve party came up to me and said: “You looked bored wanna go shoot some lampposts?” We timed it right that every time fireworks went of we would take out a lamp. To this day I have no idea who that guy was. I told my parents and they weren’t even mad.

One of the few active shooters we had here in Belgium, was taken out by a street cop who was enjoying his lunch. He shot the guy in the belly. The guy lived. He stood trial and now he is serving a life time in prison. The cop later told the news that it was his first time outside the shooting range that he had to draw his weapon. But they are trained to not shoot to kill. They are cops not killers.

Now I know you live in a different country where different rules apply. But the fact is that Kyle was a minor who shot to kill. Maybe he only trained to kill. In my mind he should serve a lifetime in prison. Also the situation was badly handed by the police. In Europe no way he would have entered the protests. He would have been picked of the streets before he got there.
Cop was on his lunch and possibly had the proper timing to aim.
The kid was getting jumped, (yes he is a doofus for being there) but the only people killed were the morons who attacked him. And he was able to shoot the bicep of a guy who thought he was John Wick and pulled a gun on Kyle while already seeing the rifle pointed at him.
Heat of the moment is a big difference vs having your lunch and seeing the events happen, then reacting.

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
WTF did I just look at. Anyhow, the original version of this is one of the best scenes in the movie. Second only to the death of Dick Jones

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Sorry, but you're a moron on this point. You people in no-gun countries have hilarious ideas of the difficulty level of aiming under pressure that comes from watching too much tv and movies and buying into it like a dummy. You might as well suggest he should have shot the gun out of the other guy's hand or shot the hats off the heads of 6 onlookers to intimidate the rest into not attacking. Maybe shoot a mosquito out of the air. Fucking fantasyland.

Not to mention he was in the middle of a mob. By not going for center mass, not only could he have missed the person attacking him, he easily could have hit someone behind them who wasn't attacking him.

If Rittenhouse had died there I would shed no tears, but let's be realistic about what his options were once his dumbass put himself in such a stupid position.
All good points, but I find the idea of an American lecturing others about how guns work hilarious all the same. It's not something we should be acting superior about.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Sorry, but you're a moron on this point. You people in no-gun countries have hilarious ideas of the difficulty level of aiming under pressure that comes from watching too much tv and movies and buying into it like a dummy. You might as well suggest he should have shot the gun out of the other guy's hand or shot the hats off the heads of 6 onlookers to intimidate the rest into not attacking. Maybe shoot a mosquito out of the air. Fucking fantasyland.

Not to mention he was in the middle of a mob. By not going for center mass, not only could he have missed the person attacking him, he easily could have hit someone behind them who wasn't attacking him.

If Rittenhouse had died there I would shed no tears, but let's be realistic about what his options were once his dumbass put himself in such a stupid position.
It was though, that's how it happened.
He shot the first person FOUR times,
The first bullet went into his hip and shattering his pelvis bone rendering him useless.
The fourth bullet was in his back as he lay on the ground or almost completely on the ground laying flat.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It was though, that's how it happened.
He shot the first person FOUR times,
The first bullet went into his hip and shattering his pelvis bone rendering him useless.
The fourth bullet was in his back as he lay on the ground or almost completely on the ground laying flat.

Take a look at how many times the police shoot a suspect and then get back to us.

Four shots at a single target is frankly, restrained compared to the police.

The police who have “training” and can be “trusted” to use firearms.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
All good points, but I find the idea of an American lecturing others about how guns work hilarious all the same.
Sorry, but that's kind of how life works. The people with actual life experience get to lecture those with none. You're acting like I'm proud of it or something. I'd love if all the guns and shooting was happening where you are instead of where I was born.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
That's terrible, do people fire guns out the window while driving to work or something?
Nah it's just the reality of some places people live in. There is a general callous disregard for human life.

skateonwalls

I love sexy knickers!,
20 Year Member

He should of not of been there. If he was attacked, why can't he shoot in self defense. What if the same cop in that case,had 3 people attack him. He probably deserve some prison time. It seems like it was self defense ,why should a 17 yo go to jail for life.

Also the kid could not just hand cuff the guy.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Well, thank God for the Arbery verdict.

It takes some of the sting out of wasabi getting demodded.