If by some wierd chance that we all met one day....

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Stormrider_2977 said:
Well seeing as how I never directly went after anyone on these boards, and never saw the point in hating anyone, I'd just want to chill out with the rest of you fucking bastards. (I say that with Hetero affection BTW). HOWEVER, if some of you really think ALL of us would react differently IRL at some get together then your wrong. If someone (the usual suspects who start shit with me, one in particular for no good reason) started shit I'm going to call them on it just like I do everyday of my life to ppl offline. They get 3 chances to let it ride and "be cool" after that... TRUST me, I'll end up having to leave the party because if #4 comes around I don't give a flying fuck how cut you are, bad you are or whatever, YOU WILL have to fight me and YOU WILL get knocked around bad enough that even if I lost the fight, you're going to the hospital.

---Some would say that makes me some kind of loose cannon psychopath, but in reality no one should be starting shit with another person or dissrespecting their personal space once warned. I've been to a few conventions in the past where the differing cliques broke off to do separate stuff, and much later far from the event one or two would get drunk and want to start shit. THEN everyone cries foul when the one tired of being fucked with regulates. I think everyone on these boards are cool in my book, but seriously, I have to stay away more than be in these parts because HERE the Barbarian in me is in top form. I'm usually pretty laid back but always intense. It's for reasons like your theoretical question that I have usually just stayed away from get togethers or show up for an hour or two just to hang back with a few chums and leave. It's been in my personal life experience that there's always one or two that just have to find out if you'll back down or go the distance like your online persona (or known of rep), and at almost age 30 it's really not worth the hassle, the explination to the police, the court dates, the court fees and possibly jail time. And so this lone wolf has spoken and once again departs from the rest of you dysfunctionals.

STORM RIDER

As long as the Grizzley King doesn't whip out his guitar to cover Ted Nugent's Wango Tango, we're all cool, and safe.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I'm not going to lie, Merc scares me.

I mean... Jesus.

Just... Jesus...

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
IMTheWalrus said:
VT, you remember when we had the gathering at your place, and everybody was talking about how Norton and Hendrix weren't going to get along because of all the politics threads. Then they both showed up and absolutely nothing happened. In fact, we had a group of people with lots of opinions across a wide spectrum, and everybody got along just fine.

Nobody gives a shit about what goes on here. We just wanted to play games.

You know, I totally forgot about that.. good point

that was a great time, I'm planning on doing it again soon.. when I get the VF3 conversion done, so we can have 2 cabs running at once.

PUNJABEE

Banned
Stormrider_2977 said:
Well seeing as how I never directly went after anyone on these boards, and never saw the point in hating anyone, I'd just want to chill out with the rest of you fucking bastards. (I say that with Hetero affection BTW). HOWEVER, if some of you really think ALL of us would react differently IRL at some get together then your wrong. If someone (the usual suspects who start shit with me, one in particular for no good reason) started shit I'm going to call them on it just like I do everyday of my life to ppl offline. They get 3 chances to let it ride and "be cool" after that... TRUST me, I'll end up having to leave the party because if #4 comes around I don't give a flying fuck how cut you are, bad you are or whatever, YOU WILL have to fight me and YOU WILL get knocked around bad enough that even if I lost the fight, you're going to the hospital.

---Some would say that makes me some kind of loose cannon psychopath, but in reality no one should be starting shit with another person or dissrespecting their personal space once warned. I've been to a few conventions in the past where the differing cliques broke off to do separate stuff, and much later far from the event one or two would get drunk and want to start shit. THEN everyone cries foul when the one tired of being fucked with regulates. I think everyone on these boards are cool in my book, but seriously, I have to stay away more than be in these parts because HERE the Barbarian in me is in top form. I'm usually pretty laid back but always intense. It's for reasons like your theoretical question that I have usually just stayed away from get togethers or show up for an hour or two just to hang back with a few chums and leave. It's been in my personal life experience that there's always one or two that just have to find out if you'll back down or go the distance like your online persona (or known of rep), and at almost age 30 it's really not worth the hassle, the explination to the police, the court dates, the court fees and possibly jail time. And so this lone wolf has spoken and once again departs from the rest of you dysfunctionals.

