New DavidG special - Jockey GP

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Yes. Plus he was building custom boards - and I still don't know what the $28k I sent to JRW Designs paid for.

He claimed he could get the snap lock mold. So who knows if he's making them.
Thanks, Mike. I knew the cart felt different, but never actually compared it to any of my other games. Your answer motivated me to pull out a few carts and I can now confirm that he really had new moulds made. At least we know now why it's taking so long and why NG DEV are still waiting for the cases. My guess is that the delays were/are related to problems with the manufacturing process and not because of the container sitting in customs for months.

I took some pics to show the differences:

Gunlord vs. Matrimelee. Gunlord's shell is less shiny.

shell_01.jpg

Sengoku 3 vs. Gunlord. Same.

shell_02.jpg

Also, compare the SNK logos on the back. Gunlord only has two rounded corners:

shell_04.jpg

Sengoku 3. All four corners are rounded. And the bump in the back is slightly different, too.

shell_03.jpg

I really wish he was more honest about the stuff he can do. If he was he could have been a valueable addition to the community and could have made a ton of money on the forums without having to share profits with anyone. Even though there are slight differences, the quality of the shell feels really nice.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master
What are you talking about?

I don't think I've ever spoken to Shawn about anything ever.

Also for the record. I don't think you are bad guy , just got in over your head. I actually agree with you on many points on this thread. The whole hypocracy of the situation stinks. DavidG should have been run off the forum months ago but he continues to do business here? That's on Shawn and he knows it

And you're right I didn't know all the facts and misjudged you and the situation.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
When I checked this thread yesterday morning there was only 4 pages, I expect it will be on page 30 by tomorrow, got no time to read it all now.
should be a good read but I have moved on from the AOF3 spectacle yonks ago now.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Thanks, Mike. I knew the cart felt different, but never actually compared it to any of my other games. Your answer motivated me to pull out a few carts and I can now confirm that he really had new moulds made. At least we know now why it's taking so long and why NG DEV are still waiting for the cases. My guess is that the delays were/are related to problems with the manufacturing process and not because of the container sitting in customs for months.

I took some pics to show the differences:

Gunlord vs. Matrimelee. Gunlord's shell is less shiny.

shell_01.jpg

Sengoku 3 vs. Gunlord. Same.

shell_02.jpg

Also, compare the SNK logos on the back. Gunlord only has two rounded corners:

shell_04.jpg

Sengoku 3. All four corners are rounded. And the bump in the back is slightly different, too.

shell_03.jpg

I really wish he was more honest about the stuff he can do. If he was he could have been a valueable addition to the community and could have made a ton of money on the forums without having to share profits with anyone. Even though there are slight differences, the quality of the shell feels really nice.

So he bootlegged the real cart shells?

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Well if those community kickstarter campaigns would actually work, we could just raise money for an utopian new website. But it would be sad for all the drama.

Being new here has mainly one advantage—knowing no one you just start with reading old threads. And after a few days of reading you just sit there, speechless and wonder who's right or not. And without having any stake in this whatsoever, I must say that selling anything from DavidG (regardless of quality or bootlegs) is just suspicious and downright dishonest after this community stood up againat NGF. After all Nightmare Tony has debunked a lot of DavidG's claims.

David said Nightmare Tony was full of shit.

Tony and I had a very good friendship and I honestly think Tony is helping me out here. A lot of info has been revealed in the past 2 days.

Tony told me to tell my side of the story. I wish he was still here.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
So you turned your back on me instead of helping? Do you believe that I knowingly scammed people?

Seems you went with the flow of the lynch mob.

My REAL friends stuck by my side.

Oh c'mon dude,
The "money isn't worth it" and yet nothing's gonna make you let go of it.

You're not as clever as you think; not everyone here is easily manipulated into seeing you as a victim.
Stop with the apologies to the forums - we don't need them, don't deserve them (as none of it was ever any of our business).... and you aren't really sorry so much as you just wish you didn't surpass Chris and Dion as the biggest fucking heel on the forum.

And spare us(me) this fucking shit about REAL friends, why act so surprised when this place jumped up your ass: for a grip of cash, you played your part in THE BIGGEST FUCKING HEIST this forum has ever seen. Yeah, things got pretty ugly for you pretty quick....nothings ever free, dude. The money is clearly worth it though...stop lying.

