POTP Website

Huxley

Fu'un-Ken Master
So, how about it?

I figure this shouldn't be a another site to compete with what's already out there; rather a community thing that we can all use.

Right now we need to discuss ideas. What would you want from a POTP website?

Also, who would be willing to help out? Adam and Marco are already on board :D

Marco's Arms Dealer

Ukyo's Doctor
have the basic tables or two windows, tables it disappears if you scroll down windows may take an extra cm. of room, but the menu would stay there. who is doing graphics?

reinterested,
Tom, A.k.a M-A-D

Huxley

Fu'un-Ken Master
I'm a big fan of tables, but that's just me. If no-one else wants to handle the job I'll do the graphics and HTML, but I'd be more than happy to hand over the duties to someone else...

I was thinking about a fairly simple job that was quick to load.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Yes we need a nice NGPC site. I can write reviews if you guys need any content.

The Mole

Crazed MVS Addict
Well i just wanted to say that its a great idea, sadly i lack the skills to help in any way. If their is something you think i can do then i will be more than willing.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Sounds like a very good idea and willing to lend a hand if need be.

Huxley

Fu'un-Ken Master
Great! :D

First we need to make a list of what we all want from the website. Myself, I'd like links to NGPC websites and other resources - as comprehensive as we can make it and a POTP member list.

Reviews are a good idea, but there are plenty of decent NGPC sites that already accept reviews already (such as <a href="http://www.duckmaker.com/ngp/)." target="_blank">http://www.duckmaker.com/ngp/).</a> This should be a website that compliments rather than competes with the websites already out there.

Also, though I'm willing to do the graphics and HTML, I really don't have the time to maintain it. I'd share the job if no-one wants to take it on full-time...

I am a new NGPC owner, I just bought it off EB yesterday. I would like to join POTP and offer to be webmaster of the site. I already have a layout done, if anyone wants to check it out. I think if POTP can create enough content, we could be the best damm NGPC site. I know you think we shouldn't compete, but why not? I think POTP site could own any other site, if we are commited. I am willing to make the commitment if you guys are.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Heh, thanks for giving props to my *old* site on the other host I used to be a part of.

Edit: And by that I mean that site is up just because the guy that owns it hasnt deleted it yet, I have no host currently and DNGP is dead until I do.

I have more stuff on the current one on my computer and we can use it if there is a host. Its a pretty simple design so if you want to use it I could upload for you.

<small>[ September 09, 2003, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Nesagwa ]</small>

Huxley

Fu'un-Ken Master
Thanks Nesagwa that would be great. Is this your design for your DNGP site? Don't you want to keep that for yourself?

Trap Gunner...I think we should take a look at both designs, so could you upload yours somewhere or email it to me at jhuxley@homemademech.com?

As for being webmaster, sure, why not? We'll see what happens in time, but for now it's you and me. glee

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
You can use my design and any information as well, I just want to continue my project as long as possible, even if it means changing the name and getting help :-D

(We need to make a better list for hardware both 1st and 3rd party because mine is rather incomplete and lacks serial numbers.)

<small>[ September 09, 2003, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Nesagwa ]</small>

Huxley

Fu'un-Ken Master
In that case, you should really be webmaster too! I don't see any reason why we can't make this in to a fully-featured site with reviews and stuff, considering what we've already got with your site.

Adam Gallant

King's Dry Cleaner
Sorry I'm so late on this, just got back from buying FFTA...

If it helps any, I -do- have a multimedia certificate and my skills are pretty much wasting without a true project to work on. I wouldn't mind being the graphics guy if you still need one :)

-AG

This is turning out pretty good. There can always be more than one webmaster. I would like to see the layout that Nesagwa has. If you guys still want to look at my layout, I could quickly put it up on geocities or something.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
The layout I have is the same as the one at <a href="http://www.duckmaker.com/ngp" target="_blank">www.duckmaker.com/ngp</a>

Huxley

Fu'un-Ken Master
Good point Nesagwa...he host is a sticking point...I have one, but it's kinda cruddy and it doesn't have much space left for files and stuff. Although it is fine for hosting plain HTML.

Thanks Adam...don't know what we want at the moment, but I'm sure we'll need a logo.

Does anyone have MSN messenger? We should all get together and talk. My username is johnphuxley.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
Well whatever it is it HAS to have PHP, CGI, etc. support so we can do chat rooms, forums and other stuff like that.

Huxley

Fu'un-Ken Master
Yeah, we could do with a proper NGPC selling forum. My host has perl but no database, so the scripts would be slow.

Trap Gunner, tell us when you've uploaded your design...

Adam Gallant

King's Dry Cleaner
Alright, made an account - AGallant82@hotmail.com

should work, don't know how long I'll be on tonight

-AG

Adam Gallant

King's Dry Cleaner
Crap, john could you msg me so I can add you to my contacts? I dont know how I screwed that up...

-AG

Huxley

Fu'un-Ken Master
No problem, done and done. Anyone else, feel free to add me to your list.

Well, thanks a lot for the great response. Hopefully we can get something together pretty soon.

Well here is my layout-

<a href="http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/benitosbarandgrill" target="_blank">http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/benitosbarandgrill</a>

What you guys think? Is it better than nesagwas?

<small>[ September 09, 2003, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Trap Gunner ]</small>