The King Of Fighters XV (2020)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Supposed to be this month if I remember right.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Game's on sale right now for cheap. 15 bucks for standard, 21 for deluxe.

Deluxe includes team Southtown and Team Samurai, I think.

1675971258967.png

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Deluxe includes team Southtown and Team Samurai, I think.
Nope. The Deluxe includes Team Garou instead of Team Samurai. Deluxe also includes the classic Leona costume.

Team Samurai and Team Awakened Orochi are included in the KOF XV-Team Pass 2.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The PS5 version is $19.99 on Amazon.

I have half a mind to grab it, since I have the Xbox version, with no word on crossplay as of late.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Free Goenitz DLC? NOICE.
I still hate DLC tho.
Andy straight looking like AoF2 young Geese in that FF promo shot.

Fygee

20 Year Member
This game is about to get 1,000% more Koku Deska. Still looks like he belongs in a late 90's boy band.

I'm digging the free Boss Rage mode characters. I hope they give NESTS saga bosses some love too. Igniz would be a trip.

sirlynxalot

Enemy Chaser
Fagit of the Year
Damn, would have liked to snag this for $15 when it was on sale in Feb.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
It's 75% off on the Playstation store (ends tomorrow, sorry for the short notice), both deluxe and standard, and since I don't have an Xbox X/S (only an X) I bought it for PS4. Also Deluxe doesn't seem to be so deluxe anymore, as they've made Team 1 and Team 2 free, so it seems like all you get special is the Leona costume. I'm hoping it's not too complicated for me to get into. I still like the old ones best, because there aren't as many counters and forward/backward roll rush break super charge (making shit up now) moves. My old brain isn't so great at remembering all that stuff anymore. I liked the new Samsho though, even though buying it on PS4 was a waste of money since my stick has a Zero Delay (PS3) encoder which means I'm screwed with no legacy mode for Samsho or KOF XV.

Since PS4 was my only option, I bought a Brook converter for my stick, but it doesn't work. The only way I can MAKE it work is to plug it into the USB hub that my Cronus Max Plus is plugged into (long story) so that it authenticates through a real PS4 controller, which it's not supposed to need. I ordered a replacement though, hoping it works...gonna try not updating the firmware first, this time, and am going to send the first one back after it comes. The Cronus/Brooks config is especially annoying since somehow the combo of the 2 adapters reverses my circle and X buttons, super annoying in the menus.

Since I have to use a converter, I may be out for using headset to communicate, but do people even talk on fighting games anymore? I haven't played one heavily since Capcom vs SNK.

Random side note: If anyone's wondering, Gui Long is still around and is doing really really well, and still buying Neo stuff. He's visiting Japan right now with his lady, so they're staying with her family for the trip. He's supposed to be sending me a Hirakawachi 1-chome DVD that only ships to JP addresses (he made the mistake of asking me if I needed anything from Japan! haha). We usually talk a few times a week, if not more.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Good old Gui is still around.

I don't have an Xbox X/S (only an X) I bought it for PS4.
I'm so damn confused! Hopefully cross play gets out of beta. I decided it wasn't worth re-upping Gold for now.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It was on sale on Xbox last week, and I bought the Deluxe Edition because it was cheaper than Team Pass 1.
Untitled2.png

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member

duo-lon-joins-kof-xv-as-dlc-after-najd-roadmap-release-date.jpeg

Fygee

20 Year Member
Good to see Duo Lon again.

I'm still at a loss as to which character the one who looks like Athena (got the hair, the pose, the build) is.

Yeah tbh my first thought was athena until I remembered she's already in the game (I really did facepalm myself) although after the different versions of the orochi team, it could be another version of her.

My guess its Hinako or one of the combat school ladies from metal slug.