Post Your Recent Purchases!

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Got a couple more shooters in the last few days...I'm really liking a lot of what Renovation published on the Genesis. I found Belmont's Revenge with the manual over the weekend in a bin at the one game store here in Charlottetown. I normally don't buy loose preferring to hold out for complete, but the owner (who has amazing, pre-2010 pricing) was practically giving it away, so I'll hunt down a box at some point. The game's awesome, and was one of the last three on my 'to get' list.

csGsQ0M.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Sol Deace is interesting, the first couple of levels aren't that bad then the difficulty goes through the roof. I like the ost on both the cart and the CD version.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Sol Deace is interesting, the first couple of levels aren't that bad then the difficulty goes through the roof. I like the ost on both the cart and the CD version.

I could have sworn this used to be called Sol Feace, yet there it is on the box.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Sol Teace (32X) > Whip Rush

I was actually playing Sol Deace a few days ago. It is dece!

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
Got a couple more shooters in the last few days...I'm really liking a lot of what Renovation published on the Genesis. I found Belmont's Revenge with the manual over the weekend in a bin at the one game store here in Charlottetown. I normally don't buy loose preferring to hold out for complete, but the owner (who has amazing, pre-2010 pricing) was practically giving it away, so I'll hunt down a box at some point. The game's awesome, and was one of the last three on my 'to get' list.

csGsQ0M.jpg
Belmont's Revenge box is a bitch to find, and can cost you a couple hundred bucks if you're not very lucky ... But it's a very good game, and a must have on the Gameboy.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
My Saturn showed up today with region free and fram mods along with a Phoenix modchip.

Also

20180530_003443.jpg

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Sega-cd game is just a disc only copy of soul star,japanese version.I went that way since it was the cheapest option to buy.
jYoRUbF.png

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Love the art on that Mega CD Soul Star disc - way better than the boring blue US version. Great game too - definitely a hidden gem once you adjust to the floaty controls. Dat music...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Sol Teace (32X) > Whip Rush

I was actually playing Sol Deace a few days ago. It is dece!

I tried playing Sol Feace for the first time in ages the other day, it totally crushed me. I can't even say if the game is good or not, I died way too quickly to really tell.

-SD-

Camel Slug
Cool, didn’t know this was out today; £15.99/$19.99 on PSN...

@Locutus73 have you tried it yet? Is it good, how does it look in 1080p/4K?

I preordered this ages ago and now it’s arrived so I can get my Capcom vs SNK groove on:

oiTA6qe.jpg

j0iv6lo.jpg

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member

I preordered this ages ago and now it’s arrived so I can get my Capcom vs SNK groove on:

oiTA6qe.jpg

j0iv6lo.jpg

How is it? Any issues?

-SD-

Camel Slug
No, it’s just that I have a couple of HRAP4 Kai sat here that are my main sticks so I might as well use them. And I’d never be able to find an official DC stick in a condition I was happy with at a price I was happy with now anyway, even if I did go that route...

Anyway, I’ll test it in a bit after I’ve had me dinner. I got a bit sidetracked with Metal Slug XX.

Locutus73

Tarma's Gun Polisher

Just finished my first run with... ehm... 86 continues... i know, I suck.
How does it look? I tried at 1080p and it looks very good. I’m not expert enough to say if it misses some frames, but to me it looks pretty good.
How does it sound? Again very good. The announcer speaks both on the display and on the joypad (and there’s rumble).
Is it fun? C’mon, it’s Metal Slug, it’s deadly fun!
How does it play? Mmmhh... input lag... you can feel it, you quickly tap on X and Marco jumps when your finger is off the button. Does it ruin a casual run like mine (again 86 continues)? Nope, but it’s definitely there (worse than MS1 on FBA Retroarch core on my 6600K@4.7GHz and Bluetooth 8bitdo joypad) and I don’t think you can 1CC the game with that lag (again, I’m not so expert and I never 1CCed any game).

Regards.

Locutus73

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Just finished my first run with... ehm... 86 continues... i know, I suck.
How does it look? I tried at 1080p and it looks very good. I’m not expert enough to say if it misses some frames, but to me it looks pretty good.
How does it sound? Again very good. The announcer speaks both on the display and on the joypad (and there’s rumble).
Is it fun? C’mon, it’s Metal Slug, it’s deadly fun!
How does it play? Mmmhh... input lag... you can feel it, you quickly tap on X and Marco jumps when your finger is off the button. Does it ruin a casual run like mine (again 86 continues)? Nope, but it’s definitely there (worse than MS1 on FBA Retroarch core on my 6600K@4.7GHz and Bluetooth 8bitdo joypad) and I don’t think you can 1CC the game with that lag (again, I’m not so expert and I never 1CCed any game).

Regards.

Locutus73

I doubt it's missing any frames as it was a Nintendo DS game first then ported poorly to the psp. The input lag may be your tv though. I have the game and don't have any lag on my monitor that I use. Great game and I'm glad the game is presented in the 4:3 ratio instead of trying to shoehorn it into 16:9. I like the game much more than say Metal Slug 6, that's for sure.