How much is enough in life?

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
I don't want to pay the utilities on a $1M house much less the taxes, insurance, and maintenance.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
If I had a 1M house in my current village, my taxes would be about $38,000 a year.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
In two years time Wasabi will have a baby and will be worried getting the poop of the wall where his Kent Monkman original is hung.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
If I had a 1M house in my current village, my taxes would be about $38,000 a year.

In the UK the top rate of property tax, payable on homes worth over about $2m, is around $5k per year. It doesn't go higher than that. It also doesn't go a lot lower than that, the bare minimum on the cheapest house you could find would be $2k per year.

Different playing fields I guess.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Now you see why Trump capped SALT deduction.

So people who are paying enough $16k A year in school tax can send even more money to the federal goverment to bomb countries?

I don't think there are any Million dollar single unit homes in my village. They tend to top out at $300,000-$400,00.

In nearby villages where there are actually a supply of million dollar homes, the property tax is more like $30,000.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Property tax is crazy.

You bust your ass to pay for something and then you still need to pay for it? You literally pay for the privilege of being able to pay the government more money.

Last edited:

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Property tax is crazy.

You bust your ass to pay for something and then you still need to pay for it? You literally pay for the privilege of being able to pay the government more money.

The rationale, as far as I understand it, is if your home is larger you will be in general a larger consumer, produce more garbage, need more clearing up after, have more things worth stealing so require more policing, be more likely to have a house fire etc etc. All of this is, of course, tenuous at best, and probably just outright wrong in many circumstances.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Property tax is crazy.

No property tax in China :vik:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The rationale, as far as I understand it, is if your home is larger you will be in general a larger consumer, produce more garbage, need more clearing up after, have more things worth stealing so require more policing, be more likely to have a house fire etc etc. All of this is, of course, tenuous at best, and probably just outright wrong in many circumstances.

right, but I'm not sending more kids to school because my house is bigger.
education is one of the biggest expenses on my property taxes.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

I’d have to pay property tax even on unimproved land.

@lonesage? No property tax and they locked up all the Moslems? Sounds great :emb:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
How about I get back my loan payments?

I ain’t paying into a pyramid scheme that I’m not getting a taste of.

Don't worry, the Democrats aren't going to do anything to help people poorer than you.