Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Within reason.

Look at samsho 2019....Shiki is solid but Mina and Iroha? coomer trash and a waste of two character slots.
If left to most vocal "fan" polls the lineup would just be lolis cosplaying as fatal fury characters.

Just don't pass up something like like Sokaku for a sexy woman version of Terry Bogard.
Give me Sokaku over a character like Alice any day. Or Sokaku's disciple since it's MOTW. He's been criminally neglected IMO.

I don't think Mai or Andy are going to be in it since Hakotumaru is, at least as playable characters.

It's a long shot but I'd really love to see Xiangfei make the roster.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Give me Sokaku over a character like Alice any day. Or Sokaku's disciple since it's MOTW. He's been criminally neglected IMO.

I don't think Mai or Andy are going to be in it since Hakotumaru is, at least as playable characters.

It's a long shot but I'd really love to see Xiangfei make the roster.
You want to talk long shots, good luck me getting a Jubei or Tung with this being set however many years after MotW, itself set a decade after RB. Even if it's present day, that would make Jubei 102 years old. Even Eastwood will stop pretending to throw punches before he hits 100.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
If I can't get Franco then give me JUNIORRRRRRRRRR!

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
You want to talk long shots, good luck me getting a Jubei or Tung with this being set however many years after MotW, itself set a decade after RB. Even if it's present day, that would make Jubei 102 years old. Even Eastwood will stop pretending to throw punches before he hits 100.
I believe Tung would have no trouble being a force ghost.

1715374127406.png

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
A Rick S in his 40s with a chip on his shoulder, and something to prove would fit in this game.

Fuck Vanessa and her gimmick infringement.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
A Rick S in his 40s with a chip on his shoulder, and something to prove would fit in this game.
Rain Man update: Rick will be 53 in 2025 when City is released, if the games continue to be set present day, as they were from FF1 to RB2. On the other hand, if it's set pretty close after MotW, that would mean City takes place sometime in the early 2010s. Maybe they'll try to avoid specifying.

Also, if they maintain the original AoF/FF timeline, Ryo/Robert/Yuri would all be in their early to mid-60s today. So if you see a 62 year old woman in the background of the Yuri's Fitness Club stage...

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Rain Man update: Rick will be 53 in 2025 when City is released, if the games continue to be set present day, as they were from FF1 to RB2. On the other hand, if it's set pretty close after MotW, that would mean City takes place sometime in the early 2010s. Maybe they'll try to avoid specifying.

Also, if they maintain the original AoF/FF timeline, Ryo/Robert/Yuri would all be in their early to mid-60s today. So if you see a 62 year old woman in the background of the Yuri's Fitness Club stage...
I would be pleasantly surprised if SNK respected the timeline. I never played Street Fighter after III, but that was my biggest gripe with IV and on - all the characters stayed the same age, zero growth. No respect for the canon.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
I would be pleasantly surprised if SNK respected the timeline. I never played Street Fighter after III, but that was my biggest gripe with IV and on - all the characters stayed the same age, zero growth. No respect for the canon.
The overarching stories from each mainline SF proceed in a chronological plot order of 1, 2, 4, 5, 3, 6. Visually speaking in terms of 6's ensemble, It's very much apparent how characters like Dhalsim, Chun Li, Akuma, Guile, Cammy, & Ryu have aged. Juri Han & Ed both looking "static" are notable contradictory exceptions, but that's a digression for another time.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
No, but I did kinda get an Orochi vibe... And I kinda don't like that.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
The character designs do not dissapoint. SNK may have many flaws in this day and age, and appart from a few exceptions, they consistently keep the bar high with new designs. That is alot. It's organic and feels true to it's roots.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Not my cup of tea necessarily but it's comforting to see that this company takes itself seriously enough when it comes to fighting games

Last edited: