ODYSSEY WITH TERRAONION

Hasi

n00b
I want to share my story with Terraonion!

Last June I sent them my NeoSD AES for repair after I tried multiple times to reach them.

After getting an invite to their Discord channel, they answered me and send me their postal address to ship the broken cartridge. They said it will be inspected and returned in September.

After multiple tries to contact them again, because it was now and nothing happend, user Alex wrote back on Discord that he will get the cartridge for inspecting in November.

In late November, after multiple messages again, he answered that he sent back the cartridge to me now.

I never got it. So I asked multiple times again for a shipping label but the silence started again.

Last weekend I was just kicked out from their Discord channel.

I was Day 1 buyer of this product and have three MVS cartridges running in my cabinets & this is what you get back from this company.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member

Stories like this aren't terribly uncommon - I thankfully never had a problem. Bought a Super SD3 and a Neo SD AES as well...but I consider myself very lucky

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I bought one of the Super SD System things from them and it pretty much sucks.

I got one of the revisions after they cleaned up the A/V and it still sucks pretty hard. There's a loud audio buzz in the left channel that never goes away. When I told them about it I was told "BUY BETTER CABLES FAGGOT"

The cables I have work perfectly with my Genesis, they work perfectly on my TG16/PCE DB-Electronics external RGB board, and I have multiple cables to use. Some buzz more and some buzz less with the SD system, but it's very noticeable all the time no matter which one you use. Terra Onion doesn't give a shit.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
So I should totes buy a NeoSD is what you're telling me.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yeah their customer service is trash and their products aren't much better.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Just goes to show you,when your sh8t starts to fail,you'd better hope somebody other than them can & will repair it for you.
BB

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
Yes they do seem to be a bunch of bandits, I was a bit surprised when this forum turned against Darksoft and turned to the Onion guys, DS has always been helpful for example when I had a problem with one of his CPS3 multi carts, he sorted immediately.

Moob Butter

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
So Darksoft aren’t considered cunts anymore as their customer service skills are just a bit French? As opposed to non existent?

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Dang, I thought all that pirate hacker crap was low quality when it was all made in Hong Kong…I guess it can get even worse than Magic Griffins and Doctor V64s…

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
After seeing several stories like this play out here, particularly the ones involving their employees responses, I decided I wouldn't buy any Terraonion products. It seems like Terraonion wants all of the benefits of running a business, without the responsibility or costs. Its unfortunate, because their products do interest me.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The TO guy was in chat for a while, he came across as a bit weird and easily aggravated. That was when Rot had developed a hatred for DS for some reason and offered TO to create a base for them on ng.com where they could get their customer service going. Needless to say this never happened, they soon opened their own forums and we kept hearing bad things about how ppl got treated there.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
You’d think making the fucking thing would be the hard part…apparently answering email is way harder.

Also…I’d suspect from the sounds of things that they don’t have spares or service parts so if yours ever breaks or is DOA they just ignore you until maybe they do another run.

deviljin102

Zero's Secretary
10 Year Member
That's a shame. From my experience with TO, they never respond to emails.