What Is The Best Way To Store PCBS.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Good ole' Craig gave me an over sized anti static bag for the Ninja Gaiden. It fits perfectly and I just put the whole thing back into the USPS box.
Static Bag.JPG

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Anti-static pcb boxes lined with anti-static foam :D

Otherwise in their original kit box.

CaseyTappy

Tung's Hair Stylist
Buy them CIB, like loose console carts they are worthless without he original kit box containing the original art .

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Well back when my company would get bulk type motherboards (not in retail box) we used to put them in a file cabinet. You set up the file cabinet with the hanging folders, you put the board (in static bag) in there. Label which one it is. Could fit 7 or 8 boards per drawer. Didn't work for things too big to fit in the drawer, obviously. We stopped doing that once we started getting boards in their retail box.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The best way to store pcbs? At my house, feel free to send them to me.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
ngcom2_zps43068d15.jpg

Bubble wrap on the floor is my security system detector.

ookitarepanda

rare's hero,
We should do a group buy for some of these...man these are nice, but the minium quanity is a tad high for one person...

They used to be about 2 miles from my parents' house. Now they're just across the river, probably a 30 minute drive. I've been the coordinator of a group buy of sorts for my local peeps who need boxes, so it's not that bad for me. I've probably bought 3 dozen from them by now to split with people here.

A group buy may cost more though because shipping those would mean finding big boxes to send them in...

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The USPS boxes are becoming a problem because I have too many PCBs and currently not a good space for storing them. Plus some PCBs are too thick for the regular boxes and need to be kept in special boxes, so all the different sizes make it messy.

West

Mr. Big's Thug
Yes you knew it was eventually coming.

Damn that is crazy. I love those shelves. They're perfect for storing records but apparently they're perfect for storing every cps2 board ever made as well.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I finally finished assembling one of those Rubbermaid Big Max sheds. I have a pastic bin w/ PCBS in USPS boxes. Do you guys think it would be safe to store in one of these sheds?

undamned

Pleasure Goal
Some good ideas in here. I'd also say it's wise to store boards vertically to avoid sagging. Any board with more than one layer tends to sag after a while when stored horizontally. CPS2 doesn't necessarily need to follow this rule, being as there are internal supports.
-ud

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Picked up some caddy packs from uline.

Tapatalk is being stupid, and not letting me upload pics.

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I finally got around to using Uline on the rest of my pcbs. The ones I been using since mike did the group buy have held up great so bought some more to finish the rest off.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455572529.308025.jpg

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Looking good, West!!

1059d91fdee6c8601d0e9ca703c6e814.jpg

Trapper Keeper for pcbs^
64f391a5d0b40112a3eea9a8ab5c7425.jpg

Folds into holder on the right; slides into cover on left. Think the outer cardboard slip on a blu ray. Nice and tidy.

Thanks, Obama...erm, tapatalk for letting me post my pics!

Last edited:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran