New DavidG special - Jockey GP

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Tonk, I can appreciate you coming forward and disclosing the details of the AF3 fiasco and applaud the fact you are trying to make an attempt at redeeming yourself in all of this. However, why was there all the secrecy, smoke and mirrors to begin with? Why not give full disclosure from the very start? I don't think you'd be in this predicament had you done that. I think the fact that "The Source" was a well known figure in the hobby who had the technical know how to make a conversion/ bootleg game, should've been known from the very start. If it had, then I probably wouldn't have any sympathy for the buyers either. My question is, you knowing the source was DavidG, why did you withold that information from the buyers?

I can see Shawn's point (though I don't agree with it). This "new" and any future "new" conversions being sold in the Neostore at least have the transparency that the carts are what they are, conversions. The smoke and mirror tactics you and DavidG used with AF3 and PS2 alluded to the fact they were genuine. Knowing that DavidG was the source from the beginning, would've cast some serious doubt on that.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
When will the members of this site see what I did 12 years ago?

Just walk away. Quit supporting crime.

Rot sold his soul for a mod position - any other time, he'd be in here siding with me.

Really surprised at a few of you though, tiptoeing the line as not to make anyone mad.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
What do you say that hasn't already been said? What do you do that hasn't already been done?

There is a hypocrisy that runs deep through this site, and it has been here for many years and will be here as long as the site exists.

I don't see it changing because of the people involved, who have manipulated the market to their own ends for years. It's all about the ego and it's all about the money.

RE, KoF 2K US, seeing as I had a complete carton of these things I've probably held more than most. I don't profess to be an expert in AES, I used to know a bit but I got out of the AES scene nearly tens years ago, but if the paperwork was not 100% identical to all the other AES carts I owned at the time, then it was damn close. How much of the package was SNK and how much was NGF, I don't know, but it was a professional looking package.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Tonk, I can appreciate you coming forward and disclosing the details of the AF3 fiasco and applaud the fact you are trying to make an attempt at redeeming yourself in all of this. However, why was there all the secrecy, smoke and mirrors to begin with? Why not give full disclosure from the very start? I don't think you'd be in this predicament had you done that. I think the fact that "The Source" was a well known figure in the hobby who had the technical know how to make a conversion/ bootleg game, should've been known from the very start. If it had, then I probably wouldn't have any sympathy for the buyers either. My question is, you knowing the source was DavidG, why did you withold that information from the buyers?

I can see Shawn's point (though I don't agree with it). This "new" and any future "new" conversions being sold in the Neostore at least have the transparency that the carts are what they are, conversions. The smoke and mirror tactics you and DavidG used with AF3 and PS2 alluded to the fact they were genuine. Knowing that DavidG was the source from the beginning, would've cast some serious doubt on that.

To protect people.

And if you can see Shawn's point, I'm done responding to you.

loegan43

15 Year Member
To protect who and from what?

silverstar

New Challenger
Well, since we're doing full disclosure, then:
Exactly what other games, boards, other SNK-related stuff did DavidG say he had? Did you see actual proof of it?
What other 'releases' did you and he plan? There was talk on KoF2000, did you decide to release AoF3 first, and then PS2? Who called the shots on that?
Did Jockey Grandprix ever get mentioned? I'm wondering if this was another nut stowed away in the storeroom, or it's a newly made?

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
What do you say that hasn't already been said? What do you do that hasn't already been done?

There is a hypocrisy that runs deep through this site, and it has been here for many years and will be here as long as the site exists.

I don't see it changing because of the people involved, who have manipulated the market to their own ends for years. It's all about the ego and it's all about the money.

I know, man.

I just hope with the info I provided, that some of the more intelligent members can put an end to David and Shawn's bootleg factory.

I'm sure Simone is in on it.

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
I have the email BRANDI sent me claiming you saw it. You're a liar.

Sorry Michele, I'm not taking Simone's shit anymore and neither should you.

96c989fd905020e836160ba8dd19f7c9_zpsc920e07d.jpg

Dig yourself out of that motherfucker.

Yeah.

Not sure why Brandi wrote you that.
I spoke with him every day and will ask it.

Again, I did not see the game at all. There was never the chance to do it as Brandi keeps his collection in a safe place. He mentioned he was going to show af 3 to me but he never actually did. Wait for him to post about it tomorrow.
I have no interest at all in looking at a fake game.

I'm not a liar. And you are a thief Tonk. Clear as that.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
The thing that really bothers me is.. why the fuck do we have to be flooded by that shitty KOF2K Chrisr bullshit all the time in EVERY THREAD?

We already know it's official but nobody wants it because it was ruined by the stinky duo.

As for the AF3 bandwagon, I never jumped on Tonk, because I always respected him and I never judge before I listen to both parts of the story.

As for now, all I can say is that some more head will roll.

