Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

Catoblepa

Another Striker
15 Year Member
Wow, that's a lot of Soccer Brawl's! Thanks for sharing! The ones without the ladies are all PG1, and some with the ladies are EPROMs. Not sure what conclusions can be drawn other than the usual scattered revision differences from SNK.
No prob Alec, glad to help - and thanks again for your review 😉👍 I'm always intrigued about the many revisions of boards, updated software and such... things that we're still discovering after decades (for example, I have a couple of Super Sidekicks carts with boards that aren't included in MVS scans... I should've sent those to the site ages ago).

LoneSage

A Broken Man
15 Year Member
Great job Alec. Five years strong and just getting to Fatal Fury! Wild.

Surprised you didn't make a comparison to Robocop for the robot police boss, but at least you noted the Strider roboape similarity.

Keep it up man. I am not one to follow youtubers but you're really doing a cool job here and I always watch your vids.

As an only MVS owner, this was also my first time seeing the home console manuals. Please keep showing those in videos.

Neo Alec

Orochi Spam Riot
20 Year Member
As an only MVS owner, this was also my first time seeing the home console manuals. Please keep showing those in videos.
Glad you liked it and that you'll sometimes visit Youtube to at least watch my videos. Oh, I've been showing the manuals throughout most of the series. I guess I might have done it a little less back toward the early days.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
It's always a good day when there's a new Neo Alec NG review video. Appreciate your hard work man.

Neo Alec

Orochi Spam Riot
20 Year Member
I started calling them "retrospectives" rather than reviews because although I still render a final verdict at the end (I try to find a consensus rather than simply giving my opinion), I felt that the videos are cataloging the games for posterity rather than simply reviewing them, and I didn't want to sell the effort short.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Awesome as always :buttrock:

It’s gonna be hard to not hear Neo Alec’s version of the Robo Army dialog on all my subsequent playthroughs lol

NexusX

Mickey's Coach
Next is Fatal Fury is it not? Can't wait for that episode.

Last edited:

Leback

Stakes Winner
Really enjoy your videos, especially the one on Last Resort where you even included a guide. Nice with Fatal Fury up next, looking forward to it.

Neo Alec

Orochi Spam Riot
20 Year Member
ytpost.png
Okay, couple of things here. My "troll" posts are helpful and informative, and if I feel a conversation is headed down the wrong path, I'll post to try and bring things back on track.

And this is not a Neo-Alec video. I can't take credit for it.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
View attachment 58890
Okay, couple of things here. My "troll" posts are helpful and informative, and if I feel a conversation is headed down the wrong path, I'll post to try and bring things back on track.

And this is not a Neo-Alec video. I can't take credit for it.
Sounds like a taco man comment to me. He has this bizarre obsession with everything related to retro videogames and tends to pop up every now and then to troll people by claiming others are trolls, etc. In his periodic visits to this forum with alts he does the same schizo routine, because he really thinks he's trolling someone with his lame quips. Just ignore him... if you can remember him lol, on my tiny YouTube channel he once called me a liar and it took me years to connect the dots because I couldn't care less.

I don't think anyone here is actually going to make a comment like this on the video. Maybe in awbacon threads :keke: