Weekly Roundup

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
A lot of downtime. I have been gaming a lot on consoles that haven't gotten much action lately

PS4
Uncharted 3
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

PS3
LittleBigPlanet

PS2
Rez

SNES
Chrono Trigger

Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
EDF 2025 some progress made this weekend. Tonight I finally got mission 81 finished on inferno difficulty with ranger. At 16004 hp still got lucky beating the final wave, it is a slaughter if you don't get in the right place on map for final spider spawn. You also need luck on your side that your recruits last & you get good med drops near by before red ants grab you. Got down to 1000 hp at one time is still alot but If there are 3 spiders left that is instant death. Luckily I had just red ants & wasps all over me. I used emerald 5 missiles & af-100 assault rifle can't believe that combo worked.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
On the final dungeon / tower of Final Fantasy Adventure.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4:
My Witcher 3 save file broke 100 hours, thank you Corona-chan!

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
NEO
Andro Dunos

pcb
esp ra.de
legionnaire

DC
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
Dynamite Dekka 2

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Wii
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles - fun shooter, I like the upgradable weapons and seeing what other characters were doing during the events of the main games like Wesker and Rebecca.

SNES
Chrono Trigger - beat this one this week. Still a fantastic game.

Xbox
The Warriors - just started this and I'm enjoying the atmosphere. Great references to the movie.

Vita
Rayman Origins - beat this last night. Forgot how some of the running levels can be bullshit in terms of timing

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I was thinking about hooking my wiiu up again yesterday for some Sega light gun shooters as well, I’ll probably go down that rabbit hole this week.

4/12
Switch
Tetris 99 - Got a couple Tetris Maximus this week
Legend of Zelda - On the last two dungeons
Shikhondo Soul Eater - Disappointed this doesn’t have a vertical mode on the Switch

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Smitch
I finished Final Fantasy Adventure on the Collection of Mana cart. 10/10 best Game Boy OG RPG I've played I think.

PC Engine Duo-R
Hooked this up to the PVM and played Winds of Thunder.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
108 hours on Nioh 2. 98.6% mission completion rate on the default difficultly and moving along in NG+.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Master System
Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap
Fantasy Zone
Shinobi

Genny
Granada
Wonder Boy In Monster World

MSX
Aleste 2
Penguin Adventure
Space Manbow

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
It's been a very long time since I've posted here. Last weekend was Mega Man 2, 3, and 5 and I started playing SNES Lufia II for the first time.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
It's been a very long time since I've posted here. Last weekend was Mega Man 2, 3, and 5 and I started playing SNES Lufia II for the first time.
How are you liking Lufia? Might dive into it, I have time for the longer SNES and PS1 RPGs

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
How are you liking Lufia? Might dive into it, I have time for the longer SNES and PS1 RPGs

So far, and I'll admit that I'm not really all that far into it, it seems really awesome.

I played the original in the 90's and although kind of odd in the combat dept, it was well done. The second cart commanded some bigger $$, so I never bought it. now I'm playing it on tha RetroPie...

The one really neat element to II is that the over world sports typical FF random combat stuff but the dungeons are much closer to something like Zelda. It's really unique.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
I bought a metric ton of games for my PS4 with the work at home shenanigans but I underestimated how much time I'd actually have for gaming... the only thing I'm consistently playing now is Gran Turismo Sport.

I even ordered a G29 to play the damn thing. Will I actually enjoy using it or will it be a waste of money as I'm a below mediocre racer? Let's find out together.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm not going to play Lufia II any further. Just not my cup of tea. Games like that really will show you how good the writing on some games like Final Fantasy really are. Lufia II has a really lackluster plot, it's just rinse/repeat from kingdom to kingdom, and those stupid fucking "puzzles" in the towers get old, fast. To much "walk 6 rooms over, fighting the entire time, flip a switch, walk back, fighting some more, move a block, go back 6 rooms over again, more fighting, walk across the bridge"...again and again. Not something I consider fun.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
I'm not going to play Lufia II any further. Just not my cup of tea. Games like that really will show you how good the writing on some games like Final Fantasy really are. Lufia II has a really lackluster plot, it's just rinse/repeat from kingdom to kingdom, and those stupid fucking "puzzles" in the towers get old, fast. To much "walk 6 rooms over, fighting the entire time, flip a switch, walk back, fighting some more, move a block, go back 6 rooms over again, more fighting, walk across the bridge"...again and again. Not something I consider fun.
That's interesting, as I've heard Lufia II is better than the first, and one of the best in the SNES library.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
This week was packed with online gaming on PS3 while it's still free with the gf

PS3
LittleBigPlanet 3
Resident Evil 5

Vita
Ys VIII - about 9 hours in and built the watch tower.

Witcher 2 - want to play this before 3. Gameplay was a lot to get used to at first, especially combat and parrying. I need to kill a squid.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4: More Witcher 3, doing side quests that I skipped/or were cut off by advancing the main plot.

Need another time sink game soon, and I want more western d&d fantasy, I thought of Skyrim SE (never played the dlc)

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Switch
Tetris 99 - Had to get the Ring Fit skin
Chaos Code - Enjoyed this on steam too, nice to play on the go
NES Classics - Zelda (finished), City Connection
Gunlord X

Dreamcast
Neo XYX - My Favorite NGDev title so far

PS4
Fighting EX Layer - Picked it up on sale and ran through arcade mode a couple times, I like it better on PS4 than when I played it at my local Round 1

Last edited:

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Xbone X

RE3

Not liking the camera/movement system on this. Never played the original so don't know if that's how it was back then and they just kept it. So far I'm not sure if I'll continue bothering with it. Certainly feels like a waste of $60 so far

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Xbox:
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Been a good while since I've done a play through of this game. Got through Taris, most of the way through Dantooine so it's about to pick up. Will probably hit Tatooine next because I like to keep HK-47 in my party. Right now I'm using Canderous and Mission. Went with a light side Jedi Guardian this time. Carth is still a doucher.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Finally beat both bosses in Ashes of Ariandel. Pain in the balls. Liking Gato Roboto a lot until the magma rat boss, little prick.