Any mind bending movie suggestions? Post your favorites!

Nickrb

Angel's Love Slave
Solyaris_ussr_poster.jpg

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
The Man from the Earth (2007). Just watch it without checking any relative info or its trailer first ;]

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Beyond the Black Rainbow

Pretty weird movie, I still need to watch it again to really figure out what the fuck was going on, but the ending is definitely something you'd never expect.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
A lot of my favorite movies in general have already been listed here. Donnie Darko is also worth a look.

Edit - The Game is great too.

Last edited:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Memento

The Navigator

Motorama

Solaris (1972)

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
Thanks a ton guys! Man I have my work cut out for me! There are SO MANY awesome flicks in here I have seen too. Loved Moon and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. 2001 a Space Odyssey is one of the greatest films of all time. Videodrome was fantastic as well (had the weirdest dreams that night). The Game is one I suggest to everyone (it makes you mad you can watch it again without knowing the plot). The Prestige was amazing as well. Such a great movie. Memento and Inception also are some of my favorites. So far I am going to start with A Field in England, Pi, and Solaris and just keep working my way through.

A couple random ones I really enjoyed that I stumbled upon

Triange (2009)
13 Sins (2014-currently on Netflix)
Exam (2009-currently on Netflix)

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas is probably one of my all time favorite movies & books.

Abso-fucking-lutly. Can't get enough of that movie.

I recommend Jacobs Ladder and maybe Requiem for a Dream.

Then one of the weirdest movies I've seen is Enter The Void.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1191111/

My friend put this on one night (Netflix, not sure if its still up) and his punk ass went to sleep leaving me to watch this fucked up movie throughout the night by myself. Its not scary per se. Its just really weird.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover

The Spanish Prisoner

Serpent & the Rainbow

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Abso-fucking-lutly. Can't get enough of that movie.

I recommend Jacobs Ladder and maybe Requiem for a Dream.

Then one of the weirdest movies I've seen is Enter The Void.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1191111/

My friend put this on one night (Netflix, not sure if its still up) and his punk ass went to sleep leaving me to watch this fucked up movie throughout the night by myself. Its not scary per se. Its just really weird.

Enter the Void is a pure Gaspar Noë film. Part of the New French Extremism that came out in 2009, this one was more of a narrative film as opposed to his other ones (Irreversible, The Butcher, etc). They focus on sex, grime, violence, and the seediest scenes of the Japanese sex trade.

Enter the Void is a different take on the whole "what happens to the soul after dying" bit. It is very trippy (especially the last scene), but of all his films, I enjoyed it.

The only film that I would tell people to stay away from in this genre is Romance/Romance X. It's a shitty film, shitty plot, with the only saving grace of the German band Das Ich contributing a song for the soundtrack.

My real picks:

The Killing Room

Jacobs Ladder

Mulholland Drive or Lost Highway

Crash

Revolver

Last edited:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Beyond the Black Rainbow

Pretty weird movie, I still need to watch it again to really figure out what the fuck was going on, but the ending is definitely something you'd never expect.

I saw the movie and sought out discussions with the director about the themes. While reading up on the hodge podge of different elements incorporated into it I ran into a good site that has a pretty interesting take on it. Give it a look.
http://www.ckollars.org/beyond-the-black-rainbow.html

Last edited:

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Fantastic Planet (very strange cartoon movie)

The Last Temptation of Christ ( kinda like a Marvel "What if... Jesus didn't die on the cross").

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
The Man from the Earth (2007). Just watch it without checking any relative info or its trailer first ;]

Haha, I actually have a funny story with this movie. I was looking at imdb to help me pick a movie that night (I tend to check the genre, length and review score before I decide) and when I did, I somehow ended up putting this movie's bluray disc by mistake and started watching.

By the time I realized it was the wrong movie, I was already hooked by the story.

So basically, I watched it without any prior knowledge of it, as you said :D

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Shutter Island - certainly worth mentioning.

Castor Troy

The Esfinter that theMot Chupame's
Came in to recommend Primer, Moon, The Prestige, and Pi, but they've been mentioned already.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Not a fan of some of the movies listed. Pi was garbage. Save your time.

If you want to be creeped out, watch Tideland.

If you want to see a trippy but beautiful movie, watch the Fall.

there is also a tv series, currently on netflix, called Black Mirror, from 2011, which is a lot like Twilight Zone.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
The planet of the apes films new and old.

Galder

Crossed Swords Squire
Haha, I actually have a funny story with this movie. I was looking at imdb to help me pick a movie that night (I tend to check the genre, length and review score before I decide) and when I did, I somehow ended up putting this movie's bluray disc by mistake and started watching.

By the time I realized it was the wrong movie, I was already hooked by the story.

So basically, I watched it without any prior knowledge of it, as you said :D

Hehe, yep - that's when its effect truly takes place.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
But seriously (trying to pick movies that I don't remember seeing listed here:
Waking Life
Scanner Darkly
Eraserhead
Slaughterhouse V

Last edited: