News from SPAAAAACE!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
giphy.gif

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Launch scrubbed, changed to a wet dress rehearsal.
Yeah just picked up on that. They're all so super enthusiastic about it you almost wouldn't know.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Starship looked like a firecracker went flying. Also we had a solar eclipse recently...
ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
What does it look like to you.

Joe

What does it look like to (be) you, Joe.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
So... Black holes are the universe's puckered bung hole. Makes sense, I guess.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Coverage on NASA TV of Intuitive Machines-1 ("Odysseus") lunar lander a 'private' lander project begins at 5pm for an expected landing at 6:24pm.

lithy

20 Year Member
A bit anticlimactic, I thought there was supposed to be some external camera that could show something on descent, not sure if I misheard or if something happened, then it took a minute for them to establish comms after landing, but they're saying they've landed just need to establish a better signal with the lander. Success.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
A bit anticlimactic, I thought there was supposed to be some external camera that could show something on descent, not sure if I misheard or if something happened, then it took a minute for them to establish comms after landing, but they're saying they've landed just need to establish a better signal with the lander. Success.
They need to land a cameraprobe to film all the landings.

lithy

20 Year Member
Latest info is that it tipped over on landing with two antennas pointed at the ground which is why they had such a tough time confirming the initial landing.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Need to stop fucking around with landing these paper planes and start landing proper craft up there, hell maybe it'd be easier.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Looks like it's got power and the side facing up has most of the equipment for taking readings and pictures and solar panels and stuff. The side facing down apparently has an art project so I guess we might miss out on that boo hoo... Regardless it seems that the part of the moon it intentionally landed on is going to be in lunar night away from the sun with extreme cold temps within a week or so and the lander is only expected to keep functioning for the next 10 or so days in the best case. There is no expectation that it will be in working condition after coming out of the lunar night due to the extreme temps so hopefully we see some interesting stuff happening soon.

Last edited:

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
Latest info is that it tipped over on landing with two antennas pointed at the ground which is why they had such a tough time confirming the initial landing.
Yeah the stock tank 30% after the news release what a fking gongshow …