Vote! English Aero Fighters 3 & Euro + Dog-Tag Power Spikes 2 AES releases.

Based on the facts revealed to you, carefully consider your conclusion.

• I'm 100% convinced that these are indeed SNK original productions.

Votes: 53 26.6%
  • I'm NOT 100% convinced that these are SNK authentic.

Votes: 146 73.4%

• Total voters

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
Your post read like the Chinese spam email I get at work.

T.A.P.

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Is it just me, or is it bizarre how frequently that guy shows up on here the moment someone brings up that game?

It's like saying the name 'Moleculo'.

Last edited:

bojay1997

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm sorry, but that is clearly not what the press release says. It says that NGF is barred from infringing SNK's copyrights, something that in my opinion would not have been on the stipulated permanent injunction if it had not in fact happened. If the lawsuit was frivolous, I also believe that SNK would never have been granted a stipulated permanent injunction and instead the entire case would have been dismissed with you being granted your costs. That's clearly not what happened. All the press release says is that you had permission from SNK to sell the cartridges you bought from them along with the inserts you sold with them. It doesn't say your inserts were official or authorized, only that they gave you permission to include them with the cartridges which were sold to you by SNK. So, as far as I am concerned, those aren't authorized or official in any way, they were simply extra junk you included with the legitimate SNK cartridges and someone at SNK at some point told you it was fine to do so. That's a long way from being official and authorized.
Actually, you are 100% wrong, and you know it. The KOF 2000 US was NEVER in question when Playmore tried to sue NGF in a frivolous lawsuit. This case was over copyrights and they lost - badly. Maybe you have not seen the press release? The one that Playmore had ot post on their website saying every cartridge NGF corrected was authorized and official?

http://web.archive.org/web/20050208171535/http://www.snkplaymore.jp/information/en_press15.html

As for the KOF 2000 English, the most investigated game in history, it has been known since release that the game was 100% official, true SNK Japan produced and shipped directly to NGF. Many many people called SNK Japan directly at release and it was confirmed of course.

As far as the value, $8500 is nowhere near out of bounds, as even on ebay, where prices are low when it comes to items like this since the buyer cannot be sure of the source.

Here is just one steal of a deal:

KOF 2000 English sells for 6000 Euro:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/15079956227...AX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1182

The only video game cartridge to ever be to the Roof of Africa!

Last edited:

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
I'm sorry, but that is clearly not what the press release says. It says that NGF is barred from infringing SNK's copyrights, something that in my opinion would not have been on the stipulated permanent injunction if it had not in fact happened. If the lawsuit was frivolous, I also believe that SNK would never have been granted a stipulated permanent injunction and instead the entire case would have been dismissed with you being granted your costs. That's clearly not what happened. All the press release says is that you had permission from SNK to sell the cartridges you bought from them along with the inserts you sold with them. It doesn't say your inserts were official or authorized, only that they gave you permission to include them with the cartridges which were sold to you by SNK. So, as far as I am concerned, those aren't authorized or official in any way, they were simply extra junk you included with the legitimate SNK cartridges and someone at SNK at some point told you it was fine to do so. That's a long way from being official and authorized.

Maybe you are just dense, but the press release I linked, along with this one:

http://web.archive.org/web/20031109022730/http://www.snkplaymore.jp/information/en_press15.html

The words AUTHENTIC and AUTHORIZED are used to describe pretty much every game ever released or proto'ed by SNK Japan and sold by NGF.

This has been gone over hundreds of times. I guess some people will never understand.

Last edited:

T.A.P.

