Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Leprechaun vs. Madea would be amazing and I keep hearing good things about the Leprechaun In The Hood movies, I should watch them.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
"Say hey if you seen the leprechaun!!!"

Entire city block: "Heyyyy!!!"

@M

20 Year Member
Also change your fucking avatar. Thanks. I went back to Haggar so you go to something that's less offensive to my eyes.
Mayor LoneSage, if we can get someone else to use a Shinkiro Guy avatar, we can take back the streets of Metro City from the Mad Gear gang and save your daughter, not to mention your re-election campaign. I believed in Harvey Dent and I believe in us!

Or, maybe I'll get framed for a crime I didn't commit and spend the rest of my life in handcuffs and prison stripes, throwing rocks at people, it could go either way. Bibs would understand.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Mayor LoneSage, if we can get someone else to use a Shinkiro Guy avatar, we can take back the streets of Metro City from the Mad Gear gang and save your daughter, not to mention your re-election campaign. I believed in Harvey Dent and I believe in us!

Or, maybe I'll get framed for a crime I didn't commit and spend the rest of my life in handcuffs and prison stripes, throwing rocks at people, it could go either way. Bibs would understand.
Neo-geo.com forum users, you're welcome. I got him to change it.

@M

20 Year Member
This was the original artwork I cropped Homer from. Such a lovely family portrait.
FB_IMG_16185974688255979.jpg

@M

20 Year Member
Homey is just my favorite member of the Simpsons family in general. They're hideous, but, the artist is very talented.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Spiderman dying in infinity was more impactful imo. But then again it was Ironman who sold it.

His wife seemed way too cool for it. Like get out of my way Peter. Its ok Tony you can go now. Felt a bit off.

@M

20 Year Member
M, did you cry when Iron Man died too? Lol.
I don't think I've watched any of the modern Disney Marvel movies in their entirety, including Avengers, but, maybe Iron Man dying would make me teary-eyed. I mostly own or have watched the older shit from other studios like Ghost Rider, Blade, Raimi Spiderman flicks, X-men, etc.

Disney wants more than five bucks for their DVDs, and I'm like, slow down thar, Mickey, that's getting into LEGO money territory. I'll seriously pay $10 for a LEGO Iron Man set but not for an Iron Man DVD. Priorities.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Spiderman dying in infinity was more impactful imo. But then again it was Ironman who sold it.

His wife seemed way too cool for it. Like get out of my way Peter. Its ok Tony you can go now. Felt a bit off.
See this is the thing here, I'm a big nerd for comics. Do I know everything about every page ever printed? No way. Do I care about Kamala Khan? Nope.

But I do love me some Spider-man. The dude is literally my favorite super hero of all time, followed closely by Invincible - and a VERY close third would be AllMight. (fuck you i love M.H.A. leave me alone). I grew up reading Spider-man. I had the Secret Wars toys, (too young to collect comics at the time), the first comic I started buying religiously was Spider-man right after Venom shit out Carnage. I had that issue. *had. So yeah man, I love Spider-man.

I really liked Raimi's Spider-man 1 and 2. They were really great and fun movies for me. I didn't like Spider-man 3, it was awful. I hated... *hated* the Garfield movies, except for the Amazing Spider-man 2's suit. That was a sick as fuck suit. But thats it.

Then this little fucking doofus named Tom Holland shows up, and while he may not have the best live action suit design (ASM2, obvi), Tom (to me) fucking *nails* Peter and Spider-man. Tobey nailed Peter. Sucked as Spidey. Garfield did... eh with Spidey, sucked balls as Peter.

Tom nails both for me. And when my favorite superhero, who is (to me) _finally_ given a proper live action portrayal.. and then he turns to ash and blows away - that shit was heavy, for someone who loves that character so much.

Downy/Ironman dying was a bummer because it was the end of an era for the MCU, and the dude was the lynchpin. He started the whole franchise. But I didn't cry. I almost did with Spider-man's "I don't wanna go Mr. Stark" scene.