STORM RIDER

lol

IMTheWalrus

Pao Pao Cafe Waiter
VanillaThunder said:
You know, I totally forgot about that.. good point

that was a great time, I'm planning on doing it again soon.. when I get the VF3 conversion done, so we can have 2 cabs running at once.

Totally. I was telling EvilMike a few minutes ago that I'm ready to go to another gathering. It's been far too long.

I actually want to have one at my house in the near future. I just need to get a good Saturday for it.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
Seriously, Shawn should host a BBQ and Neo-Geo gathering this summer in Nashville. :)

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I've been to a few different assemblies/gatherings/whatever.

They have all turned out pretty cool, I must admit. Sure, there are some weirdos (some call me a weirdo I imagine), but everyone I've met who posts here has been cool.

• I would call Spinmaster out on his '98 skills and tell him a secret about Tekken
  • I would challenge Bobak to MD3 /me doesn't believe the hype
  • Wes would tremble in fear of my Gato (*coughagaincough)

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'd run up to beatifik and give him a big ole hug.
Then I'd tell him who I am and he'd say "Awwww man!"

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
If there would be like a punch bowl, I'd fucking poison you all.

...Seriously.

But, you know, if there is no punch bowl, I'd pick you off one by one camping in the washroom. Stab the throat with knife, toss out window.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
DARK ANDY said:
If there would be like a punch bowl, I'd fucking poison you all.

...Seriously.

But, you know, if there is no punch bowl, I'd pick you off one by one camping in the washroom. Stab the throat with knife, toss out window.

Soulthug would kick your fucking ass.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
genjiglove said:
Soulthug would kick your fucking ass.

No, see, nobody would be 100% sure that I would do anything, so they would just avoid me as I lurked in the outskirts. But then BAM "hey, I don't feel so good.....urhghh"

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Actually if Andy was invited to this Neo party he wouldn't know what to do, considering he's never been invited to a party.

In a sad twist of fate, maybe he'd drink his own poisoned Kool-Aid (grape flavored of course).

GeoStigma

Loyal Neo-Disciple
I'm sure Corky would bring a gun, go postal and attempt to kill us all...the gun would probably be a Super Soaker though.

:shame:

PUNJABEE

Banned
LoneSage said:
(grape flavored of course).

if it was flavored Rockadile Red, I would drink it even if it had a sign saying "contains cyanide mixed with arsenic and rat poison for taste"

I would die. But I would be happy.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Jesus, what kind of a loser goes after someone because of an internet forum squabble?

Hell no.

Although I might slip a Roofie into Merc's cocktail, and then grease his ass up with KY, just to see the look on his face when he wakes up.

P.S. I'd be using a remote camera for the last part, btw. ;)

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
galfordo said:
Jesus, what kind of a loser goes after someone because of an internet forum squabble?

Hell no.

Although I might slip a Roofie into Merc's cocktail, and then grease his ass up with KY, just to see the look on his face when he wakes up.

You forgot Scatplay and Watersports.. no Storm Ridin' good time is complete without them.

Argentina94

Slug Flyer Pilot
20 Year Member
16-bit said:
Seriously, Shawn should host a BBQ and Neo-Geo gathering this summer in Nashville. :)

All kidding aside, I would definitely spend the weekend in Nashville if a gathering like that was possible.

I can just imagine everyone with nametags: "Hello, my name is DashK/Caris/Drfitking"

Last edited:

beatifik

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
LoneSage said:
I'd run up to beatifik and give him a big ole hug.
Then I'd tell him who I am and he'd say "Awwww man!"

i'd hug you right back, buddy.

AppleiDog

Shamrock Chatster
15 Year Member
GD said:
We should have a big Neo-Geo.com con someday in a central location. I'd take a few vacation days for that. :emb:
i would love to come to a huge one, would even fly to the states, as long as spinmaster X comes so i can show him how ghey rog is.

Hidden Character

Leader of The Hyperstone Heist,
20 Year Member
I'd probably just give a whole buncha, handshakes, hand pounds, high-5s, and maybe a hug or 2.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Don't you guys in other places have meets?

