Short video of my brother's RX-7 with a remix of "Nightcall".

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Beastly, my friend. How much work has he done on it (aside from the body kits, which are obvious)?

I miss my rotary. :(

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
rotary-power-t-shirt_design.png

I need to fix my 7...

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
i was going to get an rx-7 before but ended up being too big for the car(knees pressng against steering wheel, head pressing against ceiling)
i ended up getting a supra instead. you wouldn't realize it from looking at them but they are probably the most roomy/comfortable "sports car" out there.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
i was going to get an rx-7 before but ended up being too big for the car

Hahah.. same here. I felt like Fred Flintstone in that thing. The Supra does have a sweet interior.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Pretty solid whip...always a fan of volks.

Always wanted to get a black m coupe with te37 time attacks like this.

really pricey wheels though...and coming from japan they are probably radioactive as well.

outlaw_moon

Marked Wolf
Sweet ride. Man do i miss the days where I spent time on my integra. Now days I could give to $hits about what I'm driving as long as it gets me where I need to go. Of course if I was rich then I would import me a Skyline R34 but for now my 98 camry does the job.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I take it your cousin doesn't live in Cali or enjoys reverting to stock whenever he needs a smog(unless it's an illegal smog..)
Regardless, good show. I bet that thing gets shakey as hell & feels like it's going to fall apart at that speed.

No, it's been in the upper 180's and solid, but feels like it might float of the road.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The kid in me absolutely loves this car...
but as an adult, I wouldn't be caught dead in one.

Rice rocket appeal died when I turned 30 and started wearing a suit. I bet it's nothing but fun.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Beastly, my friend. How much work has he done on it (aside from the body kits, which are obvious)?

I miss my rotary. :(

I couldn't begin to tell you. You'd have to ask him. If you add him on facebook you can see all the pictures of his car that shows just about everything he's had done to it from start to finish.

The kid in me absolutely loves this car...
but as an adult, I wouldn't be caught dead in one.

Rice rocket appeal died when I turned 30 and started wearing a suit. I bet it's nothing but fun.

This car is hardly "rice". Honda civic, yeah that's rice. RX-7 is Japanese muscle plain and simple.

doggydodomi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
:(

Stuffs like this is why I wanted to visit the US this year...going buy a car there and dump it off at the end of the trip..

What is the RX7 going for there? Here..a 2002 registered RX7 is $47K and you will need to top up another $50K to drive it for another 10yrs..

Funny thing is...it is the Kids here that are driving this muscle car...and working adult like me can barely afford a vios ($110K)

Last edited:

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
I couldn't begin to tell you. You'd have to ask him. If you add him on facebook you can see all the pictures of his car that shows just about everything he's had done to it from start to finish.

This car is hardly "rice". Honda civic, yeah that's rice. RX-7 is Japanese muscle plain and simple.

Anything japanese with lots of plastic parts = rice rocket.

people get really defensive about that.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Doggy: 3rd gen RX-7s are all over the place in price, and it's had to find one in good working condition that isn't modded to hell and back. I've seen them as low as $12k, but also much higher.

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member
was always more of a fan of the second gen body. i know they don't have the twin turbo option, but for sheer looks and style i think they're absolutely gorgeous. personally though i'm still saving cash to buy an RX8 myself. i could get an 02 spirit-R RX7, but the 8's go for pennies here, and to me i really love the idea of a small, light, rear drive coupe in any form. so price is the deciding factor.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Anything japanese with lots of plastic parts = rice rocket.

people get really defensive about that.

WRROOOAAWNG.

Did you ever question why they get defensive about that? Probably because "rice rocket" and "rice burner"(in reference to cars) are at large used to refer to heavily modded 4 cylinder japanese cars that weren't meant to be raced in the first place. An RX-7 is plain and simply a race car and race cars aren't rice. Cars like RX-7s, Supras, Skylines etc are in a totally seperate class due to their performance and price range. You yourself brought up the "kid" in you wanting this but what kid could afford these kinds of cars? These are grown men cars.

People biased or not interested in imports may want to call it that and you can call it whatever you want but it simply isn't so. We could argue this forever so might as well not even waste each other's time.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Riiiiice Rocccccket! You should learn to live with it.

I have 2 v twin streetfighters, and people still call them crotch rockets. Doesnt bother me eventhough they are torque beasts.

TonK

Least Valuable Player

Honda makes some of the best engines in the automotive world.

Think of it this way... When was a 9000lb Dodge Ram supposed to run a 10 second 1/4 mile?

That's a sharp car man, but I'll guarantee my cousins "rice rocket" could take it, easily.

Then after, we can drive around and see some bitches... I'll yell.. "LTTP NIGGERFAGGOT"

You'll be like "lol"

TonK

Least Valuable Player
At 1.3L, I really can't call them muscle.

But squeezing 600+ HP out of such a small displacement engine is a remarkable feat.

Even if forced induction is at play.

Sure, nothing beats the feeling of being thrown in your seat by a well built V8... But when these small displacement cars light the turbo, it's freaking scary.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Officially, "rice rocket" is the word for weedy, japanese 4 bangers covered in superfluous cosmetic mods like aftermarket vents/gills/air dams/splitters/skirts/wings/spoilers/fartcans/gold colored wipers/etc.

Unofficially, it's a label that car snobs put on ANY asian vehicle.......I see a similar attitude on bimmerforums with the 5 and M series guys.

But in the sub forae dedicated to older (and much more affordable) performance BMWs there is much less antipathy towards asian cars.

Probably because they own both Japanese and German vehicles and realize that they are both built equally shitty lol.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Officially, "rice rocket" is the word for weedy, japanese 4 bangers covered in superfluous cosmetic mods like aftermarket vents/gills/air dams/splitters/skirts/wings/spoilers/fartcans/gold colored wipers/etc.

Unofficially, it's a label that car snobs put on ANY asian vehicle.......I see a similar attitude on bimmerforums with the 5 and M series guys.

But in the sub forae dedicated to older (and much more affordable) performance BMWs there is much less antipathy towards asian cars.

Probably because they own both Japanese and German vehicles and realize that they are both built equally shitty lol.

luckily when i do such nonsense it's to my astro van so you can't say 'rice rocket' to that ;P