Ghostbusters Frozen Empire

neo_mao

moest promoenent moember of chat
15 Year Member
That Patton bullshit is almost bad as the betrayal of Wasabi by M.

@LoneSage knows what’s up, never forget.

Orpheus

One Nut,
20 Year Member

Basically, he's a bitch.

This.

.....A beta bitch to be exact.

Though it should be said that he did come to his senses a bit & admit that he has had a moment to realize how it was fucked of him to denounce his friends & shut them out to apease an idiot hoarde.

Johnny16Bit

Zero's Tailor
I watched Ghostbusters II again a week or so ago and thought "it really wasn't a good sequel"... But I still watched it, and somehow it wasn't unpleasant, even nostalgia aside.
Today's sequels/prequels/reboots aren't "not on par", "disappointing" or "not good" - to me they're just unwatchable garbage :conf: I couldn't even watch the entire trailer for this new ghostbusters feat. the slap-me-senseless kid.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
When's the apology letter get to the part where he throws Dave under the bus?

You guys are gossip goobs. I like Patton Oswalt, and never heard of this scandal.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It's a problem of integrity and loyalty, which Patton showed to the world he has neither. He shoved his friend under a bus because he was playing The Game every celebrity plays, to stay relevant and further their career. Except the way he played it showed everyone what a spineless, slimy, lowlife piece of garbage he was. It was disgusting.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I mean, I love Ghostbusters 1 and 2. Ghostbustettes was stupid as fuck. Afterlife was... eh. Paul Rudd was in it, but... eh.

Honestly this new one looks like it has its place on torrents if I get around to wanting to download it.

If they just got rid of the shit kids and, I dunno had Winston/Venkman/Stantz and then made Rudd a Spengler, that could be cool I guess?

they just all need to get off my lawn.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I mean, I love Ghostbusters 1 and 2. Ghostbustettes was stupid as fuck. Afterlife was... eh. Paul Rudd was in it, but... eh.

Honestly this new one looks like it has its place on torrents if I get around to wanting to download it.

If they just got rid of the shit kids and, I dunno had Winston/Venkman/Stantz and then made Rudd a Spengler, that could be cool I guess?

they just all need to get off my lawn.

hahah all of THIS

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It's a problem of integrity and loyalty, which Patton showed to the world he has neither. He shoved his friend under a bus because he was playing The Game every celebrity plays, to stay relevant and further their career. Except the way he played it showed everyone what a spineless, slimy, lowlife piece of garbage he was. It was disgusting.
This is the same level of celebrity worship that made him think he needs to write an apology in the first place.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
This is the same level of celebrity worship that made him think he needs to write an apology in the first place.

Also, the irony of panicking and apologizing to such a tiny minority of your fanbase that would burn you at the stake over something so trivial. Whooooo cares?!

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
There is only one good Ghostbusters movie. The other three are just increasingly worse versions of the same exact thing. The most recent wasn't even a fucking comedy. Just took the first movie and replaced all the jokes with callbacks. This will be trash. Should've just left it alone after the first movie.
Ghostbusters II , and Afterlife, were decent movies. Afterlife was good for a reboot movie. Maybe not enough jokes, but it was never going to match the original, on that front.

How the fuck did they get Bill Murray to come back AGAIN
When they made Afterlife, they had the plan to bring back the original actors in further sequels.

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The only good that comes from this is that maybe young people discover the original....

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yeah, Patton got too wrapped up in the social media circular firing squad so when it became his turn at the end of the barrels, he groveled instead of doing what any good comedian would do and tell them all to get fucked in the most clever way possible. I still think he's a good standup and a middling comedy actor but that was definitely a low moment for him.

This movie will likely be crap and is wholly unnecessary but hopefully it'll at least be funny unlike Afterlife and the shit remake.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The 2016 remake is watchable as a comedy movie, just not as a Ghostbusters movie. Ghostbusters goobs like Redlettermedia mocked the Zach Woods bit at the beginning for example, but I like weird deadpan comedy like that, so I enjoyed it. Turns out most of the internet is Ghostbusters goobs though, so the Internet universally panned it.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Agree to disagree on that one, man. Comedy is obviously incredibly subjective but the remake just felt like endless improv "yes and-ing" where they kept all of the least funny takes. The saddest part of that movie is that there's some pretty talented people involved but the whole thing was just misguided from the jump. Even when you take away all of the "this is so not Ghostbusters' tone" issues away from it, a lot of the choices (including almost everything with Chris Hemsworth and Kate McKinnon) just gave me douche chills.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Agree to disagree on that one, man. Comedy is obviously incredibly subjective but the remake just felt like endless improv "yes and-ing" where they kept all of the least funny takes. The saddest part of that movie is that there's some pretty talented people involved but the whole thing was just misguided from the jump. Even when you take away all of the "this is so not Ghostbusters' tone" issues away from it, a lot of the choices (including almost everything with Chris Hemsworth and Kate McKinnon) just gave me douche chills.
I respect that. I've only seen it once, with a full theater laughing at the jokes. It's possible if I watch it again in a different mood I'll find it tedious.

The critics gave it 74% on Rotten Tomatoes, so I think there's something to the argument that it was fine for general audiences, but Ghostbusters goobs are the loudest voices online, so people who liked it are afraid to speak up at this point.

Last edited:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
The queef jokes are all anyone needs to know about Ghostbusters 2016.

Also can't forget that touching moment where the ghost in the logo of ghostbusters becomes the big bad guy and the four Girlbusters fire their proton packs directly at the ghost's crotch. Lolololol sooooooo funneee.

Heinz

Wave to the People!
15 Year Member
giphy.gif

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Ghosting Frozen Empire

A sad tale of a young lad from Canada who posts were invisible for a month and no one noticed.