I find that Meets really weed out the fakes.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Average Joe said:
I'm not going to lie, Merc scares me.

I mean... Jesus.

Just... Jesus...

NO reason to be scared of me man, if you've done nothing to me personally (I mean IRL not online) and you can "be cool" and get along... no problems. I just don't take lightly to Bullshit when there's no good reason for it, and I've slammed a few doors over a guy's head and upper torso in my time for not letting shit drop or trying to put their fucking hands on me. A hang out is supposed to be just that... a hang out. It's when people want to start shit, well I came up with a hard assed old man and an even more hard assed grandfather and some shit just doesn't fly man. I mean, in spite of what you might think of me (pure misconception) I'm fairly easy to get along with, but when I tell you to let something ride, you'd better let it fucking ride, have a coke and a smile and change the fucking subject is all. If someone tells me to back off on a certain subject I get the hint, I'd expect the same from others.

galfordo said:

:spock:

Lotta' luck with that dude. I never drink an unopened drink, I don't drink alcoholic beverages, I always keep my back to a wall, and within walking into a room have already figured out how I'd make an emergency exit in case of a FUBAR situation, + also what I might use as a weapon to beat someone's ass if it comes to that. Man don't go faggot on me now.

:oh_no:

VanillaThunder said:
You forgot Scatplay and Watersports.. no Storm Ridin' good time is complete without them.

Golden Spray with a hawt female... sure. Anything beyond that and with anyone other than a hawt female, NOPE.

neobuyer said:
All I know is I want Rarehero to protect me from Merc.

Why? It's true Rarehero is one of the few in this world (friends) who has the ability to talk sense into me when I get "into the zone" and take to the war path, but you don't need no protecting if you don't start shit with me. And I'm a fair believer in the 3 Strikes your out rule even though I hate sports. Besides, what asshole would show up to a get-together with the intent of starting trouble anyhow. But like I said earlier, it's always the guy (or gal sometimes) who defends themselves but does some damage be it to ppl or property indirectly that get booed on, but no one ever holds the idiots starting shit accountable. I think meeting ppl from these boards would be interesting, but whenever a person (be it me or someone else) says "Enough man," or whatever... well then people need to respect that. I usually just try to reason it all out:

"Is this going to be a problem ace? Is this going to matter in 35 mintues or next week? Should you and I lose our freedoms or possibly go to jail over bullshit? If you think so keep it up fuckface! I may not be the baddest, but I don't quit either. THAT's ONE!"

Usually that does the trick. Neither of us have lost face but the motherfucker knows damn good and well I'm in that 2% of the population that isn't going to let shit ride forever, and you will have to face me and get fucked up in the process. Usually I win, but I'd not lie and say I haven't met ppl tougher... but even those condom leaks found out that a man who's willing to fight 10 at a time just doesn't give a fuck. ---SERIOUSLY, I'm surprised at you and a few others with all of this. I'm not talking about stupid shit, I'm talking about things that get waaaaaay outta' hand and ppl need to back off.

norton9478 said:
Don't you guys in other places have meets?

I find that Meets really weed out the fakes.

I used to attend meets back in the days before I found this place, and met a few after coming here in 2002 up in Austin, for an event that for whatever ass brained reason was to be held at the PowerCade @ the Dobie Mall on the same day as a UT football game. Thus everyone showed up much later than I could stay as I had other commitments back home. I did get to meet Vishema and a few others there then and were cool in my book. Since I'm not much of a VS. FIGHTING game fan nor competitive player, when I do go to a get-togther I go to hang out and if someone's got other NEO games or arcade games I play that. When a group has formed worth a damn, it's all about breaking away to hit the city and party and fuck the gaming stuff. Probably why I don't go to many events anymore, within 2 hours I'm bored off my ass.

Yes I've met a few "fakes" in my time.

daybona

Juz,
VanillaThunder said:
I think most people who say they would want to kick my ass would take one look and think differently.

I can vouch for this.

The man picked up my VF3 cab and put it in the back of his truck himself :loco: