New DavidG special - Jockey GP

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
NGF never sold them as "conversions/bootlegs". They called them 100% official SNK authorized releases. And they even grandfathered ALL of their previously sold carts, going back to the ML days, claiming they always had the rights, etc.

Just ask Sylvio about his Shock Troopers home cart he purchased from them back in 1998. That's where it all hit the fan.

I can remember the room I was in while reading the fallout from that on the ML. It was early in the work day. You know, that morning twilight atmosphere. It took me a while to comprehend exactly what was going on, because I had no clue what Shock Troopers was. Back then, half the games that came out on the Neo were a mystery. Unless you had a subscription to NF or Gamest, you only got the half posted on madmanscafe or the never updated neogeo.co.jp site.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
juD2zXH.jpg

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I think he was talking about my favourite slippers kiddo ;)

BO8zI.jpg

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Just send one of the af3 carts to Dion.

He will authenticate it.

Problem solved.

:lol:

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
I'm not going to get involved in the drama, but the things I can't understand regarding the buyers of the bootleg AF3:

(1) Only one asked for a refund.

(2) At least two of the guys who got scammed are still buying his bootleg products.

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
Brandi is a fool who participated in the initial failed attempt to bootleg kof 2000 English
What the hell are you saying?!? :eek:

Are you crazy or what?!?

I caution you against moving completely false accusations without any sort of evidence :shame:

I stand by my statement that Brandi and chamane probably have at least a 25% bootleg rate in their own collections.
Honestly who gives a fuck about your statement?

I don't even need to waste any words to reply to your laughable assumptions

You and your friend were trying back in the days to pass your 'MVS only releases' conversions as legit and official SNK AES stuff.. then you bought 100 Japanese KOF 2K and made up inserts/stickers/manuals yourself in order to pass them as fully licensed SNK releases..

I actually don't see much difference with DavidG behavior: same shady conducts to suck money from Neo-Geo fans and collectors...

Come on.. it's clear here that the only one familiar with bootlegs and forgery is YOU

Last edited:

BRANDI

Franco's Trainer
20 Year Member
I have the email BRANDI sent me claiming you saw it. You're a liar.
Mike, to be completely honest i've sent pics of my copy to Simone but he never saw it in person or kept it in his hands..

So he's actually not lying about that

Last edited:

Zonks678

n00b
Look at it this way in terms of value, Last Hope AES seems to keep it's value and is worth a lot on the collector's market so this title might be highly collectable as well. There are only 20 of them and while unofficial like Last Hope, it amy be worth something down the road. The opening price is a little steep though. Last Hope retailed for a lot less but seems to have gotten quite a bit of fan base over the years. This appears to be some sort of gambling game. People might kick themselves in the future for not buying it do to its fluctuation in value.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
It is hard to feel sympathetic for anyone involved in this whole situation, whether it is Shawn, Tonk, or David G. I used to be more sympathetic towards the buyers, but when at least one of them seems to be buying this "game" made by the guy who apparently scammed him, I don't know what to make of it all except that everyone involved in this situation is motivated by greed and money. Greed for fame made an apparently honest member peddle games whose authenticity was questionable at best (the money probably didn't hurt either), greed for money made David G make bootlegs and try to pass them off as authentic games when he could have just been upfront about their origin and STILL made money from them (instead, he has spun increasingly hard to beleive stories to give credibility to these games instead of coming clean), and now, greed for money has led Shawn to enter into a partnership with David G.

David G, why don't you just come clean now? Are you afraid that the other buyers might still request a refund at this point? To the other buyers, why have you not requested a refund? Have you all accepted that you were scammed, but you just want to move on?

Someone should make a documentary about this fiasco. There might be a little money in doing so.

Dampfwalze

Armored Scrum Object,
20 Year Member
This whole affair is just wrong on so many levels. :(

I don't know what to believe anymore.
TonK seems to be betrayed by DavidG and lost his good name, but kept a lot of money as a compensation?
DavidG is a professional bootlegger, not without talent, who lied and sold his work via TonK. Now he is selling his shit through Shawn and everything seems OK?
Shawn was once my favorite source for legal and quality Neo Geo stuff for reasonable prices. Now he sells bootlegs and multi-game-carts like some shady Hong-Kong dealers?

I want to enter a time-machine and go back to 1995, before things started to become wrong. :oh_no:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Look at it this way in terms of value, Last Hope AES seems to keep it's value and is worth a lot on the collector's market so this title might be highly collectable as well. There are only 20 of them and while unofficial like Last Hope, it amy be worth something down the road. The opening price is a little steep though. Last Hope retailed for a lot less but seems to have gotten quite a bit of fan base over the years. This appears to be some sort of gambling game. People might kick themselves in the future for not buying it do to its fluctuation in value.

Any thread that brings Makismo out of hiding is truly epic.

xb74

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
With the unresolved controversy surrounding the players in this affair, Shawn decides to gouge on a David G product being sold in his very store.

Seriously Shawn:

UltimateFacepalm.jpg

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Rot, I loved you. I trusted you and would have done anything for you.

You completely turned your back on me. You BELIEVED that I was in on it. Now I proved that wasn't the case.

Do you feel any remorse?

If it were you, I would have stood by your side until you got it figured out.

I went back through the thread again and I've got to say I still can't find that part where you've proved your claim there.

However I can say I did find where you came in and quickley blamed the members here for allowing your rep to be runied, rather than man up for your own actions.

I also found the part where you attempted to justify yourself, with the idea that everyone here would have done the same thing for money. Again shifting blame from your self, by asserting that everyone here is of poor character and you actions should be accepted happily.

Later I found the many, many parts where rather than formulate any kind of rational argument or defense you again shifted the blame to other people or just flat out attacked anyone who did not side with you. Once more failing to man up for your own deeds.

I've noticed a few half attempts at saying your sorry, but also with those I've noticed the behaviour that clearly shows your not.

If you actually believed you were at fault and were sorry then why would you not attempt to make every effort to correct things with those who feel they were wronged in part by your actions, even if you were a pawn in this.

I've also never seen a victim of a scam that walked away with a large amount of the money from that scam as his own, free and clear.

Even if you don't have the cash to pay back that 5k all at once, I'm sure it would be okay to do it a little bit at a time.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Are you fucking kidding me?!

I caution you against moving completely false accusations without any sort of evidence :shame:

Why don't you try applying this statement to what happened to 2 of the buyers while the other 3 (yourself included) sat on the sidelines quiet, like little pussy wimps hiding in the corner during a fight rather then lending a hand.

You don't get to have your trophy on the shelf without blood, sweat, & tears.

David G threatened & discredited, TonK's reputation destroyed, 2 buyers falsely accused of being scammers, ALL without evidence, and happening on the battlefield while you sit at your computer desk with your trophy carefully kept and protected in a home cart protector slip case. Very noble my friend.

Try getting your hands dirty next time, maybe then you can call yourself a man.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I went back through the thread again and I've got to say I still can't find that part where you've proved your claim there.

However I can say I did find where you came in and quickley blamed the members here for allowing your rep to be runied, rather than man up for your own actions.

I also found the part where you attempted to justify yourself, with the idea that everyone here would have done the same thing for money. Again shifting blame from your self, by asserting that everyone here is of poor character and you actions should be accepted happily.

Later I found the many, many parts where rather than formulate any kind of rational argument or defense you again shifted the blame to other people or just flat out attacked anyone who did not side with you. Once more failing to man up for your own deeds.

I've noticed a few half attempts at saying your sorry, but also with those I've noticed the behaviour that clearly shows your not.

If you actually believed you were at fault and were sorry then why would you not attempt to make every effort to correct things with those who feel they were wronged in part by your actions, even if you were a pawn in this.

I've also never seen a victim of a scam that walked away with a large amount of the money from that scam as his own, free and clear.

Even if you don't have the cash to pay back that 5k all at once, I'm sure it would be okay to do it a little bit at a time.

What victims?!
Only ONE person came forward CLAIMING to be a victim? So by your logic, TonK needs to apologize to ONE person here, yet HUNDREDS are "offended" and demand "apologies"?

What scam?
It has yet to be proven one way or another whether or not their was a scam, let alone if the games are fake?

This is the essence of what is wrong with the way this story has been handled by the masses here. Nobody bothers to look at the facts and formulate educated comments based on THEM, rather then public opinion and unsubstantiated claims.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Just ask Sylvio about his Shock Troopers home cart he purchased from them back in 1998. That's where it all hit the fan.

Sylvio? Don't you mean Andre? Whenever I did business with him (twice) that was who I was sending my money to. You must have been doing business with his "twin". LOL.

Secondly, I'd rather we didn't take anything Andre/Sylvio said seriously. He is basically the person who started this debate via his "memory" of seeing AF3 in the wild circa 1995 or so.

Jon

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
What victims?!
Only ONE person came forward CLAIMING to be a victim? So by your logic, TonK needs to apologize to ONE person here, yet HUNDREDS are "offended" and demand "apologies"?

What scam?
It has yet to be proven one way or another whether or not their was a scam, let alone if the games are fake?

This is the essence of what is wrong with the way this story has been handled by the masses here. Nobody bothers to look at the facts and formulate educated comments based on THEM, rather then public opinion and unsubstantiated claims.

What victims?! Indeed. You don't read so good do you in your hurry to white knight.

Whats wrong is he came back in this thread with is dick swinging trying to blame us that had nothing do do with this.
I don't really give a shit about what He had done in the past. But to come here and try and say what we allowed his rep to be ruined, and that we would have done the same thing in his place is offensive and in no way the actions of a person who is a victim, nor were any of his other actions in this thread.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to defend TonK, or DavidG, or Shawn, or anyone else. I might be supportive of some of their statements here & there, but certainly not all of them. The bottom line is, it's damn near impossible to explain everything to everyone when your limited to a paragraph or two buried in between dozens of pages containing hundreds of posts. It's pointless.