Search results

1. ApolloBoy

FOUND: XRGB-2 plus or XRGB-3

EDIT: Found one, please lock.
  2. ApolloBoy

SOLD: Sony PVM-1354Q (SF Bay Area only!)

SOLD!
  3. ApolloBoy

Offering NESRGB install services

I'm not getting as much hours as I'd like at work so I've decided to start doing NESRGB installs again, though that's as far as I'll go with mods now. I can work on all NES/Famicom variants including the original Famicom and top loader. Installation costs range from $50-65, send me a PM for...
  4. ApolloBoy

FOUND: Neo CD pad

EDIT: Got a couple, thanks to those who sent me PMs.
  5. ApolloBoy

Wanted: Multi-region BIOS for Mega CD II

Anyone willing to burn me a region-free BIOS EPROM for the Mega CD II/Sega CD 2? I've got a European Mega CD II and I'm tired of using my Everdrive to load a BIOS ROM (which doesn't work with some games).
  6. ApolloBoy

Anyone out there do Famicom Disk System repairs?

Lately my Twin Famicom's disk drive has been having issues, it started when it stopped reading my Zelda II disk entirely and started having issues saving to disk, and now it's being incredibly stubborn when it comes to loading anything. I'm pretty sure the drive has alignment issues but I'm not...
  7. ApolloBoy

Thoughts on the original X-RGB2?

I have the chance to get an original X-RGB2 (albeit a broken one) for cheap and I was just wondering how it stacks up today. I plan on using it for testing RGB mods alongside my PVM and maybe keep it as a backup for my PVMs.
  8. ApolloBoy

Twin Famicom disk drive: Head continuously moves no matter what

Welp, I modified my new Twin Fami to accept a model 1 Genesis PSU and it looks like I've paid the price for it. While playing an FDS game for nearly an hour, the screen started flickering and the disk drive head started moving without being prompted (!). I opened up the system after shutting it...
  9. ApolloBoy

AES composite and S-video problems: Dull color and jittering

I've encountered some strange problems with my AES lately, which span both the composite and S-video outputs (the latter being modded of course). The color is really weak on both outputs and I get some jittering at the top of the screen depending on what's displayed. I've tried adjusting the...
  10. ApolloBoy

Wanted: Broken AV Famicom

Anyone out there have a busted AV Famicom? I'm looking to replace the top shell and heat sink on mine, so if anyone has just those parts that'd be even better.
  11. ApolloBoy

Wanted: Female panel mount SCART socket

Anyone have one of these? My homemade BNC to SCART cable is on the fritz and I'm thinking of replacing it by building another BNC to SCART converter out of a project box. I can get everything I need for it locally except for the SCART socket. It also needs to have screw holes as I'm not taking...
  12. ApolloBoy

Attaching PCB mount jack onto single-sided PCB

I just recently bought a Sega SG-1000 II, and I hopefully plan to mod it for RGB once it arrives. My main plan is to have it use the same SCART cable as my Genesis 2, and I also happen to have a Genesis 2 AV jack on hand for this. Normally I would pull out the RF modulator and solder the jack...
  13. ApolloBoy

NO LONGER FOR SALE: Sony PVM-1344Q monitor (SF Bay Area pickup only)

I have a PVM-1344Q that needs some work that I'm offloading. It works alright for the most part, but I think something might be wrong with the flyback tripler, as the picture sometimes rolls when using RGB and goes very dark when using composite or S-video. This is usually rectified by smacking...
  14. ApolloBoy

Torn between getting an MVS converter or 1-slot board

Ever since I picked up my AES I've always intended to get the MVS versions of the games I want, as I don't feel like spending a ton on their AES equivalents. Lately however, I've been facing a dilemma about how exactly I should play the MVS stuff. For a while I've been leaning towards picking...
  15. ApolloBoy

AES - Very quiet left audio through headphones after recap

I've encountered a weird issue after recapping my AES; the left audio channel through the headphone jack has gone extremely quiet while the right channel works perfectly fine. All of the caps are of great quality (a mix of Panasonics and Nichicons) and soldered properly, and I didn't damage any...
  16. ApolloBoy

ApolloBoy's Sale of Things

I've got some miscellaneous stuff for sale, all games and hardware are tested and working. Prices do not include shipping and I only accept payment through PayPal. All games/hardware will be shipped through USPS First Class or Standard Post. All games and hardware are loose except where noted...
  17. ApolloBoy

AES stick buttons and balltop

I recently upgraded my AES stick with Sanwa buttons and a larger balltop so I now have no need for the originals. Both the buttons and balltop are in good shape, and the buttons also include the PCB and mounting plate (I only have two screws though). The mounting plate is in decent condition...
  18. ApolloBoy

Unibios install on an AES gone awry

I just got through installing a Unibios chip in my 5V AES using the piggyback method, and I get a scrambled screen with every boot and the game refuses to play. I've triple checked all the connections between the socket, original BIOS and Unibios and everything is fine. The 15K resistor is also...