SSVS AES fix info. FULL FATALITIES, SOUNDS FIXED. UniBios v2.0 now released.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Private message sent.

Raz

evo7_31 said:
(off-topic):

Raz, has my item shipped yet?

Thanks for your great contribution to the community! I will be placing an order for the unfixed cart now, which I certainly wont have done without the Unibios.

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Hi Razoola,

Can you take a look at Samurai Spirits III and see if you can get the beheading fatalities to unlock on that? If you check the sprite viewer you'd see that the beheading animations existed back in that game, but never got used...

Another game to look into unlocking shit in would be Shock Troopers 2nd Squad...

laurie

Zero's Tailor
are the decapitation moves in mvs samurai 3? if so how do you do them?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
laurie said:
are the decapitation moves in mvs samurai 3? if so how do you do them?

No, I don't believe so. That was back in the days when the mvs and the aes versions were the same (at least JPN was). :(

EvilWasabi said:
Hi Razoola,

Can you take a look at Samurai Spirits III and see if you can get the beheading fatalities to unlock on that? If you check the sprite viewer you'd see that the beheading animations existed back in that game, but never got used...

Another game to look into unlocking shit in would be Shock Troopers 2nd Squad...

Uncle Charlie-

Pleese s-plain for those of us who don't know... What's in ST2S that is of interest??? :help:

Large

, ,
Electroman said:
Uncle Charlie-

Pleese s-plain for those of us who don't know... What's in ST2S that is of interest??? :help:
Like in Metal Slug: Some unused backgrounds and another character.

Regards
Large

HYDEMe

n00b
Thanks to Raz, and given all the potential downsides of the cart recall, I am happy to say I have ordered an import copy of SSZS through NS. You can keep the subpar US coverart :)

I'm not a huge Neo buyer by any means, in fact, I only own 3 carts (4 now) so with all the drama surrounding this release, it was by far a hard sell for me (there was more issue with the content than the price as I'm sure many of you would agree). I've got a fairly old AES so I'm hoping I have a slotted bios - if so, the first mod to see the inside of my AES with be Razs' handywork.

Speaking of mods, does anyone know of a site that has detailed instructions for a DIY install of the S-video mod? I'd like to see what's invovled.

Now to figure out which organ to sell to pay for the game ;)

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
HYDEMe said:
Now to figure out which organ to sell to pay for the game ;)

I'd go with a partial liver sale if you haven't done that one lately - supposedly it will partially regenerate itself ;). A Kidney makes a nice 2nd choice if you gave up the other one for KOF 2003. :cool:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
*still hoping for a sound fix*

Go go Razoola, if everything works right on the fourth round, there's no reason it can't happen in a finishing second or third round, right?

Neverless, me is getting the upcoming release of the UNIBIOS as soon as it's released! ^^

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
Shito said:
*still hoping for a sound fix*

Go go Razoola, if everything works right on the fourth round, there's no reason it can't happen in a finishing second or third round, right?

Neverless, me is getting the upcoming release of the UNIBIOS as soon as it's released! ^^

There is still a sound/music glitch at the end of the 4th round when you perform a Zetsumei ougi. The drum music stops and and gets cut off with the character's generic win pose and the win pose music. Some characters have a different win pose from the normal win pose when he/she performs a zetsumei ougi (i.e. Tam Tam brings out Cham Cham). With the censored ZO moves, the characters all default to their normal win pose. This triggers the generic win pose music, thus cutting off the drum roll ZO music. It may be that this 4th round ZO glitch doesn't occur with the UniBios update. Maybe Raz will be able to confirm this.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Ralf501 said:
There is still a sound/music glitch at the end of the 4th round when you perform a Zetsumei ougi. The drum music stops and and gets cut off with the character's generic win pose and the win pose music. Some characters have a different win pose from the normal win pose when he/she performs a zetsumei ougi (i.e. Tam Tam brings out Cham Cham). With the censored ZO moves, the characters all default to their normal win pose. This triggers the generic win pose music, thus cutting off the drum roll ZO music. It may be that this 4th round ZO glitch doesn't occur with the UniBios update. Maybe Raz will be able to confirm this.

Yep, the fatalities are back alright!

We had a small Neo-meet here in Finland last night and Raz brought UniBIOS 2.0's to everybody! (though it's still not QUITE finished, I believe). So I was fatalizing all night!

