SSVS AES fix info. FULL FATALITIES, SOUNDS FIXED. UniBios v2.0 now released.

finngamer said:
It is the best...

I will agree also. SSVS's slightly faster speed alone kicks it up a notch. One thing I can't stand is a slow fighter. My favorite fighters are the types that allow me to fight as slow or fast as I want.

DJ Neo XL

Rugal's Thug
I have a couple questions to ask.
1: Did the Japanese AES cart have the fatalities cut out as well?
2: If so has this happened before on Japanese AES releases, mainly King Of Fighters, Fatal Fury and Samurai Spirits? I'm a newbie and would like to know before I buy something if it is cut.

No Means Yes

Banned
DJ Neo XL said:
I have a couple questions to ask.
1: Did the Japanese AES cart have the fatalities cut out as well?
2: If so has this happened before on Japanese AES releases, mainly King Of Fighters, Fatal Fury and Samurai Spirits? I'm a newbie and would like to know before I buy something if it is cut.

There's no difference between the Japanese and American releases, aside from the inserts and the manuals. The reason some old carts play in censored mode is due to the BIOS inside the Neo system itself, not because of differences between carts from different regions.

ROBOTRON

Marked Wolf
When will the new "fixed" carts be done (for sale)?

I'm apologize if this was already asked and answered but I was too lazy to read the entire 5 :multi_co: or so pages.

J

jevahose

No Means Yes said:
There's no difference between the Japanese and American releases, aside from the inserts and the manuals. The reason some old carts play in censored mode is due to the BIOS inside the Neo system itself, not because of differences between carts from different regions.

I have a japanese AES system - typically I haven't had to worry about white blood or any US censorship until I started reading these threads re: SS0S. If I purchase the current unmodded cart, will the fatalities and such still be missing on my JP unmodded system? Thanks for any help.

Oh yeah, the guy who has component outputs on his Neo, thats NUTZ, I'd love some of that, heh.

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
jevahose said:
I have a japanese AES system - typically I haven't had to worry about white blood or any US censorship until I started reading these threads re: SS0SS. If I purchase the current unmodded cart, will the fatalities and such still be missing on my JP unmodded system? Thanks for any help.

Oh yeah, the guy who has component outputs on his Neo, thats NUTZ, I'd love some of that, heh.

Yes the fatallities will be missing but youll have red blood.

Raz

DJ Neo XL

Rugal's Thug
The SSVS MVS is totally uncut right, and I can use a Phantom1 on the Japanese AES next year when I get one to play it right? Do I need a debug bios to use a Phantom1? Should I get a regular NeoGeo next year or should I get one with a debug bios? I'm sorry about all the questions but the NeoGeo is my new obsession right now and since I can't buy one yet all I can do is ask questions.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
If there is no protection on the cart against the phantom 1 then that would be a way around it. The debug bios will not help you get fatals though, only the universe bios will.

Regards, Raz

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Razoola said:
If there is no protection on the cart against the phantom 1 then that would be a way around it. The debug bios will not help you get fatals though, only the universe bios will.

Regards, Raz

Raz, this also meaning a SSZs 'convert' would fully work on an AES with no cersor nor glitch at all?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Shito said:
Raz, this also meaning a SSZs 'convert' would fully work on an AES with no cersor nor glitch at all?

If you mean a converted MVS version then yes. however there could be some protection from stopping a convert from working, this I am not sure of.

Raz

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
sound also fixed???

I think I have just managed to fix the sound problem also after winning a match. I'm not 100% sure what I have is correct so I have made some wav's so someone with the MVS cart can compare. If this is correct then I still won't know if my fix causes side effects but it doesn't seem to in the testing I have done so far.

I also don't understand what they were trying to do when they actually broke the sound but the problem seems to lie in the fact that the rounds won counter for both players is updated right at the end of a round instead of at the point the winning hit is struck (comparing to MVS SSV code). The code to add to the counter on the winning blow is still there but they changed the address thats incremented for some reason I dont follow??? The side affect of this of course is that it thinks a round 2 win is a round 1 win due to the late addition to the counter.

Anyway, Here are 2 wavs. The first is a normal round 1 win and the 2nd is a round 2 win match, both are done with character Haohmaru;

http://www.netti.fi/~seagull/razoola/First_round_win.wav
http://www.netti.fi/~seagull/razoola/Second_round_win_match.wav

Raz

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
you made my life even more complicated now. if anyone wants to send me a free unfixed copy of SSVS, let me know.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
k'_127 said:
you made my life even more complicated now. if anyone wants to send me a free unfixed copy of SSVS, let me know.