As the saying says : Mess with the bull... you get the horns.

Now.. Popcorn time again!

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Well, since we're doing full disclosure, then:
Exactly what other games, boards, other SNK-related stuff did DavidG say he had? Did you see actual proof of it?
What other 'releases' did you and he plan? There was talk on KoF2000, did you decide to release AoF3 first, and then PS2? How called the shots on that?
Did Jockey Grandprix ever get mentioned? I'm wondering if this was another nut stowed away in the storeroom, or it's a newly made game?

David claimed to have English Waku Waku 7 and said he has confirmation from Sunsoft that the game is legit. He claimed to have Kabuki Klash English and said a friend owns Pulstar English.

David claimed to have access to the snap lock case mold.

David would never show me a copy of KOF2k - said he never found it.

He told me if he found em he would send them to me and didn't care what I did with them.

I didn't know of PS2's existence until after AF3 was done, called Geddon and told him, to which he replied "That's kinda strange, I'm not getting involved in this." And he didn't.

But I figured that if you had an MVS only game on factory boards, how could it be faked?

Jockey Grandprix was mentioned April of last year.

It cost about $200 or less per cart.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Not sure why Brandi wrote you that.
I spoke with him every day and will ask it.

Again, I did not see the game at all. There was never the chance to do it as Brandi keeps his collection in a safe place. He mentioned he was going to show af 3 to me but he never actually did. Wait for him to post about it tomorrow.
I have no interest at all in looking at a fake game.

I'm not a liar. And you are a thief Tonk. Clear as that.

You're a fucking cunt. So suck Shawn's dick and beg for treats.

I'm not a thief. Never have been and never will be. Just got involved in the wrong shit by a very smart guy.

You saw the game. I heard from more than 1 person.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
The thing that really bothers me is.. why the fuck do we have to be flooded by that shitty KOF2K Chrisr bullshit all the time in EVERY THREAD?

We already know it's official but nobody wants it because it was ruined by the stinky duo.

As for the AF3 bandwagon, I never jumped on Tonk, because I always respected him and I never judge before I listen to both parts of the story.

As for now, all I can say is that some more head will roll.

As the saying says : Mess with the bull... you get the horns.

Now.. Popcorn time again!

Love it, it's like 2001-3 all over again. How you been, handsome?

loegan43

15 Year Member
To protect people.

And if you can see Shawn's point, I'm done responding to you.

I'm not supporting Shawn at all, I think it's sad that he's allowing DavidG to stay in business and allowing him to sell conversions in the Neo Store. The point I'm making is that if someone wants to buy a conversion/bootleg/counterfeit and there is transparency that they are buying a fake, then buy all means, the seller has done his job in being open and transparent about the product being sold.

My question to you again, since you are being open and forthright, is who were you trying to protect and from what? I can't fathom how you'd be protecting anyone other than DavidG and his profits by obscuring the fact DavidG was "The Source".

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I'm not supporting Shawn at all, I think it's sad that he's allowing DavidG to stay in business and allowing him to sell conversions in the Neo Store. The point I'm making is that if someone wants to buy a conversion/bootleg/counterfeit and there is transparency that they are buying a fake, then buy all means, the seller has done his job in being open and transparent about the product being sold.

My question to you again, since you are being open and forthright, is who were you trying to protect and from what? I can't fathom how you'd be protecting anyone other than DavidG and his profits by obscuring the fact DavidG was "The Source".

At the time everything went down, I thought David was going to come out and drop some knowledge on you all. Instead he kept stalling and lying. I had no clue what to say. I trusted that David would fix everything and prove his employment. But it wasn't the case. I also had to protect the buyers. And 4 out of the 6 buyers, I still respect. They are men. They know that may or may not of made a bad decision and don't blame me for it.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Love it, it's like 2001-3 all over again. How you been, handsome?

2K1~2K3 is not coming over again.

I'm great and doing well.

I'd be glad this shit gets over. Now that I finally got into collecting AGAIN.
I'll stay neutral and just spectate the show. I don't really like to get involved in this.
I just don't get it when it comes down to morals. That vulture name of Chrisr comes ALWAYS poluting every thread in here like if he's gonna get any credit for his shitty rep.
Even if you did shit ( it's not my business either... ) , yours would still be a drop of water compared to those two crooks ocean...

Knowing you as I know, I bet some truths will hurt some serious butts...

This ain't far from over.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rot sold his soul for a mod position - any other time, he'd be in here siding with me.

Errr... I wish you'd stop playing silly buggers Mike man... I had already made it plain my position was on the AF 3 being teh fake well before any weird modding nonsense...

..at that stage... it sorta did make your position increasingly untenuable...

I would find the post... but I have a 16 hour day of work tomorrow...

xROTx

PS. All this pent up posting rage... it wouldn't have worked on me before... won't work now...
PPS. I'm off to bed now.. enjoy your night...

