Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member

Someone please explain why there needs to exist a "conversion" of Ghost Pilots on AES. Real ones are not that expensive and hardly anyone wants it.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Also, his images are comically horrendous.

s-l1600.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

Someone please explain why there needs to exist a "conversion" of Ghost Pilots on AES. Real ones are not that expensive and hardly anyone wants it.
An AES game that comes with a mini marquee? WTF?

I'm going to assume it's a backwards conversion, meaning he used whatever AES roms to make an MVS cart or made from leftover parts but either way, there's way more profitable titles to make conversions of.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
An AES game that comes with a mini marquee? WTF?

I'm going to assume it's a backwards conversion, meaning he used whatever AES roms to make an MVS cart or made from leftover parts but either way, there's way more profitable titles to make conversions of.
Yeah, I was surprised to see these converts. Maybe you're right that it's leftover parts. These early carts have really different boards too.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member

Awfully spendy for a truly "gamer condition" copy of Samurai Spirits 3 AES. Did a previous owner lose one too many times?? Cracked cartridge with torn label, even the case is missing the clasp.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230918-215541_Firefox_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20230918-215541_Firefox_1.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 4

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member

Awfully spendy for a truly "gamer condition" copy of Samurai Spirits 3 AES. Did a previous owner lose one too many times?? Cracked cartridge with torn label, even the case is missing the clasp.
That cart fell from a very tall building or was ran over by a motor vehicle...
I have a copy that I think is sh88ty but looks way better than that with the manual.
BB

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
What am I missing here?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Too bad the game is as worthless as a wet shit. And that’s coming from a guy who really digs Gururin.
Please explain the general strategy for how to play Gururin. Do you have to be able to think ahead like with a rubik's cube?

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Please explain the general strategy for how to play Gururin. Do you have to be able to think ahead like with a rubik's cube?
There’s a number of factors, knowing what the items are and when to use them is key. There’s a weight that deletes whatever column it lands on, a tornado that deletes the bottom row of people, a green jewel that gives bonus points for the person it lands on, a samurai helmet head that deletes all people of the same color it lands on and strange arrows that allow the screen to be rotated at increased speed for a limited time. There might be one more that I’m forgetting too.

The game does give an assist if something is cued up and a green right or left arrow will appear, if you go the correct direction before the next group of people drips you’ll get one or more matches and people will go flying in all directions.

My general strategy when starting out is to bundle as many people of the same color close together as possible. If you just turn the screen 90 degrees all the people will fall in-line deleting any empty spaces there many have been in between. If you don’t want that to happen you can hold the button until it’s rotated 180 degrees which flips the people upside down and keeps any blank spaces in between intact.

Simple graphics, amazing morphing backgrounds that change depending on what level you’re on and catchy, fitting music. I’ll agree it did look dated in ‘94 when it was released but regardless I’ve had a lot of fun with it over the years.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Thank you for this. I will keep it in mind. I want to love this game. My main memory of it is seeing it at Wall Drug next to Killer Instinct 2. The game is an interesting unique concept, and has some oddball poor choices in its sound design.

butthurt coconut

Zero's Secretary

It’s understandable when famicom, 2600, N64, or other systems often played by young children end up with cracked carts... But how do AES games end up this way? They were primarily enthusiast purchases to my knowledge, usually owned by adults, mostly collectors... & they were expensive new too... Who neglected it to this point & why? Were drugs or alcohol involved?

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
It’s understandable when famicom, 2600, N64, or other systems often played by young children end up with cracked carts... But how do AES games end up this way? They were primarily enthusiast purchases to my knowledge, usually owned by adults, mostly collectors... & they were expensive new too... Who neglected it to this point & why? Were drugs or alcohol involved?

Angry wife perhaps?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Enthusiasts with children perhaps.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member

s-l1600.jpg

I take it someone goobed all over their Fatal Fury 3 cart and in a guilty fury they reached for the windex or perhaps acetone? Probably also savagely tore open the snaplock case prior to said act with the cart as well (given the listing says the case no longer stays shut).

Last edited: