Recent content by Huxley

1. H

MVS -> Naomi cab

So, I've had an old MVS cab for a while and after about 10 years worth of collecting games I think I'm finally ready to try something new. Only problem is I don't have space for a new cab, so I need something that will work with my existing hardware, to a degree. So my question is, would it be...
  2. H

POTP Website

So, how about it? I figure this shouldn't be a another site to compete with what's already out there; rather a community thing that we can all use. Right now we need to discuss ideas. What would you want from a POTP website? Also, who would be willing to help out? Adam and Marco are already...
  3. H

Edge hates SNK

The latest copy of Edge dropped through my letterbox this morning. The 10th anniversary edition complete with a feature on the 100 best games of all time. My first thought: they've compiled this list to spark discussion and controversy. These kind of 'best 100 of all time' lists will always...
  4. H

Waiting for games to get cheaper...

I'll admit it, I've been priced out of the market. I just can't afford to pay £50+ for a game I'll hardly even play. I'm lucky that I got most of the games I wanted when the thing was still on the market, but I'd love to buy some more. Have a full collection. That sort of thing. Now my question...
  5. H

How do you keep your collection? OR Have you ever trashed a box?

*WARNING - most tedious topic EVER* Looking at cho's collection, I was wondering how do you look after your games? Me, I keep the boxes stacked up on a shelf and keep the games w/plastic cover out for daily use. I keep the majority of them in this room and take a few of my most played titles...
  6. H

Sesame Street battle royale

Brian Henson is afraid that there are far too many Sesame Street characters for one show. So, in an effort to curb the population he has placed a random selection of characters on a remote island to fight to the death, last man standing wins. Who do you think deserves to lose? And who would...
  7. H

I Luv Takeshi's Castle!

What a great show! So piss poor, yet so very funny. Anyone else had the 'pleasure' to see Takeshi's Castle? <a href="http://www.count-takeshi.tk/" target="_blank">http://www.count-takeshi.tk/</a>
  8. H

Just a pocket?

I gotsta know, do you own a pocket and a homesystem/MVS, or just a pocket? I bought my pocket first. Then I got myself an MVS cab. I love both equally. I hope to get an AES someday, when I'm a bit richer. And a CD system, of course!
  9. H

Anime for non-anime watchers

Because I'm bored, and because I've been watching sooooooo much lately, I thought I'd talk anime. Anyhow, what titles would you recommend for a non-anime watcher? First, I'd have to say Cowboy Bebop. Great series from start to finish, there is nothing that here shouts 'ANIME' (except for maybe...
  10. H

You don't drink you don't smoke, what do you do?

With all this talk of drug tests, I was wondering, how many of you are teetotal? I don't drink or take any drugs bar caffeine (which is pretty rare for me as it is). I hang around people who smoke weed and take pills, but they are fine with me and I'm cool with them. Still, I have pretty...
  11. H

Neo Turf Masters

Has anyone done the triple crown more than once? I just completed it the other day and noticed that the clubs you win have a number...is this just to show how many you've won or can you only use them that amount of times? I gotta say: the names for these clubs are hilarious! 'The 9 iron of...
  12. H

Return of the People of the Pocket

...you know who you are :p Thought I'd make a small GIF for the POTP. You like it?
  13. H

Japanese Mega Drive games are better

Anyone collect Japanese MD games? Myself, I just picked up a few for the first time. And as always, I'm shoked at just how much better the presentation is on Japanese games compared to European/US versions. Not only do they sometimes get better artwork, the instructions are sweet full-colour...
  14. H

King of Fighters Mobile

Anyone played the mobile/cellphone version of KoF? The backgrounds look worse, but the sprites appear to have more colours. I wonder if the animation is as good as the NGPC version? <a href="http://www.wirelessgamingreview.com/gamedir/game-1266&page=REVIEW"...
  15. H

Blazing Star discussion

I know we've talked about this one before, but I thought I'd open up a new thread to discuss some tactics. Recently, I've been using the Windia and Hellhound to try and get high scores. The way I see it, you get a high score by collecting bonuses, and you get more bonuses by killing more enemy...