Any mind bending movie suggestions? Post your favorites!

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I always enjoy mind bending movies with an intricate plot. I've seen a bunch of lists online and watched some of the movies listed, but there are still many "diamonds in the rough" I have not seen. I know you guys know of some gems out there and I would love to hear about any of your personal favorites!

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
I always enjoy mind bending movies with an intricate plot. I've seen a bunch of lists online and watched some of the movies listed, but there are still many "diamonds in the rough" I have not seen. I know you guys know of some gems out there and I would love to hear about any of your personal favorites!

American Psycho, The Shining, Eyes Wide Shut are some of mine.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Check out "A Field in England" it's very recent and one I enjoyed a ton

Gozer

Armored Scrum Object
Primer went beyond bending my mind and broke it.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member

Just watched American Psycho again. My wife had never seen and she loved it. The Shining is one of my all time favorites. I've heard a ton about Eyes Wide Shut, but got around to seeing it. I will definitely give it a shot.

Check out "A Field in England" it's very recent and one I enjoyed a ton

Awesome! I will definitely check it out. I always like to see something newer in this genre.

Primer went beyond bending my mind and broke it.

Yeah that movie was a mind destroyer :) I love all the charts and descriptions of the movie online.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member

Kubrick's good at that; I'd definitely also recommend his 2001: A Space Odyssey. Other filmmakers who frequently make complex, mind-bending movies include Terry Gilliam (Brazil, 12 Monkeys, Fear and Loathing), David Lynch (Blue Velvet, Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive), David Cronenberg (Videodrome, Naked Lunch, eXistenZ), Charlie Kaufman (Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), Darren Aronofsky (Pi, Black Swan), and to a lesser, more mainstream extent Christopher Nolan (Memento, The Prestige, Inception).

I'll also throw out Jacob's Ladder, In the Mouth of Madness, the entire Phantasm series, Moon, Source Code, and the animated gem I Married a Strange Person!

GeePM

Armored Scrum Object
Kubrick's good at that; I'd definitely also recommend his 2001: A Space Odyssey. Other filmmakers who frequently make complex, mind-bending movies include Terry Gilliam (Brazil, 12 Monkeys, Fear and Loathing), David Lynch (Blue Velvet, Lost Highway, Mulholland Drive), David Cronenberg (Videodrome, Naked Lunch, eXistenZ), Charlie Kaufman (Being John Malkovich, Adaptation, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), Darren Aronofsky (Pi, Black Swan), and to a lesser, more mainstream extent Christopher Nolan (Memento, The Prestige, Inception).

I'll also throw out Jacob's Ladder, In the Mouth of Madness, the entire Phantasm series, Moon, Source Code, and the animated gem I Married a Strange Person!

Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas is probably one of my all time favorite movies & books.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Gigli.

Blows my mind that it actually got funding in the first place.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Ahahahaha, I didn't know your clips were featured on Tosh.0. I'm gonna have to find that episode. You should probably be getting paid for that too, if you aren't already.

No:(

...I feel fooked over:(

xROTx

PS. I counted 5 words in that reply and 2 smilies.... take note Norton and Smokehouse... that's how it's done...

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
No:(

...I feel fooked over:(

xROTx

PS. I counted 5 words in that reply and 2 smilies.... take note Norton and Smokehouse... that's how it's done...

:crying:

You at least have your videos monetized though, right?

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
When I hear the phrase 'intricate plot' I automatically think of the Psychological Thriller genre. Check out "The Machinist" if you haven't already.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Was about to mention that. Other recent movies are Cloud Atlas, Synecdoche New York and Vanilla Sky.

Moon is so good! I also enjoyed Vanilla Sky very much, despite Tom Cruise. I hear it's actually based on a foreign film "Open Your Eyes..."

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Blue

White

Red

All 3 movies in one sitting, in the above order.

It's such a trip!