Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

Catoblepa

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
Wow, that's a lot of Soccer Brawl's! Thanks for sharing! The ones without the ladies are all PG1, and some with the ladies are EPROMs. Not sure what conclusions can be drawn other than the usual scattered revision differences from SNK.
No prob Alec, glad to help - and thanks again for your review 😉👍 I'm always intrigued about the many revisions of boards, updated software and such... things that we're still discovering after decades (for example, I have a couple of Super Sidekicks carts with boards that aren't included in MVS scans... I should've sent those to the site ages ago).

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Great job Alec. Five years strong and just getting to Fatal Fury! Wild.

Surprised you didn't make a comparison to Robocop for the robot police boss, but at least you noted the Strider roboape similarity.

Keep it up man. I am not one to follow youtubers but you're really doing a cool job here and I always watch your vids.

As an only MVS owner, this was also my first time seeing the home console manuals. Please keep showing those in videos.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
As an only MVS owner, this was also my first time seeing the home console manuals. Please keep showing those in videos.
Glad you liked it and that you'll sometimes visit Youtube to at least watch my videos. Oh, I've been showing the manuals throughout most of the series. I guess I might have done it a little less back toward the early days.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
It's always a good day when there's a new Neo Alec NG review video. Appreciate your hard work man.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
I started calling them "retrospectives" rather than reviews because although I still render a final verdict at the end (I try to find a consensus rather than simply giving my opinion), I felt that the videos are cataloging the games for posterity rather than simply reviewing them, and I didn't want to sell the effort short.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Awesome as always :buttrock:

It’s gonna be hard to not hear Neo Alec’s version of the Robo Army dialog on all my subsequent playthroughs lol

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Next is Fatal Fury is it not? Can't wait for that episode.

Last edited:

Leback

Stakes Winner
Really enjoy your videos, especially the one on Last Resort where you even included a guide. Nice with Fatal Fury up next, looking forward to it.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
ytpost.png
Okay, couple of things here. My "troll" posts are helpful and informative, and if I feel a conversation is headed down the wrong path, I'll post to try and bring things back on track.

And this is not a Neo-Alec video. I can't take credit for it.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
View attachment 58890
Okay, couple of things here. My "troll" posts are helpful and informative, and if I feel a conversation is headed down the wrong path, I'll post to try and bring things back on track.

And this is not a Neo-Alec video. I can't take credit for it.
Sounds like a taco man comment to me. He has this bizarre obsession with everything related to retro videogames and tends to pop up every now and then to troll people by claiming others are trolls, etc. In his periodic visits to this forum with alts he does the same schizo routine, because he really thinks he's trolling someone with his lame quips. Just ignore him... if you can remember him lol, on my tiny YouTube channel he once called me a liar and it took me years to connect the dots because I couldn't care less.

I don't think anyone here is actually going to make a comment like this on the video. Maybe in awbacon threads :keke:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
HELL YES! Love these Neo Alec, I've been binge watching all your neo reviews last few weeks. Going to watch this one later tonight with a few cold ones.

Last edited:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Fatal Fury is up. What a dumpster fire of a long Youtube video! Featuring a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo from @awbacon !

In you're review it was the same for me.I never got to play fatal fury in the arcades my first exposure to the game was the genesis port.Sure it was a downgrade in graphics&sound but better then nothing for the time.Funny thing about the genesis port since it's digitize speech is muffled i all ways thought terry said police instead of powerwave :lolz:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
How come everyone's intro to Fatal Fury was on the Mega Drive? It was the same for me too, in fact I don't think I've ever seen Fatal Fury 1 on an actual coin-op, only Special onwards.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
In you're review it was the same for me.I never got to play fatal fury in the arcades my first exposure to the game was the genesis port.Sure it was a downgrade in graphics&sound but better then nothing for the time.Funny thing about the genesis port since it's digitize speech is muffled i all ways thought terry said police instead of powerwave :lolz:
The voices are all new recordings in the two home ports I believe. It took me some time to get used to the (better, less weird) "Okay!" on the Neo.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
How come everyone's intro to Fatal Fury was on the Mega Drive? It was the same for me too, in fact I don't think I've ever seen Fatal Fury 1 on an actual coin-op, only Special onwards.
Yeah I got into Fatal Fury 2 big time but completely missed the original.

Neo Alec

20 Year Member
Yeah. The MVS cart is not at all rare. Apparently people played it in arcades. It wasn't most of us though.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Amazing as always. Getting into the detail of Roland support on the X68000 version... wow.
The definitive document for the game. Love the developer interview snippets too.