Nintendo Switch

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
You get used to it. Restart and get the free Defender gear for an easy playthrough till you hit the elites.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I did and found it too busy. Too much grinding, too much busywork, too annoying to get the materials for the gear, overly complex quality of life and a needlessly complicated hub.

I know its popular. I didn't connect with it.
This is how I felt about most Monster Hunter games. I tried to like them and they never really clicked with me, lots of backtracking and grinding. The monster fights were exhilarating, but not enough to justify the need for cooking, crafting, hunting, etc. It wasn't my jam but I can see why people would put hundreds of hours into it

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
This is how I felt about most Monster Hunter games. I tried to like them and they never really clicked with me, lots of backtracking and grinding. The monster fights were exhilarating, but not enough to justify the need for cooking, crafting, hunting, etc. It wasn't my jam but I can see why people would put hundreds of hours into it

100% how I feel.

Big difference between saying 'this game sucks' and 'this is good but it isn't for me.'

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
I watched the 1st 3 episodes. It gets an ok from me but it's pretty much not a Witcher in terms of enjoyment.

So I've watched the first four episodes and there are things I like about it and things that could stand to be improved.

The CGI monsters could stand to be improved as it regards how the larger monsters look. I was getting some Berserk 2016 'gator folk' vibes and that's not good.

I also think that the story has a hard barrier of entry because the base story just isn't that compelling. Even in the video game, the plot is the least interesting thing: it's all about the combat, the character progression, exploration and Pawn improvement. None of the questline in the game are all that great, either.

The similarities between this and Berserk 2016 are hard to ignore. This looks a LITTLE better than that, but not nearly as good aa the 2012 movie trilogy. But its visual style lacks anything distinct. Berserk 2012 was polished in its appearance and Berserk 2016 TRIED to do something distinct with that 'papyrus' look. Also, Berserk's source material is strong enough to carry a lackluster production for me. I am happy to say, then, that Dragon's Dogma is much better when it's telling stories about the unfairness of living in a feudal class society than when it's advancing the main revenge narrative/questline.

This took off for me with the second half of the second episode, when I realized what was going on in the town with the shitty petty lord. And also the aftermath of what the people did afterwards.

I absolutely loved the third episode from start to finish, even though it would seem Kumo Kagyu's Goblin Slayer has forever changed the perception of the goblin in western fantasy anime. I like Goblin Slayer but I don't need them to ALWAYS be little green rape machines.

I'd definitely watch a longer season, but not too long. 10-13 eps is fine.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Aleste Collection Limited Edition

J74uEUY.jpg

Includes:
-Game
-Special Booklet
-Special Game Gear Micro
-Special Big Window

Pre-order - Available on: 2020/12/24
https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/video-games/40100-aleste-collection-limited-edition-switch-.html

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I'll be getting a switch for the crimzon clover, if it doesn't come out for PS4 too.

Not sure I'll be able to get it running in a blast city, but I'd like to.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'll be getting a switch for the crimzon clover, if it doesn't come out for PS4 too.

Not sure I'll be able to get it running in a blast city, but I'd like to.

I play Crimson Clover Ignition on Steam quite a bit in tate mode. It's a pretty killer game. I can imagine having it on switch handheld with the flip grip will be something I want.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
So, Mario 64 and Galaxy are as good as I remember. Sunshine is still just OK.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Not sure if people are still needing a switch. GameStop in the us still has the animal crossing switch console listed for sale on their website. Not sure how long that will last.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
I still can’t get over how awesome Mario Kart Live is. My kids are going to go nuts over this.

Knud

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Nintendo again going with the cardboard, but this is a really cool idea.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I still can’t get over how awesome Mario Kart Live is. My kids are going to go nuts over this.

Yeah man this looks awesome. Do you need wifi, i might have to just go outside...i dont think i can get any interesting tracks in the house.

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Not sure if people are still needing a switch. GameStop in the us still has the animal crossing switch console listed for sale on their website. Not sure how long that will last.

I just happened to check BestBuy for some odd reason this morning after work and they had em as well.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
they could've translated and ported the remakes instead...oh wait, too much effort.

Exactly!

Im tired of these shitty compilations where they are so cheap they put like 3 mb of games on a 1gig switch card.

Would it realy be that much more expensive to throw the SNES Saga games, and the Ps1 & 2 games on an 8gb SD card? They dont even have to translate them. They could just steal an unofficial patch off any rom site and call it a day.

Buncha cheap, greedy assholes.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
At least they could've added a new color mode (like people did with Super Mario Land 2) and redo the translation...

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Crimzon Clover - World EXplosion
Release date: 29/10/2020

sr5S1pz.jpg

Features:

Refreshing Gameplay
Crimzon Clover puts a much-needed polish on the classic Shoot 'Em Up genre.
Sky Blazing Graphics: Beautiful retro-inspired arcade graphics, revived for the modern gamer in HD (1280x768).
Super-Powered Challenges: Whether you are new to SHMUPs or an old pro, Crimzon Clover has something for everyone.
Cool Replays: Save your best plays to show off to your friends, or to check to see how you can get even better.