If you perform a fatality on the 4th round, everything works fine. The drum roll is uninterrupted, and the characters do their ZO pose. Also, a 4th round fatality causes the announcer to say "Zetsumei Issen" or something. Kinda like a 4th round normal win makes the announcer say the required "Shobuari". But a normal 3rd round win always says just "Ippun", and the music continues. Whether or not it is finished with a ZO or not. So this seems to be the only little fault there is left.

Also, the training mode ZO works fine too. It reverts to the training mode menu after doing the fatality.

Plus, the generic fatalities (seen by slashing hard during the fight and ending with a hard slash) are nicer than I thought. There are more than one. For example Genjuro. An overhead hard slash cuts the opponents torso off. An upwards hard slash cuts the opponent vertically into two pieces, showering Genjuro with blood in the process!

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Absolutely fantastic news...
Without the cuts I may as well play KOF.
-BB

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
man, this is incredible news - Raz I salute you. This is how neo geo survives the way it should. Through gamers and scene members.

first the neo geo cd emu on dreamcast and now this. fantastic

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
finngamer said:
Yep, the fatalities are back alright!

Also, a 4th round fatality causes the announcer to say "Zetsumei Issen" or something.

I think it's "Zetsumei Shori" (the -ri is hardly hearable, thus making the whole phrase sound more like "zetsumeshou"). It should means 'mortal win'.

I still hope for a full sound-bug fix! :)

But possibly a nice ROM dump is needed for raz!

Can anyone dump the damn rom cart?

Spectre

Banned
Oh Razoola, god of the CPS2 suicide fix, high priest of UniBios, lord of SSVS AES fatalities... any ambition to come up with a region-switchable Naomi bios? Maybe? One day perhaps?

*bows deeply*

:mr_t:

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Shito said:
I think it's "Zetsumei Shori" (the -ri is hardly hearable, thus making the whole phrase sound more like "zetsumeshou").

Quite possible.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Yuki really outdid themsleves....and now with the fatalities unleashed,this may very well be the best of the series..anybody thinking about picking this one up I urge you to do so NOW!!
Welcome home Samurai Shodown...Welcome home! :D
-BB

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Question to Razoola:

as for the lock, what is indeed simply locking the game to the brutality level 2?

Is now playing in arcade mode fully possible to trigger the brutality level? 1/3

Also, are there any chance the sound bug will be fixed if you get the rom?

Thanks anyway and in advance!

I'm getting your bios as soon as its version2 is released!

G.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Shito said:
Question to Razoola:

as for the lock, what is indeed simply locking the game to the brutality level 2?

Is now playing in arcade mode fully possible to trigger the brutality level? 1/3

Also, are there any chance the sound bug will be fixed if you get the rom?

Thanks anyway and in advance!

I'm getting your bios as soon as its version2 is released!

G.

They were locking the violence setting to 0 and then unlocking the stuff they wabted to keep in (red blood for example).

The lock also affects MVS mode, you can either have it on or off, there is no in between.

Possible I can fix the sound but but Im not there yet.

Raz

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Razoola said:
They were locking the violence setting to 0 and then unlocking the stuff they wabted to keep in (red blood for example).

I see. I kind of 'custom lock, huh?

With a 'normal' dev bios setted to developer mvs, the brutality level just appeared locked on 2. Once the vustom lock is disabled via unibios, is it possible to freely set the brutality level now?

Possible I can fix the sound but but Im not there yet.

I really hope for that. As I said, considering the 4 round is always having the correct sound 'process' ('shobu ari' voice and music stopping), I guess that should be possible as well. It just seems the game program can't 'recognize' any round but the fourth as the final one. Odd.

Shoe-A-Palooza

Kabuki Klasher
Shito said:
I see. I kind of 'custom lock, huh?

With a 'normal' dev bios setted to developer mvs, the brutality level just appeared locked on 2. Once the vustom lock is disabled via unibios, is it possible to freely set the brutality level?

Actually I think the Violence Level is always on 2, regardless of dev. bios setting (although putting it on MVS just gets you a Warning screen in red letters). Even when set to USA mode, the blood is still red (not white or green like in SS1 and 2, respectively).

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Shito said:
With a 'normal' dev bios setted to developer mvs, the brutality level just appeared locked on 2. Once the vustom lock is disabled via unibios, is it possible to freely set the brutality level now?

No its not, well you can change it but it will have no effect as the softdip value is overwritten with 0 (which is the lock they added).

Raz

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
BIG BEAR said:
Yuki really outdid themsleves....and now with the fatalities unleashed,this may very well be the best of the series..

It is the best...