Offering NESRGB install services

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm not getting as much hours as I'd like at work so I've decided to start doing NESRGB installs again, though that's as far as I'll go with mods now. I can work on all NES/Famicom variants including the original Famicom and top loader. Installation costs range from $50-65, send me a PM for details.

Here's some pics of my previous installs so you know exactly the quality of work you'll be getting...

DSCN1074_zps2108a757.jpg

DSCN1069_zpsf5c3fd01.jpg

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Do up have the actual RGB kits? And if so, how much for the whole shebang?
I don't have any kits on me, so if you didn't purchase one already I can do that for you as well. The NESRGB kit costs about $76 shipped so it would be anywhere between $125-140 for an installation plus the kit. For the top loader I use Helder and BuffaloWing's 3D-printed multiout so that's another additional cost.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Hmm, I'm tempted to get you to do my og Fami because I'm lazy.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
How long you plan to do this? Can you provide consoles too? If so how much would you charge for NES RGB shipped?

NeoTeam546

Cheng's Errand Boy
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
you do RGB mods on toploaders too? is the price the same? Then do you mount the jacks on the back or where at?

Curious like the guy above what total cost would be...

Be nice to just go all out and get around the RF jail bars.

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
How long you plan to do this? Can you provide consoles too? If so how much would you charge for NES RGB shipped?
I might do this for a few months, maybe more if I don't manage to find a better job sooner. I've thought about offering premodded consoles too, but I'm not interested in doing that at this time.

you do RGB mods on toploaders too? is the price the same? Then do you mount the jacks on the back or where at?
Yes I can work on top loaders, and I've done quite a few before including my own. For the top loader I use the 3D-printed multiout panel made by Helder and BuffaloWing on the ASSEMbler forums, which IMO is the cleanest way of doing an RGB mod on the top loader. It does add more to the installation cost though, since I have to desolder the RF modulator and order a multiout panel. I could use an 8-pin mini-DIN if you'd like though.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Interested. Just have a couple questions:

1. Do you do dual mono audio jacks ie. "fake stereo"?

2. What is the average turn around time on modding a system (in my case, AV Famicom) and getting the parts themselves in?

Jon

XC-3730C

War Room Troll
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Free bump to an awesome guy. He did my AV Famicom RGB mod and did a fantastic job!

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Would you be able to do a price structure based off models? For example, front loaders cost x, top loaders cost y, add z for cost of rgb kit? I feel this may make the service more appealing. I have a front loaders that, with a good paycheck and some luck, may qualify for your mod.

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Would you be able to do a price structure based off models? For example, front loaders cost x, top loaders cost y, add z for cost of rgb kit? I feel this may make the service more appealing. I have a front loaders that, with a good paycheck and some luck, may qualify for your mod.
Good point, so with that in mind here's the baselines for each console.

For all systems I include a palette switch, utilize the NESRGB's audio circuitry, and I add thermal compound to the 7805 (either ceramic or Arctic Silver 5). Costs do not include the kit or any additional parts (such as the 3D-printed multiouts available on ASSEMbler). I can do additional services such as adding power LEDs or recaps but those will cost a little extra as well ($6 for an LED mod, $10 for a recap). Also, I can add a 1/8" jack for audio if you prefer to run your audio separately from your RGB cable; this would come at no charge.

For the front loader I charge $60, which includes installing a connector of your choice. I can do either an 8-pin DIN, an 8-pin mini-DIN (the same used by Tim for his SCART cables) or a 3D-printed multiout.

The top loader is $65, since I have to desolder the RF modulator. I really like using the 3D-printed multiout panel for this one as it requires no case modifications, but I can use an 8-pin mini-DIN if you prefer. If your top loader has been AV modded, I can rewire the AV jacks so they're connected to the NESRGB; I can do this at no charge.

An AV Famicom install is $50. Out of all the NESRGB installs I've done in the past, this one was by far the most popular and I don't think it'd be any different now, mainly because the AV Famicom already has a multiout jack.

For the original Famicom I charge $60, since I have to desolder the original RF/power board. The new AV/power board sold by Tim uses an 8-pin mini-DIN, which is the only connector choice I offer for the original Fami (there's no room for a full-size DIN or multiout). Like with the top loader, if your system has been AV modded before I can rewire the AV jacks so the outputs come from the NESRGB.

A Twin Famicom install would be $55, I usually rewire the existing DIN jack which is the easiest and IMO the best way to mod the Twin. I can also rewire the existing AV jacks so that they're still useable. If you desire, I can add a 3D-printed multiout or 8-pin mini-DIN instead of rewiring the DIN jack already present on the system.