New SNK Handheld [Official...believe it or not]

bojay1997

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Gopher? Blazepro?

It's now like getting excited over an AES version of the FC Yobo. Set your expectations low, friends.

Exactly, but that's all this has ever been. Assuming it's real, SNK's only connection to this is licensing their name and the ROMS. SNK is in no financial position to launch anything at this point. In fact, they can barely support the limited new game development they do now. I don't understand why people got so hyped for this so fast other than it being a case of mass wishful thinking.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
A few sites are running with the whole thing is just a fake mock up, nothing more. Then again nothing was ever official from SNK/Playmore or even the company making it. Even if it is fake I hope it got SNK/Plamore's attention and maybe they'll consider licensing out for one of these. I guess it's true when they say, "if it's too good to be true...."

valgalder

Kula's Candy
nothing much more to add, although if this is some sort of real bootleg device - i'm sure the emulation on this will be spectacular :)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If this is fake, then I kinda want to go buy a black Dingoo now and load it with Neo roms, then figure out how to put the Neo logo on it.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
"About 15 years ago, I bought a Neo Geo at an antique store. I paid $1. And I still think I overpaid.". Someone should punch Don Reisinger right in his fucking throat.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Don Reisinger said:
About 15 years ago, I bought a Neo Geo at an antique store. I paid $1. And I still think I overpaid.

I don't believe him at all, but a picture of his 8 inch dick next to the receipt would shut me up pretty quick.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
There's journalism, and there's video gaming journalism.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
"About 15 years ago, I bought a Neo Geo at an antique store. I paid $1. And I still think I overpaid.". Someone should punch Don Reisinger right in his fucking throat.

1067629-cool_story_bro_super.gif

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
The gadget is even mentioned on a dutch newssite, too bad they mention it is from SNK. Who have not responded yet, they said. Lol.
Dead man tell no tales.

nightc1

n00b
If this is fake, then I kinda want to go buy a black Dingoo now and load it with Neo roms, then figure out how to put the Neo logo on it.

The dingoo (A320 model, I'm not sure about the others) is pretty fantastic for this stuff (and CPS1 & 2 as well as the classic 8 & 16bit systems).

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
RevStu says hi.

For all of our new posters: this thread makes excellent light reading for Neo●Geo.com vs. gaming "journalism."

Protip: do NOT drink liquids while reading that thread, monitor damage may result. Especially for our Rot's full-frontal... er... assault.

Last edited:

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
thing is fucking clean, i'd get one soon as it hit shelves.

aria

Former Moderator
LOL. Even the first link made it look like bullshit. No link to a manufacturer? No official press release? Those are all red flags.

Chalk up another one for video game "journalism", which is as inept as it ever was.

Even if, by chance, this was a licensed product, I wouldn't be surprised if its completely mediocre in execution so it can sell more at a lower price point regardless of quality.

NeoTheranthrope

Basara's Blade Keeper
Now the question is: who... and more importantly; why? Because before this is over...

*Puts on shades*

Someone... is going to receive a 300 Mega Shock.

neoXmen

n00b
Why does it look so much like a photo-shopped Iphone 4? If you look closely its obviously a fake. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.