Post Your Recent Purchases!

Locutus73

Tarma's Gun Polisher
The input lag may be your tv though. I have the game and don't have any lag on my monitor that I use.
Well, I used the same setup (projector in my bedroom, console in living room, HDBaseT Video extender (no lag) and Bluetooth through a wall) for both Metal Slug XX on PS4 and Metal Slug 1 on FinalBurnAlpha Retroarch core on my 6600K@4.7GHz Win10 PC with 8bitdo Bluetooth pad and/or DualShock 3. So same conditions for both. I didn’t perform any scientific test (240FPS video with joypad and screen in the same video counting frames between button press and character jump) but there’s a solid difference between them. On MSXX (PS4) I can very quickly tap X and Marco jumps when my finger is already off, something I noticed immediately; with MS1 (PC) Marco jumps much quicker, nothing I can notice. I would rule out DualShock 4 adding more lag going through wall, because main menu responds quickly.

Regards.

Locutus73

Last edited:

Locutus73

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Great game and I'm glad the game is presented in the 4:3 ratio instead of trying to shoehorn it into 16:9.
Yup! There are two options for 4:3 (different sizes) and one for 16:9. There are several scanlines options too.

I like the game much more than say Metal Slug 6, that's for sure.
I didn’t play MS6, but this one is great fun for sure!

Regards.

Locutus73

Locutus73

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Sucks at game.

Blames lag.

No, no, I don’t blame lag, I wrote “I suck” in my first sentence. It’s just that I feel more lag than MS1 on an emulator on the same display. I still don’t have a MVS (waiting for my HAS Supergun) to compare MS1 on the same setup. Anyway it’s great fun even if I spend tons of money with continues :glee:

Regards.

Locutus73

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Retroarch now has the run ahead frames so that's kinda moot at this point. There is inherent lag in bluetooth anyway, this has been proven. You want to see lag? Get the PS2 MS collection on PS4, that's like the worst I've ever seen.

Locutus73

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Retroarch now has the run ahead frames so that's kinda moot at this point.
Yeah, I know Run-Ahead, great promising technology; I really love Retroarch. But I’m keeping it disabled for now, so no run-ahead in my comparison. My Retroarch setup has greater or equal (best case scenario) lag than a MVS.

There is inherent lag in bluetooth anyway, this has been proven.
Yup, you’re right. I used Bluetooth at same distance (with a wall between) both for PS4 with DualShock 4 and PC with 8bitdo SNES replica and/or DualShock 3. I don’t think DS4 is more laggy and it’s snappy in the main menu anyway.

You want to see lag? Get the PS2 MS collection on PS4, that's like the worst I've ever seen.
I read that the collection is a lag fest on both PS2 and PS4. Luckily I never tried it.
Someone says the single releases on PS4 are better.

Regards.

Locutus73

Last edited:

abathur

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Retroarch now has the run ahead frames so that's kinda moot at this point. There is inherent lag in bluetooth anyway, this has been proven. You want to see lag? Get the PS2 MS collection on PS4, that's like the worst I've ever seen.

Can confirm. PS2 MS Anthology on PS4 is the NG CD loading times of input lag.

Locutus73

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Did anyone actually compare the PS2/PS4 Anthology to PS4 MSXX? Just for curiosity.
I’m tempted to perform a “scientific test” recording PS4 MSXX and Retroarch MS1 with 240FPS iPhone slowmo in order to count frames between button press and character jump. My gut feeling is that MSXX has some tenths of seconds, less than half second of lag. Probably it would make more sense to perform a test as soon as I get my MVS. But I know I’m a lazy bastard and probably I will never do that.

Regards.

Locutus73

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Did anyone actually compare the PS2/PS4 Anthology to PS4 MSXX? Just for curiosity.
I’m tempted to perform a “scientific test” recording PS4 MSXX and Retroarch MS1 with 240FPS iPhone slowmo in order to count frames between button press and character jump. My gut feeling is that MSXX has some tenths of seconds, less than half second of lag. Probably it would make more sense to perform a test as soon as I get my MVS. But I know I’m a lazy bastard and probably I will never do that.

Regards.

Locutus73

Who the fuck cares? Just play the fucking game and stop bitching about "lag" as a excuse for your lack of skill.

Locutus73

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Who the fuck cares?
I care since I'm curious.

Just play the fucking game and stop bitching about "lag" as a excuse for your lack of skill.
I'm actually enjoying MSXX. I would lack skills even without lag. I mean I'll suck at MS even when I get my MVS and play through OSSC... I'll still lack skills, I'll still enjoy MS and I'll still be curious about lag.

Regards.

Locutus73

Locutus73

Tarma's Gun Polisher
He's from Italy, they're all crazy just check out their side of the forums.

You're totally right. To be honest sometimes I find harder to read posts in the Italian section in my mother language due to weird slang used and weirder thread titles than reading English posts here. :eek:

Regards.

Locutus73

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member

Run ahead feature is pretty cool much like frame delay in mame, but it does nothing for sound delay last I remember.

Also lol 86 continues.

In any case got some more relics from the past.

BUuhqnah.jpg

Ac6Do48h.jpg

Got the gay wrasslin shirt and sunglasses from Pro Wrestling Tees, Hamburger Time from Galloping Ghost, and Sonic from Level 257 in Chicago.

7P71NUxh.jpg

and last but certainly not least, tips and tricks that I will have a private screening for should anyone want to know them.

FJSVORch.jpg

Last edited:

Locutus73

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Run ahead feature is pretty cool much like frame delay in mame, but it does nothing for sound delay last I remember.
Do you refer to Audio Latency setting? Now it’s all consolidated under Latency menu.
D660BCCA-40A3-41F1-9710-72669276111F.png

Also lol 86 continues.
It was my first run, lying in bed, with a DS4, half asleep... Honest... I ran out of gas! I--I had a flat tire! I didn't have enough money for cab fare! My tux didn't come back from the cleaners! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!!!

Regards.

Locutus73

Juju_37700

n00b
Thx to Vendest for KOF 2000. Arrived today, very good condition and I enjoy it. Merci :-J

KOF_2000.jpeg

Last edited: