Post Your Recent Purchases!

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
A very common game, but new and sealed. Kind of hate to open it but games are meant to be played.

image.jpeg

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Got in a Sega CD lot today that was untested. I couldn't get a straight answer if a JP MD and a USA Sega CD were compatible, the answer is no. But at least I know the unit powers on. I'll have to ask around to get a switch put on and see about a region free bios.
If I remeber correctly you can boot any region BIOS (even a region free one) into whatever CD addon you have using an Everdrive...
might want to check that out.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
A very common game, but new and sealed. Kind of hate to open it but games are meant to be played.

846fd2489d12542c6ae71a06120ed924da89c7534e4f15b1765aa5c3979fe510.jpg

ApolloBoy

Edo Express Delivery Guy
If I remeber correctly you can boot any region BIOS (even a region free one) into whatever CD addon you have using an Everdrive...
might want to check that out.
I used to do that with my Japanese MD and European Mega CD II, but I ran across some games that were incompatible, so I wound up modding the Mega CD with a region-free BIOS and I haven't had any issues since.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I've finally bent over and got me...
PS4 Call of Douchies Edition and a 2nd Controller...(They didn't have any other bundle)
2 Hori FC4 Gamepads, pretty decent for fighting games.
2 Hori RAP4 Kai, gonna plug them extra buttons, 8 buttons are so lame...
One Chanbara Chaos
Batman AK
Shadow of Mordor
WWE2k16

Did get Mortal Kombat X but returned it after realizing MKXL is coming next month with all the add-ons, so...
Wanna get...

DOA5 Last Round
DOA Extreme 3
Guilty Gear XRD
SF4 Ultra
SFV

I might get one of the Demon Souls series, just not sure yet...
$30 shipped and it could be yours. I've got it on ebay since I won't be using it.

I appreciate it but I already have it. You should def sell it, it'll go quick for that much.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Eg, I'd appreciate if you could post some impressions of that gamepad after you've broken it in. I've got stick parts coming in but would really like a decent pad as well in case my arthritis acts up and I want to Street Fight.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
PS4 Call of Douchies Edition and a 2nd Controller...(They didn't have any other bundle)
One Chanbara Chaos
Batman AK
Shadow of Mordor
WWE2k16

Did get Mortal Kombat X but returned it after realizing MKXL is coming next month with all the add-ons, so...
Wanna get...

DOA5 Last Round
DOA Extreme 3
Guilty Gear XRD
SF4 Ultra
SFV

I appreciate it but I already have it. You should def sell it, it'll go quick for that much.

You're gonna hate Demon Souls.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Glad to see you got that x360 wonder pack!!!!
Thanks :) Managed to get some time to play Escatos during a lunch break, will hopefully get more time to play it this weekend.

One Chanbara Chaos
Batman AK
Shadow of Mordor
WWE2k16

Wanna get...

DOA5 Last Round
DOA Extreme 3
Guilty Gear XRD
SF4 Ultra
SFV

I'm waiting for the latest version of XRD to release this summer. DOA5 Last Round is an amazing game especially since I think its also a budget title for PS4.
I'd recommend also: Nobunaga's Ambition, Life is Strange, Shovel Knight (if you lack a wiiU), and The Last of Us.

I also watched my brother play Fallout 4... we tried to find my apartment complex, wasn't there but amusing nonetheless. I think the headsets are also nice, lets me play on the ps4 late at night without annoying the neighbors.
Vita remote play... leaves much to be desired. I've never been able to get a stable wifi connection, we have 80+ competing routers that just makes it impossible to use.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Eg, I'd appreciate if you could post some impressions of that gamepad after you've broken it in. I've got stick parts coming in but would really like a decent pad as well in case my arthritis acts up and I want to Street Fight.
I actually played quite a bit with the pad on MAME to give it a true test...

For starters the pad also works with PS3, you can play classics downloaded to your PS3 but it's not backwards compatible...

There's a pivot to the D-pad so you can set it at your preffered angle between 0-20 degrees.
There's a diagonal detector adjustment to control sensitivity.
Turbo stuff.
Macros to just the shoulder buttons.
Switch to change the shoulder button configuration, in other words; You can have all 8 action buttons on your right hand side.

Performance...

First of all, I'm the worse when it comes to judging D-Pads 'cause I solely judge them on their ability to allow me to play fighting games without feeling like I need a stick. However, every time I play with D-Pads I feel handicapped, like a gimp, so I only do it when I play casually. With that said I'll highlight the good things about it and the not so good things at the end, keep in mind the gamepad is great, so if you don't wanna read, just get it, it's worth it.

The Good:

Great ergonomics, extremely comfortable in your hand, quality build.
Great action buttons, nice spacing between the 6 buttons, good size too.
Beautiful design, very fancy looking, too bad it's not wireless but being wired keeps it legit when playing for keeps I guess.
Simple controls for extra features, easy to understand and simple to execute, no riff raff.

The Bad:

Takes some serious tweaking the D-Pad to get it just right where you need it at first, once you find your area it becomes much easier to adjust.
Had to switch a lot the config of the D-Pad to play between motion characters and charging charatcters. This could be due to my inability to play with a D-Pad proficiently though.

Also, I did get the FC3 and it had all the good things that the FC4 has but none of the configurations on the D-Pad so it looses big time 'cause that D-pad is a stiff POS.
I was thinking of opening it up and tweaking it like I have done in the past with D-pads that suck really bad.