40 grand (or whatever the fuck you made) can either be earned with hard work, or it can be made with dirty, underhanded bullshit.
So of fucking course your balls are gonna get dragged over the coals on here. And the dissatisfaction of one customer(victim) doesn't negate any of the wrongdoing to the rest of the victims. Blaming the one who asked for a refund is some fucking bullshit as well.

That's like raping 4 kids and getting mad at the one who was old enough to remember it "4 months later".

Watching you squirm and squeal like a victim is so unsightly...those excuses for keeping the money are impressing nobody, and the fact that DavidG or Shawn is a bigger sack of shit doesn't make you any less of one.

Some people may pussy out and think you're cool...maybe even start doing business with you again...but there are others on here with sadistic impulses (that supersede all logic and sympathy) when they see a wounded animal squealing for help and forgiveness like you are right now.

Nobody had high expectations from Shawn or this David G cocksucker...but they expected more from you, some even depended on you, but you fucked up, and you're still fucking up.

People here respect you enough to leave you alone (as I will after this post), so show them the same courtesy when you take your scam money and walk away from this place.

Last edited:

TonK

Least Valuable Player
What are you talking about?

I don't think I've ever spoken to Shawn about anything ever.

Also for the record. I don't think you are bad guy , just got in over your head. I actually agree with you on many points on this thread. The whole hypocracy of the situation stinks. DavidG should have been run off the forum months ago but he continues to do business here? That's on Shawn and he knows it

And you're right I didn't know all the facts and misjudged you and the situation.

I thought I read you said something about disagreeing with the carts Shawn was selling, my bad.

I got WAY in over my head. That shit isn't something I can handle, I don't have the patience for it.

I acted shady as fuck for money and a magazine article. Sold myself out for fame. Was not worth it.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Just stating the obvious, when the "Reveal" thread was posted with the art images you could browse the photos in the imageshack account and see the JGP custom boards that were produced. It wasn't hard to find.

Imagine if people actually believed AF3 and PS2, Davids next move would have been to reveal that JGP was slated for a western release and these were the example carts.

Personally i just cant wait to get my hands on a usa version of one of the Mahjong or quiz games!

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Rot, I loved you. I trusted you and would have done anything for you.

You completely turned your back on me. You BELIEVED that I was in on it. Now I proved that wasn't the case.

Do you feel any remorse?

If it were you, I would have stood by your side until you got it figured out.

I've been trying to follow this thread as best I can but seems I missed the part wehre you proved you weren't in on it. Not trying to be a smart ass, but I would like to read that if I've missed.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Oh c'mon dude,
The "money isn't worth it" and yet nothing's gonna make you let go of it.

You're not as clever as you think; not everyone here is easily manipulated into seeing you as a victim.
Stop with the apologies to the forums - we don't need them, don't deserve them (as none of it was ever any of our business).... and you aren't really sorry so much as you just wish you didn't surpass Chris and Dion as the biggest fucking heel on the forum.

And spare us(me) this fucking shit about REAL friends, why act so surprised when this place jumped up your ass: for a grip of cash, you played your part in THE BIGGEST FUCKING HEIST this forum has ever seen. Yeah, things got pretty ugly for you pretty quick....nothings ever free, dude. The money is clearly worth it though...stop lying.

40 grand (or whatever the fuck you made) can either be earned with hard work, or it can be made with dirty, underhanded bullshit.
So of fucking course your balls are gonna get dragged over the coals on here. And the dissatisfaction of one customer(victim) doesn't negate any of the wrongdoing to the rest of the victims. Blaming the one who asked for a refund is some fucking bullshit as well.

That's like raping 4 kids and getting mad at the one who was old enough to remember it "4 months later".

Watching you squirm and squeal like a victim is so unsightly...those excuses for keeping the money are impressing nobody, and the fact that DavidG or Shawn is a bigger sack of shit doesn't make you any less of one.

Some people may pussy out and think you're cool...maybe even start doing business with you again...but there are others on here with sadistic impulses (that supersede all logic and sympathy) when they see a wounded animal squealing for help and forgiveness like you are right now.

Nobody had high expectations from Shawn or this David G cocksucker...but they expected more from you, some even depended on you, but you fucked up, and you're still fucking up.

People here respect you enough to leave you alone, so show them the same courtesy when you take your scam money walk away from this place.

Go fuck yourself. How bout that?

My real friends stood by my side - and angst filled cocksuckers like you think you're gonna accomplish something with your antics.

Facts are out. You are fucking wrong. So take your posse and get the fuck out of my face, punk.

I'm not sticking around, don't worry.

