Toaplan Shooter Collection

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
26BC5A2C-83ED-4E8E-B1CB-C1FDB0FD77B5.jpeg

http://retro-bit.com/toaplan-shooters/

Not something that interests me, the only one I may not have is Hellfire, and think I have that even. I have Zero Wing for the PC Engine.

Would rather see them all on a switch card.

Last edited:

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
That thank you card is cool tho

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
People here seem to hate reprints but I'd say that's one of the more soulful ones. It's not like that dumb data east cash-in SNES cart.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
I clicked on this thinking it was an announcement of an M2 Shot Triggers collection for PS4 :(

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
You can get authentic Japanese Mega Drive copies of the above games for $50 or less per game in Japan. If someone wanted a bootleg copy, I’m sure China could pump one out at a fraction of the cost they’re charging.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
I have all of these (some even double). I think it is a good idea but retrobit really needs to hook it up with a new graphic designer. The point of making new bootlegs is that they should look better then the original not worse.....

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
People here seem to hate reprints but I'd say that's one of the more soulful ones. It's not like that dumb data east cash-in SNES cart.

This is the same company. Someone told them they'd make more money putting them on separate carts and calling it a collection.

I saw the title of this thread and immediately just assumed it was some xbox or playstation release and got so excited. Then I clicked the thread and threw up in my mouth a little.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Retro bit is overrated when it comes to quality.
Had a genesis 6 button controller, was flimsy as fuck. Might as well buy chinese knock-offs. A 10th of the price and just as crappy.
Not interested in these games, overpriced and should have been all 4 on 1 cartridge.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
They’re also doing vinyl soundtracks (again something I’m not into) but may interest others

6FBC41DD-8C7A-4F75-A058-0B572D46AB9B.jpeg

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I don't understand chiptune OST's on record? Why not just get the CD and be done with it?

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
$160 for four crappy repo carts? Ugh.
No Slap Fight MD either.

Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
This is the same company. Someone told them they'd make more money putting them on separate carts and calling it a collection.

lol with that post and the "vinyl soundtrack" one: carry on with the hate! Fuck 'em.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
Big pass on all of it.

Those cart colors, yuck.

I didn’t even see the cart colors until now... Man, who agreed to make Tatsujin pink when there’s absolutely no pink in the artwork. Doesn’t make sense...

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Oh yeah, forgot about V-V. Such a great game.
Maybe we will still get that PS4 Toaplan compilation one day.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
The only reprint i've ever bought from retrobit was for metal storm.Which turned out fine for me.Kind of interested in fire shark,only because original copies are kind of pricey now.Truxton pass if i wanted a copy i can all ways import the jpn version and price wise it's ok.

By the way i'm waiting on that toplan compaltion from M2 for PS4 still as well.

Last edited:

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
I got the Retrobit Metal Storm and Holy Diver reprints. I have my originals of those still. Those were great , official reprints of expensive hard to find games.

I like what they’re doing. I like it a lot more than iam8bit releasing $20 games as $100 collector editions.

These reprints are priced at $45 a pop, which is what it should be. I might pick them up, though I wish they went with way more expensive titles like Musha and Vapor trail.