The COVID-19 Thread and Hypothetical Boxing Predictions

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Seriously. I’ll take this over The Road or anything like that.

Realistically I was thinking that unless the virus mutates plenty of people have survived it anyway. The species will survive even if we had a massive die off in the billions.

Then it will be like a Canticle for Leibowitz and we can destroy all ourselves all over again in a couple hundred years.

Natural selection is a bitch.

According to China, the virus has mutated, and the mutation is spreading in Central Asian countries like Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
According to China, the virus has mutated, and the mutation is spreading in Central Asian countries like Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan.

I’m sure the Chinese will set up some virus education centers to help them out.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Then it will be like a Canticle for Leibowitz and we can destroy all ourselves all over again in a couple hundred years.

Natural selection is a bitch.

I've thought to myself on many occasions that so far it looks like we're getting the Babylon 5 future instead of the Star Trek future. When I was writing my last reply I was thinking about the nod to Canticle in the flash-forward to 1,000 years after the events of the series.

deconstruction-of-falling-stars-06.jpg

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
If we go to war with China and CRISPR develops rapidly enough for us to have a nice series of Eugenics Wars we may make it to Star Trek after all.

Just need the Vulcans to come visit afterwards.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
No way. We're firmly into V for Vendetta right now.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Then we need a V.

Or for the V in all of us to stand up.

You are living in a wholly non-descript time in history. It is not appreciably better or worse than any other time. Overall, we're doing better as a species as time marches on.

All of this seems so urgent and important because we're living in the middle of it. It's all we know.

Insurrection and civil uprising is not the answer. It is a desired outcome for the bad guys.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
We're already wearing masks, we just need to draw mustaches on them.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
And the 4 million milestone is here. I guess this is what 'winning' looks like, eh guys?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Person at work who tested positive with the rapid test got their swab results back and it was negative.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Person at work who tested positive with the rapid test got their swab results back and it was negative.

I'm assuming he'll get tested once more, right? our policy at work is you need 2 negative tests.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
As a native Coloradoan, I really, really hope Connelly and/or Malone don't play Michael Porter Jr. this "season."

He's an embarrassment.

Hope he gets traded to the T'Wolves for who cares, a trade exception or something, where he can have a talk with KAT about COVID.

Seriously, what a fucking asshole.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Junior's just some dumb 22 year old who's good at basketball.

I'll say this, that 'America's Frontline Doctors' fringe group in D.C. the other day promoting hydrochloroquine did not help out America's national harmony in the slightest.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I'm assuming he'll get tested once more, right? our policy at work is you need 2 negative tests.

Two consecutive negative tests are required at my job too, before you can return, if you test positive.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I never go to bars, but I just found out a lot of them are finally allowed to re-open here, some of them haven't been open since late January. I wonder why restaurants were allowed to stay open but not bars.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I wonder why restaurants were allowed to stay open but not bars.

I can't speak for China of course, but what's happened here is that the people who go to bars during a fucking pandemic already aren't the brightest people, and when they get a few drinks in them they do stupid things and then hey, a lot more positive cases now. I think here they can still be open but they have to close pretty early in the night.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I never go to bars, but I just found out a lot of them are finally allowed to re-open here, some of them haven't been open since late January. I wonder why restaurants were allowed to stay open but not bars.

Bars are densely packed with people who are generally speaking very loudly to compensate for background noise, ie projecting their voices and spraying ronas everywhere. At a restaurant you're generally staying at your table and interacting with the people you came in with.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I don't go anywhere now unless its for work or groceries. Bars? Restaurants? Are you fucking mad?