Unibios install on an AES gone awry

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
I just got through installing a Unibios chip in my 5V AES using the piggyback method, and I get a scrambled screen with every boot and the game refuses to play. I've triple checked all the connections between the socket, original BIOS and Unibios and everything is fine. The 15K resistor is also right where it should be and is not shorting on anything.

I also checked to make sure I didn't damage any traces and there aren't any issues there either. Suggestions? This is particularly strange as I've done Unibios installs for people before and never encountered an issue.

EDIT: Just reverted my system back to the original BIOS and it works perfectly fine. I'm beginning to wonder if I was accidentally sent a Unibios for an MVS, as it has a serial number on the bottom. I didn't specify a serial number when I ordered it and the number isn't even close to the one on my AES.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The Unibios works on both AES and MVS, they're the same.

Check to make sure you installed the chip with the notch on the left.

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
The Unibios works on both AES and MVS, they're the same.

Check to make sure you installed the chip with the notch on the left.
Ah, OK. I installed it correctly and since I reverted to the original BIOS without issue, I know that I haven't caused any damage to the board. I talked it over with Razoola and I'll be sending back to him since it's most likely defective.