Almost.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
See this is the thing here, I'm a big nerd for comics. Do I know everything about every page ever printed? No way. Do I care about Kamala Khan? Nope.

But I do love me some Spider-man. The dude is literally my favorite super hero of all time, followed closely by Invincible - and a VERY close third would be AllMight. (fuck you i love M.H.A. leave me alone). I grew up reading Spider-man. I had the Secret Wars toys, (too young to collect comics at the time), the first comic I started buying religiously was Spider-man right after Venom shit out Carnage. I had that issue. *had. So yeah man, I love Spider-man.

I really liked Raimi's Spider-man 1 and 2. They were really great and fun movies for me. I didn't like Spider-man 3, it was awful. I hated... *hated* the Garfield movies, except for the Amazing Spider-man 2's suit. That was a sick as fuck suit. But thats it.

Then this little fucking doofus named Tom Holland shows up, and while he may not have the best live action suit design (ASM2, obvi), Tom (to me) fucking *nails* Peter and Spider-man. Tobey nailed Peter. Sucked as Spidey. Garfield did... eh with Spidey, sucked balls as Peter.

Tom nails both for me. And when my favorite superhero, who is (to me) _finally_ given a proper live action portrayal.. and then he turns to ash and blows away - that shit was heavy, for someone who loves that character so much.

Downy/Ironman dying was a bummer because it was the end of an era for the MCU, and the dude was the lynchpin. He started the whole franchise. But I didn't cry. I almost did with Spider-man's "I don't wanna go Mr. Stark" scene.

Almost.
Old timey Marvel>>>>>> Disney blasphemy

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Holy shit fucking thank you, you're the only other person I know who felt the same way。Paltrow ruined that moment. Horrible acting.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
The Chinese just eat any pile of shit Hollywood serves them up.
Unless it's Star Wars. They don't care for that particular pile of shit.

Oh, I watched Mother's Day last night (thank you Joe Bob). Troma movie from the early 80s about crazy rednecks in rural New Jersey that kidnap ladies at the behest of their equally crazy mother. Things get weird and rape revengey. I find a lot of Troma movies unwatchable but this one held my interest from beginning to end and has a satisfying conclusion. Well. Ish.

Also saw Promising Young Woman a while back. After watching it, I read around and saw someone describe it as "what if Bruce Wayne was a crazy rape victim and not a trust fund baby who watched his parents get murdered". Not totally inaccurate. The characters are paper-thin feminist talking points and that ending. Woof. The woke people are going to be tying themselves in knots trying to explain that away. That said, it was just weird enough to not just be like one of those Christian propaganda movies where the atheist cries at the end and everyone cheers. Don't know that I'd recommend it to anyone (I'd go with Sorry to Bother You if you want a woke message movie that goes pants-on-head crazy halfway through) but it wasn't a complete waste of time.

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Nobody... with Bob Odenkirk...

It felt... Bland and contrived... sorta boring really. Not even the action scenes could save this snore fest.
John Wick it aint.... More like Taken 3 with Liam Neeson. A single plot line that can't carry the film beyond mediocre.

Riders Of Justice.... Mads Mikkelson is always great but he showed why he's one of my fav actors. He easily goes from cold hearted brutal grieving husband to a soul that understands that his grief made him forget the important things. Understated with a few weird moments but it's better than any trash Hollywood is producing.

xROTx

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Nobody... with Bob Odenkirk...

It felt... Bland and contrived... sorta boring really. Not even the action scenes could save this snore fest.
John Wick it aint.... More like Taken 3 with Liam Neeson. A single plot line that can't carry the film beyond mediocre.

xROTx
Real big fan of better call saul. Probably rent this tonight. Or find it online somewhere. Yeah I've heard bad things. Makes me sad.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
Holy shit fucking thank you, you're the only other person I know who felt the same way。Paltrow ruined that moment. Horrible acting.
Right. She was always on his ass throughout the movies too. Now its all who cares? You had one shot pepper and you blew it.