D-pads still suck no matter what but...Logitech gets real close with the precision series, those D-pads I can swear for them, they have springs, the engineering in them is excellent, I couldn't recommend them more, I wish Logitech would make peripherals for Sony and Microsoft again, the same tech found in the PS2 and XBOX remains, but the shape of the gamepad is now like their PC counterpart. My favorite is the wired precision, no analog sticks, which makes it great for me as I hate them sticks with a passion if I'm playing a game that doesn't need it. The Cordless Rumble Pad 2 is the best one though, it does have analogue sticks but it's wireless, it feels excellent and it's heavy duty, that's my MAME pad, I cleared Broforce on steam with it, you know that games takes twitchy reflexes...

Anyway, that's my take on the Pad. If you like the Saturn pad, you're gonna be in heaven.

PS: I wish the PS4 Dual Shock D-Pad had the clicky feel the XBOX One D-pad has...

I know, I wish these games had a better combat system, not saying a hack slash extravaganza, that would take away from the strategy, I just want better, tighter combat. I forgot the name of the new Bloodborne or something, is that a better game?

@Bloody, thanks man I didn't know GGXRD was gonna get an update on PS4, I might wait then 'cause I have XRD on PS3 and I wanted the PS4 solely for the 60FPS, so I'll just wait...

I'm not into the fallout exploration type games, not into RPGs, not into story telling games either, I just like mostly action and arcade minded titles.

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Thanks eg, I think I'll go pick one up. You're right about this Logitech pads, they are legit as fuck, wish they made a 6 button layout fightpad.

lions3

Igniz's Servent

the Dark Souls games are some of the best "new" games i've played in years. Love them.

If you've never played get Dark Souls 2. It's a little easier and there's a ring that saves your souls when you die. It breaks after using but the blacksmith can repair. The first Dark Souls has the same ring but once it breaks it's done. So in that game, I always keep my souls low when exploring new areas. That way WHEN you die, you're not pissed you lost a few experience levels worth of souls.

Oh and in these games there's no such thing as cheesing... get a bow and snipe enemies when needed. If you've played any MMO, you're familiar with the agro stuff.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
the Dark Souls games are some of the best "new" games i've played in years. Love them.

If you've never played get Dark Souls 2. It's a little easier and there's a ring that saves your souls when you die. It breaks after using but the blacksmith can repair. The first Dark Souls has the same ring but once it breaks it's done. So in that game, I always keep my souls low when exploring new areas. That way WHEN you die, you're not pissed you lost a few experience levels worth of souls.

Oh and in these games there's no such thing as cheesing... get a bow and snipe enemies when needed. If you've played any MMO, you're familiar with the agro stuff.

I've known him for over a decade, trust me, he's gonna hate these games.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Thanks eg, I think I'll go pick one up. You're right about this Logitech pads, they are legit as fuck, wish they made a 6 button layout fightpad.
No prob man, glad you're getting one.

I've known him for over a decade, trust me, he's gonna hate these games.
You're right, the sole reason I'm so curious is due to watching RepX play them, he's all kinds of crazy and makes the game look great but then when I tried it one I was so bummed out the controls sucked so hard and the dorky faces didn't help either. I know I'm doing something wrong on the gameplay dept. that's why I keep thinking there could be a chance. I'm not into Skyrym stuff but Dark Souls seems to have a more direct approach to the fights...I dunno, maybe I'm just wasting my time and should stick to what I know.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
You're right, the sole reason I'm so curious is due to watching RepX play them, he's all kinds of crazy and makes the game look great but then when I tried it one I was so bummed out the controls sucked so hard and the dorky faces didn't help either. I know I'm doing something wrong on the gameplay dept. that's why I keep thinking there could be a chance. I'm not into Skyrym stuff but Dark Souls seems to have a more direct approach to the fights...I dunno, maybe I'm just wasting my time and should stick to what I know.

Have you played any of the Crown series by Vanillaware?

Odinsphere is getitng an HD release on PS4.

If you like mindless murder of thousands with one blow... Dragon Quest Heroes is on PS4, I'm considering getting it myself, but the lack of multiplayer is :(

And again they made Shovel Knight for PS4, that game is hilarious.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Received a new fluid head video tripod this morning from Amazon (Prime next day delivery FTW!). Silky smooth pans and tilts.

Magnus VT-4000

IMG_1073.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
On EGs recommendation I picked up a Hori Fighting Commander 4 from Gamestop (It's $29.99 there right now) and used it a bit on Ultra sf4 and Double Dragon.

I must say, I quite like it. It's no Saturn pad, but I could immediately execute most anything I wanted in sf4, and thanks to the l/r switch it's one of the few pads that I can assign all three punches and kicks to the R buttons. The buttons are spaced so that it's really easy to do simultaneous button presses for throws and focus attack as well. They aren't bad for mashing either, this would probably work well with shooters.

The only bad thing is that although it's pretty comfortable, it's a bit large for my tiny girl hands. Still, I think it's probably my best pad option for Ultra and probably SFV. I could have got an adapter to use the Saturn pad but it's really hard to do throws and ultra on it with the simultaneous button presses, which the Hori excels at.

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I picked up a Hori FC4 from GameStop too. Found a local store yesterday that still had one.

Haven't had a chance to use it yet, but it feels very nice.

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Finally! haha

Next year it will be "secret customs" instead of "secret santa" for you xsq :keke:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Tekken Card Challenge is a fantastic game and my favorite on the wonderswan, I only have a handful of games for it though...hopefully you'll play it...can this game be considered a RPG...maybe...but too cool to be a RPG anyway.