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
This is essentially what the Neo scene has turned into.

A bunch of spoiled brats who give not one shit about the games, and only care about looking like hipsters for their small circle jerk groups. Paying $1500 for a bootleg game defies all logic.

Also keep in mind, FTL is one of the biggest pieces of shit in existence. He cries about this thing, but ignores his manipulation of the price guide to give favorable value on carts to his Eurotrash buddies. chamane sums up everything that was ever wrong with the Neo scene in general. The French played a real active hand in ruining the scene with their bootlegging and cart hoarding to drive up values. The French helped to ruin the Neo scene, and I would never get back into it again because of them. Have fun looking at your AES carts in sealed baggies.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
2K1~2K3 is not coming over again.

I'm great and doing well.

I'd be glad this shit gets over. Now that I finally got into collecting AGAIN.
I'll stay neutral and just spectate the show. I don't really like to get involved in this.
I just don't get it when it comes down to morals. That vulture name of Chrisr comes ALWAYS poluting every thread in here like if he's gonna get any credit for his shitty rep.
Even if you did shit ( it's not my business either... ) , yours would still be a drop of water compared to those two crooks ocean...

Knowing you as I know, I bet some truths will hurt some serious butts...

This ain't far from over.

I know man.

This just goes to show that I always have run this forum. It's MINE.

Shawn just pays the bill for me with ultra shady evil doings.

I can't wait until my "friends" who turned their backs on me get to read this. My satisfaction level is at maximum right now.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Lantus360 can't stand me, yet he has the balls to say shit to Shawn.

I love that shit,

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Errr... I wish you'd stop playing silly buggers Mike man... I had already made it plain my position was on the AF 3 being teh fake well before any weird modding nonsense...

..at that stage... it sorta did make your position increasingly untenuable...

I would find the post... but I have a 16 hour day of work tomorrow...

xROTx

PS. All this pent up posting rage... it wouldn't have worked on me before... won't work now...
PPS. I'm off to bed now.. enjoy your night...

Rot, I loved you. I trusted you and would have done anything for you.

You completely turned your back on me. You BELIEVED that I was in on it. Now I proved that wasn't the case.

Do you feel any remorse?

If it were you, I would have stood by your side until you got it figured out.

loegan43

15 Year Member
Was it DavidG's idea to withhold his identity? I still don't see how the buyers are being protected by not knowing the source of these carts was a person capable of producing very convincing conversions.

The more and more this drama had/has unfolded. I think you were victimized in a sense, but you were also blinded by greed. Like you said, many people would have also been blinded by the amount of money being made, though I don't think it's an excuse for being involved in this (which I'm sure you can agree with). I appreciate you trying to make amends by answering questions and hopefully, those answers will help put this whole fiasco behind us.

Hopefully, the community here will not support the current and future sales of DavidG and I wish you the best of luck Tonk.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Just stating the obvious, when the "Reveal" thread was posted with the art images you could browse the photos in the imageshack account and see the JGP custom boards that were produced. It wasn't hard to find.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Well if those community kickstarter campaigns would actually work, we could just raise money for an utopian new website. But it would be sad for all the drama.

Being new here has mainly one advantage—knowing no one you just start with reading old threads. And after a few days of reading you just sit there, speechless and wonder who's right or not. And without having any stake in this whatsoever, I must say that selling anything from DavidG (regardless of quality or bootlegs) is just suspicious and downright dishonest after this community stood up againat NGF. After all Nightmare Tony has debunked a lot of DavidG's claims.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
This is essentially what the Neo scene has turned into.

A bunch of spoiled brats who give not one shit about the games, and only care about looking like hipsters for their small circle jerk groups. Paying $1500 for a bootleg game defies all logic.

Also keep in mind, FTL is one of the biggest pieces of shit in existence. He cries about this thing, but ignores his manipulation of the price guide to give favorable value on carts to his Eurotrash buddies. chamane sums up everything that was ever wrong with the Neo scene in general. The French played a real active hand in ruining the scene with their bootlegging and cart hoarding to drive up values. The French helped to ruin the Neo scene, and I would never get back into it again because of them. Have fun looking at your AES carts in sealed baggies.

That's an excellent point of view.

And moreover, this has proven to be the final landing stage of pure hypocrisy.
30 carts production.
8 remaining to sell.

People fucking KNOW who made 'em.
People know who's selling them.
People talks all the time about the AF3 "gamble".

And yet, people buys from the same "source".

Either they're authentic MORONS or hypocrites. This is nonsense.

Get fooled once, it's a mistake. Get fooled twice, shame on you...

loegan43

15 Year Member
Just stating the obvious, when the "Reveal" thread was posted with the art images you could browse the photos in the imageshack account and see the JGP custom boards that were produced. It wasn't hard to find.

Good detective work James.