I Luv Takeshi's Castle!

Huxley

Fu'un-Ken Master
What a great show! So piss poor, yet so very funny. Anyone else had the 'pleasure' to see Takeshi's Castle?

<a href="http://www.count-takeshi.tk/" target="_blank">http://www.count-takeshi.tk/</a>

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
takeshi's castle rocks the house, especially that game where those stupid fuckers keep getting the shit kicked out of them - yes, the one where they have to run across the rotating logs.

Huxley

Fu'un-Ken Master
Yeah, High Rollers is the best :D

I like stepping stones, too...also a violent one! You know what this show is called in the US? Is it something like TCX?

Seriously though, I can't believe Beat Takeshi had his own gameshow! He probably just wanted to drive around in a go-kart and shoot people with a water pistol :p

Huxley:

Seriously though, I can't believe Beat Takeshi had his own gameshow! He probably just wanted to drive around in a go-kart and shoot people with a water pistol :p
'Beat' Takeshi Kitano has had several game shows, as well as his time as a Manzai called The Two Beats, numerous radio talk shows, and of course his wacky films I love so damn much but no longer care to host a website for. Kitano is no doubt the man however, with Takashi Miike in second and Shinya Tsukamoto in 3rd.

Oh and BTW, if you haven't seen his daughter Shoko Kitano, she's a pop singer and had an interesting music video where "Beat" Takeshi tries to make it to her concert but is killed by the Yakuza His daughter's kinda hot in that cutesy way. :cool:

MD20XX / Storm Rider

<small>[ August 09, 2003, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: MegaDrive 20XX ]</small>

Genocide Tweeter

Crossed Swords Squire
Huxley:
Yeah, High Rollers is the best :D

I like stepping stones, too...also a violent one! You know what this show is called in the US? Is it something like TCX?

In the US its called "MXC: Most eXtreme elimination Challange".
Its got purposely bad dubbing!
And its only on the NEW TNN / Spike TV.
..If that's the same Takeshi's Castle as mentioned in MXC's end credits, that is...
spock

Kao_Pai

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I really enjoy watching MXC, but now that I've done some research on what Takeshi's Castle is, I feel like we in the US are getting gyped.

I like the goofy, made-up dialogue in MXC, but dammit, I want to see the storming the castle rounds where they drive around in weird little carts and shoot lasers at each other.

Huxley

Fu'un-Ken Master
Kao_Pai:
I really enjoy watching MXC, but now that I've done some research on what Takeshi's Castle is, I feel like we in the US are getting gyped.

I like the goofy, made-up dialogue in MXC, but dammit, I want to see the storming the castle rounds where they drive around in weird little carts and shoot lasers at each other.
You guys don't get the final round? Don't worry, you're not missing out on much, it really does suck compared to the rest of the show, even if it is the only game with Beat Takeshi in!

And some interesting stuff there, MD. I've only seen a couple of his films, but he always plays the coolest characters. Even the freak in Battle Royale :S

SilverAngel

Member,
I love this show!!!!!!!!!!

I like the high rollers and i really enjoy rice bowl down hill but ir doesnt get shown too often :(

The new series is good i am enjoying the ones where they run down the hill with the water guns and they have to get the emerald guards who have different big things on them like missiles and bikes etc tickled

Oh yeah a question about it when they are about the do the game they all say that thing i cant spell it so sorry but here is my attempt

gam bai e mass?

That is proberly totally wrong so sorry, i think it means something like i will do my best but im not 1005 sure does anyone know?

Again i apologise for the spelling tickled eek_2

<small>[ August 10, 2003, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: SilverAngel ]</small>

Huxley

Fu'un-Ken Master
SilverAngel:

The new series is good i am enjoying the ones where they run down the hill with the water guns and they have to get the emerald guards who have different big things on them like missiles and bikes etc tickled
That game still doesn't make any sense to me...where are they going? What do they have to do? Why are they dressed up like tanks? But that's probably what makes it so funny, I guess!

Honestly, I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes this show. You know, I would have felt like a freak or something make_fac

Huxley

Fu'un-Ken Master
SilverAngel:
Oh yeah a question about it when they are about the do the game they all say that thing i cant spell it so sorry but here is my attempt

gam bai e mass?

That is proberly totally wrong so sorry, i think it means something like i will do my best but im not 1005 sure does anyone know?

Again i apologise for the spelling tickled eek_2
I've no idea why, but that's exactly what I thought, too. Probably too much subbed anime or something :p

But if anyone knows for sure, I'd love to know the answer, also. It certainly seems to be a popular phrase in Japan...