15 Year Member
Shouldn't we get back to arguing about these specific video games we'll never see in person?

chrisr

Known Scammer and One Deluded Individual, NeoGeoFr
20 Year Member
The biggest thing about high value items is provenance, since the investment is substantial. The problem with the neo geo scene is high quality printing is now available, and as everyone has seen, bootlegging expensive cartridge is too tempting for the scammers. The KOF 2000 was not immune to this phenomenon, and instead of just letting our customers suffer, as usual NGF came up with a solution. This release is really a legacy and piece of neo geo history and we wanted to make sure it did not get ruined like Metal Slug, Blazing Star, Chibi Quiz, etc. The fact is fakes are out there in serious numbers, and if you own any neo geo game worth more than $500, you should be prepared for scrutiny. I would bet there is probably a 25% fake rate in most of the "serious" collectors collections that have been acquired in the last 3 years. Unless you bought the game from a retail store, you might have a fake.

We came up with the authentication system last year and it has worked out really really well. We have authenticated over 40% of the original 100, and continue to get requests weekly. If you own this game, this is a FREE service, and will provide yourself, as well as a future owner the peace of mind of knowing the have an original. If you do not have your cartridge authenticated, or you are looking to buy one, DO NOT RISK buying one that has not been certified. Unlike phantom sales of games that are obviously not real, these cartridges have have been bought and sold many many times on the open market and have established value.

As you can see, each piece of the set is numbered with a tamper proof seal. This eliminates the "frankencart" syndrome where people use the best pieces from multiple carts, or they attempt to bootleg a single piece.
P7010692.jpg

Each original authenticated carts gets a unique number and edition name. The original person that sends the cartridge in for authentication gets the privilege of naming that cartridge, and it will forever be known by the name and number given at that time.
P7010691.jpg

The certification documentation is delivered to the owner, and includes a signed and numbered certificate of ownership. This certificate can be redeemed by a new owner for a new certification without having to send in the cartridge again, thereby allowing new owners to have a certificate of ownership with their name.
P7010698.jpg

This system eliminates the bootlegs, as there is a registry of owners, and each copy has a history of ownership, and cannot be duplicated without someone knowing something is up. It is a great system, one that we offer as a courtesy to the owners of this game.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think the best hint so far is here:

bt8eI.jpg

It's like he's beating us over the head with that message.

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Dude, imagine if you went to the Japanese meeting for LBP, you could have gotten a rare Japanese review copy of LBP too...

I actually do not know how Japan handles their review process nor do I care since Famitsu's standards have lowered a great deal over the years.. also the case artwork for LBP-J is kinda bland for it in comparison to what came over stateside... sackboy sitting on button planet with a couple card board chunks with stickers on a basic blue background.

aria

Former Moderator
This is starting to sound like some of those awful believer vs. atheist debates where the believer says to an atheist: "can science be 100% certain about the existence of God?" just hoping to pounce and say that 0.0000000001% chance of being incorrect make science incorrect on the subject.

T.A.P.

15 Year Member
Can we get this thread renamed "Petty squable of the millionaires"? since the only people who actually care about this are both richer than the rest of us ever will be?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This is starting to sound like some of those awful believer vs. atheist debates where the believer says to an atheist: "can science be 100% certain about the existence of God?" just hoping to pounce and say that 0.0000000001% chance of being incorrect make science incorrect on the subject.

Science damn these new "releases" and those who promote them. I should take you all and smash you upon my belly. Everyone knows that my science is only real science.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Can we get this thread renamed "Petty squable of the millionaires"? since the only people who actually care about this are both richer than the rest of us ever will be?

I prefer:

"Millionaire Fighting 2012"

silverstar

New Challenger

This isn't true. I care about getting the backstory of these games brought to light, it could be an interesting window into some SNK history. I just wish the source would come forward soon, without any new info coming out this thread is turning sour with endless squabbling. I think it's time to get the info out there...

aria

Former Moderator
Science damn these new "releases" and those who promote them. I should take you all and smash you upon my belly. Everyone knows that my science is only real science.

Science damn you, Time Child!

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
I just wish the source would come forward soon, without any new info coming out this thread is turning sour with endless squabbling. I think it's time to get the info out there...

Kissinger_Henry.jpg