The Elusive F1B-4P for Kizuna 4p

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Auction just ended

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n47499585

I did not think it would go so high especial since the auction stated it as not to be verified as working and to treat as junk.

Oh well this is the second one I have come across on Yahoo japan, I am sure there may be more down the road. To bad though I was really hoping to use it at my show this year and setup a 4p Kizuna tournament

I waited until the auction ended to post mainly because I was bidding on it and so I would not get the "Thanks for posting this I am bidding on that" emails :p

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
sweet, something interesting and semi rare for once.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
Does it work on League Bowling?

Or is league bowling 1 pad per 4 players?

Forgive me, i have only played the game once, that was on that god awful internet game.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
you dont need it for league bowling as its not simultaneous

you just use the 3mm jack to jack cable to link machines up

same as riding hero and thrash rally

Lovergoat

, KING of GOATs, Greatest of all time...
soulthug said:
Does it work on League Bowling?

Or is league bowling 1 pad per 4 players?

Forgive me, i have only played the game once, that was on that god awful internet game.

Have one of the link cables you need for that with my copy of riding hero.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This is one of those items that I would have bought at all costs if this was 5 years ago. Great find Big Bruno.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
wasabi said:
This is one of those items that I would have bought at all costs if this was 5 years ago. Great find Big Bruno.

Me too. Really good stuff, I've never seen a 4P Kizuna in action, would love to try it out.

We had several threads about this I believe, and if my brain serves me right, even some knowledgeable people believed this pcb to be just a myth.

Would be cool to fit this in a real 4P multiplayer cab.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Takumaji said:
Me too. Really good stuff, I've never seen a 4P Kizuna in action, would love to try it out.

We had several threads about this I believe, and if my brain serves me right, even some knowledgeable people believed this pcb to be just a myth.

Would be cool to fit this in a real 4P multiplayer cab.

I believe the discussions I had mostly involved Shito and neo bomberman and the NeoGeo Freak article from 1996 which showed the picture of it in action. I would pay to try that out.

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
wasabi said:

Yeah, I would have gone a bit higher but When I saw it over $1k I figured I should just let it go. I would have to also pickup a vs. Cab as well as a 1-B and pray the board actually worked.

But my problem is I actually use the stuff I buy so I would probably end up breaking it down the road. maybe one day someone will make a board with the dual jamma on a multicart board that has Kizuna on it.

FTL

AES Price Guide Analyst, International Moderator,
Staff member
Big Bruno said:
Auction just ended

http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n47499585

I did not think it would go so high especial since the auction stated it as not to be verified as working and to treat as junk.

Oh well this is the second one I have come across on Yahoo japan, I am sure there may be more down the road. To bad though I was really hoping to use it at my show this year and setup a 4p Kizuna tournament

I waited until the auction ended to post mainly because I was bidding on it and so I would not get the "Thanks for posting this I am bidding on that" emails :p

Great find.
Actually,in my opinion it went for that much because it is new and totally complete in box..of course untested but new...how often do you see new motherboards for sale?
Even common 1 or 2 slots are very hard to find new.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
damn. I really need to start keeping my eye on Yahoo auctions...but its best for my bank account I don't. Very cool!

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Sorry,but I never followed anything on this..

Any chance this may work with Neo Bomberman?

At the top of the screen(Neo Bomberman):
I see 1 Player/2 Player/3 Player/ 4 Player..but only two player is available to play in a MVS cab..

aria

Former Moderator
chris1 said:

I see 1 Player/2 Player/3 Player/ 4 Player..but only two player is available to play in a MVS cab..

I'm not confident it was ever possible. It would be awesome though...

Very cool find.

Brain Slug

n00b
Would it be possible to find out what chip SNK used on the F1B-4P PCB to handle the 4player input and make a homebrew 4player adapter for the AES?

According to Billy Pitt's site, all the 4 player code is in the game, so it should be accessible on homecart via UniBIOS?

werejag

Galford's Poppy Trainer
sounds interesting get scans of the board and maybe something can be done

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Kizuna 4P???

It's still Kizuna... So it suckes twice as much.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Thanks..