Last edited:

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
To fuck yourself. How bout that?

My real friends stood by my side - and angst filled cocksuckers like you think you're gonna accomplish something with your antics.

Facts are out. You are fucking wrong. So take your posse and get the fuck out of my face, punk.

I said my piece, and I'm gonna leave you alone with these guys. Best of luck.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Looks like it. I guess the collector crowd can be glad that it's not a 100% identical clone but it shows quite a commitment.

I can live with the cart shells since we now don't have to sac any carts to make new games. I wouldn't mind a good mold of MVS shells.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
I guess I know where the money I sent to JRW Designs went.
Their site says something about being able to work with vinyl which reminds me of the clear sleeves that hold the inserts. Depending on the amount of cart shells those $28k (as you say) might me a reasonable sum for a job like this.

Gluing: We can bond most plastics to create your finished good.
Vinyl applications: We can cut and apply vinyl to all finished surfaces to provide the graphics or message you seek.

Btw, I think my pictures prove that he did not get SNKP to pull the old moulds out of storage.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Can w get a comparsion of the Gunlord cart back and the AF3 one?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Can w get a comparsion of the Gunlord cart back and the AF3 one?

That probably wouldnt prove anything. I have a feeling those were sac carts. The repro shells were likely part of the larger master plan to start bootlegging high priced carts and palm them off on the side. Or use them for the home cart 161 in 1 he makes.

Last edited:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
That probably wouldnt prove anything. I have a feeling those were sac carts. The repro shells were likely part of the larger master plan to start bootlegging high priced carts and palm them off on the side. Or use them for the home cart 161 in 1 he makes.
Pretty much this. He seems to have enough Samurai Spirits 2 games that he can use.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Wouldn't it be easier to just remove the label from a SW3 and put the new label on? You wouldn't even need to open the cart.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
That's an excellent point of view.

And moreover, this has proven to be the final landing stage of pure hypocrisy.
30 carts production.
8 remaining to sell.

People fucking KNOW who made 'em.
People know who's selling them.
People talks all the time about the AF3 "gamble".

And yet, people buys from the same "source".

Either they're authentic MORONS or hypocrites. This is nonsense.

Get fooled once, it's a mistake. Get fooled twice, shame on you...

i couldnt sum it up better myself.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Given how anal Tonk always was regarding his reputation, he wouldn't have thrown it away by knowingly participating in a scam. I know there are plenty that do not believe that, and nothing can ever change their mind. They want to believe what they want to, and their mind was made up from the moment something didn't look right. I don't see him pissing away well over a decade's worth of built up reputation over something like this.

He attempted to sell on behalf of Deleo, a member who was banned for notoriously time wasting and rarely delivering on the products he would sell.

Tonk attempted to broker the sale after Deleo was banned.

Tonk did not have the items in his possession. No control over the product.

Deceitful? Of course. It was an attempt to knowingly deceive forum members into engaging in a transaction with a banned (and labelled) scammer.

Do I think Tonk would have covered the cost of the item had Deleo ran with the money? I think he would have.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
He attempted to sell on behalf of Deleo, a member who was banned for notoriously time wasting and rarely delivering on the products he would sell.

Tonk attempted to broker the sale after Deleo was banned.

Tonk did not have the items in his possession. No control over the product.

Deceitful? Of course. It was an attempt to knowingly deceive forum members into engaging in a transaction with a banned (and labelled) scammer.

Do I think Tonk would have covered the cost of the item had Deleo ran with the money? I think he would have.

What was for sale?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
hold on a second

Spoiler:
y'all still mad?

DangerousK

MotoGP and Formula 1 Freak
20 Year Member
Here's a question I have...

Why is it that NGF got so much shit over the past decade for their fake products regardless of them being sold as conversions/bootlegs, yet as soon as the Neo Store starts fronting for DavidG, those who used to talk an ungodly amount of shit about NGF now have nothing to say?

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Know your history

Here's a question I have...

Why is it that NGF got so much shit over the past decade for their fake products regardless of them being sold as conversions/bootlegs, yet as soon as the Neo Store starts fronting for DavidG, those who used to talk an ungodly amount of shit about NGF now have nothing to say?

NGF never sold them as "conversions/bootlegs". They called them 100% official SNK authorized releases. And they even grandfathered ALL of their previously sold carts, going back to the ML days, claiming they always had the rights, etc.

Just ask Sylvio about his Shock Troopers home cart he purchased from them back in 1998. That's where it all hit the fan.