Hang fire, I don't know if these sounds are correct yet but at least the flute is now playing.

Raz

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
From hearing these wavs it sounds perfect to me. Ippon follows the first rounds and Sobuari follows the final round. In SS5 Special the conclusion tune plays a bit later than it does in the first SS5. In other words it appears this sound issue is fixed. :)

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Abster said:
From hearing these wavs it sounds perfect to me. Ippon follows the first rounds and Sobuari follows the final round. In SS5 Special the conclusion tune plays a bit later than it does in the first SS5. In other words it appears this sound issue is fixed. :)

Thats good to here, can anyone else confirm this also?

Raz

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
Razoola said:
Thats good to here, can anyone else confirm this also?

Raz

Raz, I've have some tournament videos of SSVS and it sounds correct. I think you may have solved the sound issue. The only other thing you may want to check is the Zetsumei Ougi. The announcer should say "Zetsumei shouri" when it is performed while the drum music plays through in the background uninterrupted until the next vs screen comes up.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Ralf501 said:
Raz, I've have some tournament videos of SSVS and it sounds correct. I think you may have solved the sound issue. The only other thing you may want to check is the Zetsumei Ougi. The announcer should say "Zetsumei shouri" when it is performed while the drum music plays through in the background uninterrupted until the next vs screen comes up.

Here is a wav of that also, this correct?

http://www.netti.fi/~seagull/razoola/Fatal_victory.wav

If I don't have my sound fix in it just says 'Ippum' I think

Raz

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
Razoola said:
I also don't understand what they were trying to do when they actually broke the sound but the problem seems to lie in the fact that the rounds won counter for both players is updated right at the end of a round instead of at the point the winning hit is struck (comparing to MVS SSV code). The code to add to the counter on the winning blow is still there but they changed the address thats incremented for some reason I dont follow??? The side affect of this of course is that it thinks a round 2 win is a round 1 win due to the late addition to the counter.

Raz

Maybe they did this intentionally? They knew they couldn't remove the violence in time before the release date, so they made the games faulty on purpose expecting for a recall 1-2 months later. When they receive all the "faulty" carts back they can really circumsize the game to their liking. Do you think this is likely?

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Great stuff, I think we now have SSVS original AES release running the same as the MVS release, of course you'll need the unibios 2.0 though :) Thinking about this winning fatality sound "Zetsumei shouri", thats probably what they tried to remove but broke the normal ending sounds in the process.

So we now have a fully working SSVS on the original AES release, man people are going to be angry if the revised version can't have full fatalities removed with unibios. I have a feeling that they are going to change the anim on the more brutal ones but who knows. I thinks the original AES carts are gonna jump in price now.

Raz

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Ralf501 said:
Maybe they did this intentionally? They knew they couldn't remove the violence in time before the release date, so they made the games faulty on purpose expecting for a recall 1-2 months later. When they receive all the "faulty" carts back they can really circumsize the game to their liking. Do you think this is likely?

I really don't think so. A recall is EXPENSIVE. A normal delay would worked best, from every point of view.

I thinks it's because the fatalities themselves. The SSVS fatalities are like the old ones, where you must defeat the opponent to kill him, or just do it when his energy is flashing or something?

If it's the first case, the round just must get considered won when after the move, cause the game must 'wait' the required time for the fatality.

Or they just made a last hour modification in the round marking when locking the fatalities and forgot to put it back in the rush. It's the most likely.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
Razoola said:
Great stuff, I think we now have SSVS original AES release running the same as the MVS release, of course you'll need the unibios 2.0 though :) Thinking about this winning fatality sound "Zetsumei shouri", thats probably what they tried to remove but broke the normal ending sounds in the process.

So we now have a fully working SSVS on the original AES release, man people are going to be angry if the revised version can't have full fatalities removed with unibios. I have a feeling that they are going to change the anim on the more brutal ones but who knows. I thinks the original AES carts are gonna jump in price now.

Raz

Cream Dream.

Ralf501

Crossed Swords Squire
Razoola said:

Raz

So Raz, when is Version 2.0 expected for release? I don't plan on playing SSVS anymore until I have the new Unibios installed. It will make it seem like a totally new game now.