Originally Posted by chris1

I see 1 Player/2 Player/3 Player/ 4 Player..but only two player is available to play in a MVS cab

Bobak said:
I'm not confident it was ever possible. It would be awesome though...

Very cool find.

Check it out..I agree it would be awesome!!:buttrock:

Sorry about the blurry pic,I just took it in a rush but it shows..1 Player/2 Player/3 Player/ 4 Player

cokeslideshow013.jpg

I went searching online for a pic to show 4 players as below but I only find pictures showing two player on top.:conf:
neo%20bombrman2.gif

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
FTL said:
Great find.
Actually,in my opinion it went for that much because it is new and totally complete in box..of course untested but new...how often do you see new motherboards for sale?
Even common 1 or 2 slots are very hard to find new.

I think it would have gone for more if it was confirmed working though. This line probably chilled some Japanese bidders
珍しい基板のようですがMV-1Bがないため動作確認が取れないのでジャンク扱いノークレームでお願い致します。

FTL

Staff member
wasabi said:
I think it would have gone for more if it was confirmed working though. This line probably chilled some Japanese bidders
珍しい基板のようですがMV-1Bがないため動作確認が取れないのでジャンク扱いノークレームでお願い致します。

I agree but from what I can understand it seems the seller didn't have a mv-1b board to test and it does seem to be a new motherboard if you look at the bubble wrap and the baggies for cables...even the original instruction for it(and that would be probably enough to lear how to make one of these if all the datas and info are reported...?).

Most likely,if you are lucky enough to find one of there you will find them used and loose condition,like regular motherboards.

As for the "junk treatment" I have seen the same statement on many working products just beacuse the seller didn't have the chance to test it.....even on the Nintendo gold and grey carts...they go for thousands and most of the times sold as untested.

I hope to find one myself in the future but I would have to learn how to check and bid on yahoo.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
FTL said:
I agree but from what I can understand it seems the seller didn't have a mv-1b board to test and it does seem to be a new motherboard if you look at the bubble wrap and the baggies for cables...even the original instruction for it(and that would be probably enough to lear how to make one of these if all the datas and info are reported...?).

Most likely,if you are lucky enough to find one of there you will find them used and loose condition,like regular motherboards.

As for the "junk treatment" I have seen the same statement on many working products just beacuse the seller didn't have the chance to test it.....even on the Nintendo gold and grey carts...they go for thousands and most of the times sold as untested.

I hope to find one myself in the future but I would have to learn how to check and bid on yahoo.

I'm not disagreeing. I'm just reiterating what Big Bruno said about why the price was probably so low. It's a great find and in perfect condition.

FTL

Staff member
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-World-...97QQihZ001QQcategoryZ4315QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is a good example of what I was referring to...untested cart and already up to $1700...what Big Bruno perfectly said in my opinion is that even if a pcb is new and working,it could be broken in the future due to long use or other factors....

I bought myself recently 2 old pcb sold as "WORKING" and they came doa...needless to say, the seller said I made some mistake getting the boards to go bad...
I reckon the real important thing is IF the seller is willing to give the money back and provide a guarantee...and that's not always the case when a seller states the pcb is working condition...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
FTL said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Nintendo-World-...97QQihZ001QQcategoryZ4315QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is a good example of what I was referring to...untested cart and already up to $1700...what Big Bruno perfectly said in my opinion is that even if a pcb is new and working,it could be broken in the future due to long use or other factors....

I bought myself recently 2 old pcb sold as "WORKING" and they came doa...needless to say, the seller said I made some mistake getting the boards to go bad...
I reckon the real important thing is IF the seller is willing to give the money back and provide a guarantee...and that's not always the case when a seller states the pcb is working condition...

Maybe it's a cultural thing. Japanese tend to play things down. It's my understanding that they avoid overstating their abilities, and the practice is to be modest about things, such as skill or strength.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
FTL said:

you mean to tell me theres people who pay thousands for nes or snes games?!?!?!:eek:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
MUSOLINI said:
you mean to tell me theres people who pay thousands for nes or snes games?!?!?!:eek:

there are people who will pay thousands for a fucking piece of toast that looks like the mother Mary....of course.