What coffee maker do you use? Also brewed coffee vs. coffee concentrates?

TheMagicianLord

Rugal's Thug
Using this one at present:

zojirushi_ecdac50.jpg

Long story short, started out with standard coffee makers. Went to a Keurig briefly, then with its reusable pod. Went back to a regular coffee maker. Now trying out concentrates. Got one here called Javy, which doesn't seem bad.

Last edited:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
cuperinox.jpg

We have a Cuperinox coffee maker, you can get up to 3 big cups out of it. We also bought one of those automatic all-in-one supermachines a few years ago but it constantly had tech probs so we threw it out and went back to good ol' macchinetta again. Cheap, simple, tasty.

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
This one, a Saeco Xelsis. It's a fully automated espresso machine that grinds fresh coffee beans (well, I'm italian, so espresso is basically mandatory here).

Zf1O7Tj.jpg

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
In my kitchen coffee corner, I use a Kalita Wave pour over for drip coffee. And my wife's Breville Barista Express for espresso and steamed milk. Well worth the investment for the money saved on coffee shops.

KalitaWaveCeramicDripper185copy_1200x1200.jpg

6291169_sd.jpg

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
We got this on our wedding registry:

Really good at an everyday cup of coffee. I also have a grinder so we make fresh ground coffee.

I also have an Aeropress:

Moka pot:

Hario pour over:

No espresso machine. I don't want to fuck with that.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
We have a Keurig kup thing in our water dispenser. Its why we bought that model. Typically will use Community Coffee Columbian roast, or some choco infused beans I get from Whole Foods and grind to use in the little kcup adapter.

Im in no way a coffee afficionado. I just use it to wake up sometimes, or to eat a danish.

Now I want a danish.

I dont have any danishes.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Saeco Incanto
I've had it for about 4-5 years, and it's been very reliable. I typically use it for double shot Americano more than a straight Espresso. Whole bean.

If I'm doing coffee, I just use an Ikea French Press with beans ground from a Krups grinder.

refurbished-saeco-incanto-espresso-machine2.jpg.webp

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
As others have said in this thread: pays for itself easily compared to buying coffee out as often as we used to.

Jura Z6 + whole beans (built in grinder).

Flat whites are my go to (for coffee, not women).
IMG_1592.jpeg

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I buy whole beans coffee and grind it. No prob with instant coffee here, we have that at work and it does the trick.

COFFEE IS THE FUTURE!

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
We have had the Breville Oracle for awhile now probably a decade. Still running great and we use it daily. Also got a Breville Nespresso w/ those pods for quickies.
368517854_3477853809169433_411181326683029739_n.jpg

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Coffee is gross. If I want to wake up to something bitter and pungent I'll get married.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Was $500 when we got it on sale five years ago. The same model is $750 now. I was skeptical when my wife did the research and picked it. I couldn't believe they made non-commercial machines that cost that much. But I've got to hand it to her in this case at least, it was worth the investment. We've followed all the maintenance and taken care of it, and it's still chugging along same as new. With decent freshly roasted beans, the lattes taste as good as anything you can get at the best third wave coffee shops.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Jura z6 listed for $2900 a few years ago when we scooped it.
Didn’t pay but half that; got a factory refurb w/ the balance of the warranty on it.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Damn, that's not cheap. The Breville requires me to stand there and work like an untrained barista.